• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

10 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

I heard about him at a young age but didn't see the truth or know if He existed.

It's sort of like hearing about Islam or Mormonism.  Just because you hear about it, doesn't mean you believe it's true.

No, it is not the same.  God stands behind His words with the conviction of the Holy Spirit.  Islam and Mormonism do not have the Holy Spirit.

People who do not believe after they have heard have hardened their hearts toward God.  Some people listen after a short while, others after years.  Some never listen.  Yet, in every case, people reject Him until they finally do listen.  They are not blind, but have a hardened heart.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, OneLight said:

No, it is not the same.  God stands behind His words with the conviction of the Holy Spirit.  Islam and Mormonism do not have the Holy Spirit.

People who do not believe after they have heard have hardened their hearts toward God.  Some people listen after a short while, others after years.  Some never listen.  Yet, in every case, people reject Him until they finally do listen.  They are not blind, but have a hardened heart.

In this thread I wasn't making excuses for me.  I have the Holy Spirit and have tasted heavenly consolation, so I have no excuse anymore.  There was a time in my life where I didn't know what I was doing and Jesus said of those who were Crucifying him "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

There was a time in my life where the truth could be presented to me and I would react as you would react to a Mormon at your door.  I saw people claiming that they had the truth.  I didn't know they had the truth until the Holy Spirit entered my heart and convicted me of it.  I couldn't see.

I have deep sorrow for those who do not see or understand the truth and I don't think it is their fault.  There is still much of the truth I don't see.  I won't see it until God gives me the ability to see it.

Edited by spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

11 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

Not true!  I didn't see the truth.  In that sense I was blind.

Some ex-atheists claim they just preferred not to believe there is a God because they didn't want to repent of their sins, but to continue to live in their sins. They chose darkness over light.

I believe some atheists are just deceived or do not have the courage to take a different position, they prefer to believe in human formulated theories just to be well accepted in their social circle.

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

16 hours ago, worthy said:

The Pharisees didn't know he was the son of god. 

Even when the demons tried to say who he was he would shut them up. 

Yes,  and remember how Peter found out that Y'SHUA is the SON of GOD ?  (he did not know either, at first)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

17 hours ago, worthy said:

The Pharisees didn't know he was the son of god....
Even when the demons tried to say who he was he would shut them up.... 

:sherlock:

Even

Pilate knew that they had handed Jesus over to him because they were jealous. Matthew 27:18 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

Worst

But the Jews, having seen the crowds, were filled with jealousy, and began contradicting the things spoken by Paul, blaspheming. Mark 15:10 ( Berean Literal Bible

And Yet We Weep

For I do not desire you to be ignorant, brothers, of this mystery, so that you won't be wise in your own conceits, that a partial hardening has happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in,

and so all Israel will be saved. Even as it is written, "There will come out of Zion the Deliverer, and he will turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

This is my covenant to them, when I will take away their sins."

Concerning the Good News, they are enemies for your sake. But concerning the election, they are loved for the fathers' sake. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. Romans 11:25-29 (New Heart English Bible)

For The Priceless Children Of Dear Jacob

Behold, the days come, said the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was an husband to them, said the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, said the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, said the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Thus said the LORD, which gives the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divides the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

If those ordinances depart from before me, said the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

Thus said the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, said the LORD.

Behold, the days come, said the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel to the gate of the corner. And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it on the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath. And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields to the brook of Kidron, to the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy to the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever. Jeremiah 31:31-40

Maranatha~!

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

10 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

In this thread I wasn't making excuses for me.  I have the Holy Spirit and have tasted heavenly consolation, so I have no excuse anymore.  There was a time in my life where I didn't know what I was doing and Jesus said of those who were Crucifying him "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

There was a time in my life where the truth could be presented to me and I would react as you would react to a Mormon at your door.  I saw people claiming that they had the truth.  I didn't know they had the truth until the Holy Spirit entered my heart and convicted me of it.  I couldn't see.

I have deep sorrow for those who do not see or understand the truth and I don't think it is their fault.  There is still much of the truth I don't see.  I won't see it until God gives me the ability to see it.

