• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

7 hours ago, Thallasa said:

For goodness sake my dear Spiderman ,that was 2000 years ago . There is no adult in the West, who has not heard of Jesus .

I wouldn't be so sure of that, unless you happen to been able to ask every person in the West personally.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

My point is that many Atheists don't know they are rejecting God

To the contrary. Adapting the self-title atheist is solely for the purpose of identifying as one who rejects God. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

False.  A person who is blind is not rejecting anything.  The entire meaning of John 9:41 is not that the Pharisees were blind.  Jesus' entire point is that they were not blind.  They knew who He was, but rejected Him anyway because He was not the Messiah they wanted.

An Atheist is not blind.  An Atheist knows about God but rejects him anyway.  

When I didn't believe in God, I didn't know I was rejecting God

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

54 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

When I didn't believe in God, I didn't know I was rejecting God

When do you remember first hearing about God compared to realizing you didn't believe in him?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I've heard many legalistic arguments. How people were not guilty of the Law because the Law had not been given... yet they all died.

Sometimes we get so bogged down in the details we lose perspective of what's the point?

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

So the atheists of which you speak (should they die in their unbelief) will exist in a lesser depth of hell. 

Kind of renders that sort of thing academic does it not?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

When I was an atheist I was blind.  I shudder and cringe to think of how blind I was.  I'm still blind in some areas but so grateful God rescued me from the blindness I once had.  It was terrible! Frightening!  Jails, institutions, drugs, demonic activity, hatred, chronic fear, bitterness, an attempt to take another life (for which I'm still on probation), suicide attempt with a train... Lord have mercy, was I ever blind!! :( 

At least now I have the grace to pray all the time for enlightenment and guidance and know there's a God who loves and cares.  That is a huge step in the right direction.  No, I did not know that before.  I was blind and deaf!

I think this is where you are missing the point. When you were an atheist, you were NOT blind. You absolutely saw the truth, but rejected it. Atheists are people who close their eyes and say everything is dark. It is NOT being blind. 

2 hours ago, ravindran said:

I think this is where you are missing the point. When you were an atheist, you were NOT blind. You absolutely saw the truth, but rejected it. Atheists are people who close their eyes and say everything is dark. It is NOT being blind. 

Not true!  I didn't see the truth.  In that sense I was blind.  Trust me, I know where I was at, and I didn't see the truth.

13 hours ago, OneLight said:

When do you remember first hearing about God compared to realizing you didn't believe in him?

I heard about him at a young age but didn't see the truth or know if He existed.

It's sort of like hearing about Islam or Mormonism.  Just because you hear about it, doesn't mean you believe it's true.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Your idea that "Many Atheist are not guilty of sin" is very wrong.  I am afraid you are not understanding this scripture and applying what you think incorrectly.

First, Jesus was addressing the Pharisees, a group of religious people who rejected Christ Jesus.  Because they thought they were right and true and Jesus was wrong and false, they were said to be blind, and because they claimed to have the truth, they were guilty of their sin.

Atheist are a group of people who also refuse to accept there is a God.  In order to be an atheist, one had to of been told about God, so their rejection of God is also held against them, and they do willfully sin.  Like the Pharisees, their sin will be held against them.

The entire POINT that Jesus is making in the verse of Scripture you are trying to use(out of context) to support your theory is the complete opposite of what you think ,the point is that they are NOT BLIND,just as atheists are NOT blind......its almost the same for talking verses out of context,you want them to "excuse" what you  know to be true.....you were not bling,the pharisees were not blind & theists are not blind.....the question would be,who are truly blind?

False.  A person who is blind is not rejecting anything.  The entire meaning of John 9:41 is not that the Pharisees were blind.  Jesus' entire point is that they were not blind.  They knew who He was, but rejected Him anyway because He was not the Messiah they wanted.

My guess would be"hardly anyone"......perhaps a young child,very young  who has not had the opportunity to SEE........anyway,does it matter?As OotS replied,none will have an excuse,that about sims it up......                 God gives EVERYONE the opportunity to either accept or reject Him                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

15 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The Pharisees didn't know he was the son of god. 

Even when the demons tried to say who he was he would shut them up.