Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
spiderman1917

Many Atheists are not guilty of sin

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, spiderman1917 said:

Are you sure they know God exists? 

There is a big difference between someone who has never ever heard the word God or Jesus and someone know heard everything and rejects God exists because they do not believe in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 
Rom 1:17  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, as it is written, "The just shall live by faith." 
God's Wrath on Unrighteousness
Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 
Rom 1:19  because the thing which may be known of God is clearly revealed within them, for God revealed it to them. 

Rom 1:20  For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse
Rom 1:21  Because, knowing God, they did not glorify Him as God, neither were thankful. But they became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 
Rom 1:22  Professing to be wise, they became fools 
Rom 1:23  and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man, and birds, and four-footed animals, and creeping things. 
Rom 1:24  Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves. 
Rom 1:25  For they changed the truth of God into a lie, and they worshiped and served the created thing more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

Unless they know that they sin, they are not guilty.  All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but Scripture says if you are blind you are not guilty of sin.  All have sinned, but some are not guilty of sin.

John 9
Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
39 Jesus said,“For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin"

Also, don't forget that Jesus forgave those who crucified him, saying from the cross "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".  Many people wouldn't do what they do if they knew the truth. 

You can even take John 15:22 out of context and apply that Jesus did not speak with the world and hence they are not guilty of sin. This is pulling a verse out of context and applying it to totally something else to make doctrine! Sorry to be so blunt

The first thing to note here is that even blind people have sin. The question is whether they would be guilty or not. The second thing is, the type of blindness. The person was blind from birth. He never ever had an opportunity to see the outside world. I can think of people who are mentally challenged and do not have opportunity to make a decision understanding the implications. They might sin without understanding what it means. The 3rd thing is to see what pharisees are accused for. They are not blind. They claim to see. Atheists fall into this bucket. They claim to see and reject Jesus and God. They are not blind.

You actually need to explain why you feel atheists are blind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

That is beautiful!  It motivates me to read the Bible more :)

:emot-heartbeat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

Are you sure they know God exists? 

All of humanity innately knows that God exists.  But many suppress it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Thallasa
5 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

Unless they know that they sin, they are not guilty.  All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but Scripture says if you are blind you are not guilty of sin.  All have sinned, but some are not guilty of sin.

John 9
Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
39 Jesus said,“For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin"

Also, don't forget that Jesus forgave those who crucified him, saying from the cross "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".  Many people wouldn't do what they do if they knew the truth. 

For goodness sake my dear Spiderman ,that was 2000 years ago . There is no adult in the West, who has not heard of Jesus .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Romans 3:23 for ALL have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ravindran said:

You actually need to explain why you feel atheists are blind

When I was an atheist I was blind.  I shudder and cringe to think of how blind I was.  I'm still blind in some areas but so grateful God rescued me from the blindness I once had.  It was terrible! Frightening!  Jails, institutions, drugs, demonic activity, hatred, chronic fear, bitterness, an attempt to take another life (for which I'm still on probation), suicide attempt with a train... Lord have mercy, was I ever blind!! :( 

At least now I have the grace to pray all the time for enlightenment and guidance and know there's a God who loves and cares.  That is a huge step in the right direction.  No, I did not know that before.  I was blind and deaf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See the reason in Matthew 13:14-16,  And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
    15, For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    16, But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Fortunately, God has revealed to mankind in His Word, His method of dealing with those who have never heard the gospel.
There are many billions of people who in the past, the present, and in the near future before Christ returns who have not and will not even hear the Name of Jesus mentioned, or the gospel preached.

As mentioned in a previous post, Paul stated in Rom. 2:12-16 that God will do right by every man according to the light they have received.

He said, "For as many as have sinned without the law shall also perish without law: and as many have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these having not the law, are a law unto themselves: which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the meanwhile accusing or excusing one another. In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

When I was an atheist I was blind.  I shudder and cringe to think of how blind I was.  I'm still blind in some areas but so grateful God rescued me from the blindness I once had.  It was terrible! Frightening!  Jails, institutions, drugs, demonic activity, hatred, chronic fear, bitterness, an attempt to take another life (for which I'm still on probation), suicide attempt with a train... Lord have mercy, was I ever blind!! :( 

At least now I have the grace to pray all the time for enlightenment and guidance and know there's a God who loves and cares.  That is a huge step in the right direction.  No, I did not know that before.  I was blind and deaf!

This sounds like you were more of a satanist than an atheist.  Atheist don't even believe in demons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...