Your experience may be different than others, but the same in many ways.  Everyone, before accepting salvation through Jesus is blind to a point, coining your words, but unless their heart is too hard to receive His convictions through the Holy Spirit, they do know there is a God.  They may do their best to ignore His calling, His conviction, but still, that little voice that finally reached each of us was there.To claim we are blind is not 100% true ... we were running from God so we did not have to face who we really were.

My argument with this thread, and your idea, is that everyone who reject Jesus is guilty of sin.  There are no excuses.  In order to truly "not believe" in any form of spiritual life, as Atheist claim, they first had to do the research.  God did not leave them blameless, meaning that they cannot claim God never tried to reach them.  They chose to ignore His calling and conviction of their sins.  To me, that does not equate to being blind.  That is rejection, plain and simple, with the choices they made themselves.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 3/27/2017 at 7:58 AM, spiderman1917 said:

Unless they know that they sin, they are not guilty.  All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but Scripture says if you are blind you are not guilty of sin.  All have sinned, but some are not guilty of sin.

John 9
Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
39 Jesus said,“For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin"

Also, don't forget that Jesus forgave those who crucified him, saying from the cross "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".  Many people wouldn't do what they do if they knew the truth. 

Romans 1:20

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Psalm  14:1
For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

A description of the depravity of human nature, and the deplorable corruption of a great part of mankind. - The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. The sinner here described is an atheist, one that saith there is no Judge or Governor of the world, no Providence ruling over the affairs of men. He says this in his heart. He cannot satisfy himself that there is none, but wishes there were none, and pleases himself that it is possible there may be none; he is willing to think there is none. This sinner is a fool; he is simple and unwise, and this is evidence of it: he is wicked and profane, and this is the cause. The word of God is a discerner of these thoughts. No man will say, There is no God, till he is so hardened in sin, that it is become his interest that there should be none to call him to an account. The disease of sin has infected the whole race of mankind. They are all gone aside, there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Whatever good is in any of the children of men, or is done by them, it is not of themselves, it is God's work in them. They are gone aside from the right way of their duty, the way that leads to happiness, and are turned into the paths of the destroyer. Let us lament the corruption of our nature, and see what need we have of the grace of God: let us not marvel that we are told we must be born again. And we must not rest in any thing short of union with Christ, and a new creation to holiness by his Spirit. The psalmist endeavours to convince sinners of the evil and danger of their way, while they think themselves very wise, and good, and safe. Their wickedness is described. Those that care not for God's people, for God's poor, care not for God himself. People run into all manner of wickedness, because they do not call upon God for his grace. What good can be expected from those that live without prayer? But those that will not fear God, may be made to fear at the shaking of a leaf. All our knowledge of the depravity of human nature should endear to us salvation out of Zion. But in heaven alone shall the whole company of the redeemed rejoice fully, and for evermore. The world is bad; oh that the Messiah would come and change its character! There is universal corruption; oh for the times of reformation! The triumphs of Zion's King will be the joys of Zion's children. The second coming of Christ, finally to do away the dominion of sin and Satan, will be the completing of this salvation, which is the hope, and will be the joy of every Israelite indeed. With this assurance we should comfort ourselves and one another, under the sins of sinners and sufferings of saints.

Psalm 14:1 CommentariesMatthew Henry Commentary

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Yes worthy....I was talking to you,lol :D

Spiderman....Through my eyes I see a person who has many exclusions,continually clumping people into some group or another...asking us"How do you talk to X person,Y person,Z person".....how does one react to a "mormon" at their door? Do you react differently to anyone who knocks at your door?What do you say?Hello,what is your religion?I don't even know what that statement means? Personally,I don't even think about how to talk to people,they are all "people"......same as me

And now we have "the atheist"......again,they are "people",people who have willfully chosen ...personally I do not believe there are any true "atheists", I could understand someone saying they are agnostic but I cannot believe anyone to be "BLIND" as someone would have to be not see there is GOD & I do not buy it.

