• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

So let me get this straight... Atheists are not sinful like those of us who believed in God and came to Christ through faith?  I find that disturbing and totally false.  It gives them the idea that do not need Jesus because according to you they are not sinners.  Wow you never cease to amaze me.

If they know that Jesus is Lord and they reject him, then it is sin.  Jesus made it clear that those who know what they do will be held to higher standards than those who don't know.  The Holy-Spirit has convicted our hearts that Jesus is Lord and what we know will hold us to higher standards.  

Yes, they need Jesus, however some of them do not know what they do.  God knows what is in their hearts, and they will be held accountable for what they did that they knew was wrong.  God will also enlighten many of them and they will be held more accountable in proportion to how much truth they could see.  

There are people who know they are offending God and people who don't know.  Those who know what they do acquire greater guilt. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

I may have misinterpreted God's word.  For that I accept correction and repent.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

34 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

If they know that Jesus is Lord and they reject him, then it is sin.  Jesus made it clear that those who know what they do will be held to higher standards than those who don't know.  The Holy-Spirit has convicted our hearts that Jesus is Lord and what we know will hold us to higher standards.  

Yes, they need Jesus, however some of them do not know what they do.  God knows what is in their hearts, and they will be held accountable for what they did that they knew was wrong.  God will also enlighten many of them and they will be held more accountable in proportion to how much truth they could see.  

There are people who know they are offending God and people who don't know.  Those who know what they do acquire greater guilt. 

One of the duties of the Holy Spirit is to convict the world of sin, everyone, not just those who have accepted Jesus.  Here, you can read what scripture tells us from John 16:5-11

But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

You see, scripture is very clear as to how He works in the lives of even those who reject Him, and the atheist know in their heart what they do, whether or not they admit it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

One of the duties of the Holy Spirit is to convict the world of sin, everyone, not just those who have accepted Jesus.  Here, you can read what scripture tells us from John 16:5-11

But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

You see, scripture is very clear as to how He works in the lives of even those who reject Him, and the atheist know in their heart what they do, whether or not they admit it.                                                                                           OneLight

:amen:And we see this in Jeff2's reply,excellent!! Thank you Jeff for sharing,for your testimony                                With love in Christ,Kwik