My argument with this thread, and your idea, is that everyone who reject Jesus is guilty of sin.  There are no excuses.  In order to truly "not believe" in any form of spiritual life, as Atheist claim, they first had to do the research.  God did not leave them blameless, meaning that they cannot claim God never tried to reach them.  They chose to ignore His calling and conviction of their sins.  To me, that does not equate to being blind.  That is rejection, plain and simple, with the choices they made themselves.                                                                                                                                 Onelight

I agree 100%(Psalm 14:1) The Word of God..............   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Some ex-atheists claim they just preferred not to believe there is a God because
they didn't want to repent of their sins, but to continue to live in their sins. 
They chose darkness over light. 

I believe some atheists are just deceived or do not have the courage to take
a different position, they prefer to believe in human formulated theories
just to be well accepted in their social circle. 

As a former Atheist, I would say that this was not my experience. I was aware, once I came to believe that there was a possibility of a God as Creator, that I was in trouble. I knew that if that was true, I was accountable. Now, if one continues in this state of agnosticism, they more than likely choose to live in this self-deception that they can have their sin and are O.K., because they have some fuzzy feelings about God letting them off because they have not denied His existence.

For me, it was either/or. Either God existed, or he did not. If He did, I was damned. If he did not exist, morality was self-imposed structure designed to control mankind. Both understanding demanded different action. it was a relatively short period of time (2 months) before I became a Christian. Once I knew that I was wrong about God's existence, I had to sort out the "how" can I be right with this "Being."   

My point is that many Atheists don't know they are rejecting God 

In response to this, you are only half-correct. Yes, for many years I did not know that I was rejecting God directly. I did however choose to blind myself with only evidence that would support my Atheism. This is self-imposed blindness. You are still accountable!

The science of what is called Natural Theology, is that God has revealed enough in Nature that the light of our own reason would arrive at a Divine Creator.  One wise Christian who spoke with me while I was an Atheist was smart enough to stop trying to give me the Gospel. As a path, it was meaningless to me. He finally resorted to challenge my presuppositions about why I was an Atheist; just what proof did I have? My epiphany was being asked where we as humans came from. I walked him back to the apes. Then he asked... "Where did the apes come from?" I walked him back to the primordial swamp and single-celled organisms. "Where did they come from?" He had caught me in a quandary, since the scientific Law of Cause and Effect demanded that something cannot come out of nothing. I blurted out the only thing I had left, "Well you see, there was a Big Bang in space, and all life came from that!" "Well, where did that life come from?..." He saw that I was stunned and was caught in my own scientific web, I was at the end of my Cause and Effect. I just admitted to myself that my "Science" was flawed; I had no First Cause. I defended myself saying... " Well, I guess that it always existed." That was the end of my theory. He gently said, " Why couldn't have been God?"

He did not say it in science terms, like, "Why can't God be the First Cause rather than some unknown assumption of a first eternal living cell in space." No, he left me there, holding my bag of shattered theory. At that point I had to concede that an Eternal Being that was a Divine Creator was more logical than "chance" and some eternally-existing cell which is an impossibility. 

I was not an Atheist in order to keep my sin. I drank heavily and smoked Marijuana. I remember after getting saved, the shock of many Christians who knew my previous life when they stated, "I bet that you are so happy to be free of alcohol and drugs," and I said, " I was not unhappy with my life; I was content. I am not saying that my life now is not better in Christ, but don't assume that I was unhappy, or that I came to Christ for a better life."

I was not an Atheist in order to justify my sinful life; I was an Atheist because I blinded myself with only the possibility that I was perfectly logical in how we as humans got here. I was accountable. Nature was full of evidence for God, and had every probability of not being a product of time, environment and chance. The Atheist is accountable!  

Edited by Jeff2

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/27/2017 at 5:58 AM, spiderman1917 said:

Unless they know that they sin, they are not guilty.  All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but Scripture says if you are blind you are not guilty of sin.  All have sinned, but some are not guilty of sin.

John 9
Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
39 Jesus said,“For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin"

Also, don't forget that Jesus forgave those who crucified him, saying from the cross "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".  Many people wouldn't do what they do if they knew the truth. 

So let me get this straight... Atheists are not sinful like those of us who believed in God and came to Christ through faith?  I find that disturbing and totally false.  It gives them the idea that do not need Jesus because according to you they are not sinners.  Wow you never cease to amaze me.