notsolostsoul

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Do you ever feel like just giving up? (Not speaking suicidal) What's the point in holding on to the word when your day to day is like waking up in the reality of torture? God speaks to me and confirms his promises over and over but the reality of life proves his words are just promises that are never fulfilled. I hear his words. I am joyous when I receive it, but then reality sets in and I just end up feeling tired. Physically and spiritually tired and drained. It feels as if the word alone is not enough. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Hello notsolostsoul,  it is good that you are here at Worthy.  Come here often and you will learn patience. Many are willing to listen and walk with you in here.  God's promises to you will take place at the time that He chooses.  I hope that you do not confuse a promise with an answer.  If you have requested something from The Lord and He promised to provide, then just wait it out.  And remember that an answer can be, no, yes or not now. 

Maybe your tired issues is just being too anxious.  There has to be some trust on your part.  If you give up, then wouldn't that be surrendering that trust and release God from His promises?  Then you would have to start all over again.  Others in here will have more to say on this. We both will learn together from them.     God Bless

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, notsolostsoul said:

Do you ever feel like just giving up? (Not speaking suicidal) What's the point in holding on to the word when your day to day is like waking up in the reality of torture? God speaks to me and confirms his promises over and over but the reality of life proves his words are just promises that are never fulfilled. I hear his words. I am joyous when I receive it, but then reality sets in and I just end up feeling tired. Physically and spiritually tired and drained. It feels as if the word alone is not enough. 

The word alone, as you put it,  may not be enough to have fullness of joy, peace and righteousness along with salvation in CHRIST JESUS.       Trying to do things my own way,  our own way,  man's way,  will not result in YHWH'S BLESSINGS or gifts -  perhaps even in more trials and chastisements and troubles wearing us down and without walking in the strength of joy from abiding in JESUS.    Whenever I got into bad company, and went along with them,   I lost the peace and the joy and the strength YHWH gives,  until I repented and YHWH restored me in HIS GRACE in JESUS.    I praise YHWH with a heart full of thanksgiving for HIS graciousness, HIS preciousness shed for us, and HIS forgiveness in JESUS THE MESSIAH SAVIOR KING.  

JESUS' message was always, it seems,  "turn to YHWH"  ,  for HIS WAY (not man's ) ....   The way of men seems right,  but the end thereof is the way of destruction....

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

43 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

That is Jesus left us with Holy Spirit, Comforter. We need to keep going back to Jesus when we are tired. It will keep happening again and again. As long as we are in this world. We have to keep going back to Jesus and cling on to His promises.

The Bible teaches that we will have trials and tribulations in this life. And that is no lie in this day and age. I live one day at a time, knowing that Christ could take us away at any moment. I may get angry at "life" but I realize that I don't have any power except what Christ gives me so I seem to get through the day, keeping my Hope in Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

20 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Remember that everything that happens is all by God's sovereign will. Not by our will but His alone. We cannot pretend to know what is best for us nor force God to act by our timetable.

Guest BacKaran

Hi

Do you have a church family? Fellowshipping makes a huge difference and the prayers and support of other Christians is a wonderful help!

Are you in a good Bible study class? I've taken village schools of the Bibles classes from   Genesis to Revelation four times, it's now available on line. Each class is different and I always learn something new from other students questions.

I have done a word search and tried to connect all the words together. Like angel... Means messenger, messenger means.... And I come full circle with Christ or Jesus being my Lord. If that makes sense.....

Pray for His peace, quit reading the bad news and read the Good news! 

Depression and anxiety can cause me to feel like.. What am I doing and why am I living? But I've learned to rephrase my questions and say thank you Lord for this day, what can I do to help others? 

Suggestions, get a Dr to confirm you do/don't have a medical depression or anxiety and deal with that first.

Get out and exercise if you can, listen to Christian radio, pray and go have coffee or lunch with a friend.

Family dramas have drained the life outta me. I learned to put up boundaries and change my reaction to their drama or snarky comments.

Always go to our Lord in prayer as this, the sad times, will pass!

Blessings

Karan ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

23 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

:emot-hug::emot-heartbeat: God loves you. :) 

Maybe read the Book of Job. I know life can be very precarious at times. Leaving us to think, well God, where are you? Do you know what I'm going through right now? It's all just too much! Help me! 

Maybe those times are happening to us because God wants us to live what is his word in practice. The world itself is an illusion. That's how I see it anyway. Yes, it is really there of course and yet it isn't everything. It is temporary and also remember the lord that is behind all that vexes us is the adversary to the truth of God. 
Is it any wonder that we come up against things that challenge us to think our Father's word isn't enough to get us through? What greater joy would God's enemy have to lead one of God's saints to believe in him, the enemy, for all they're suffering. Leaving the truth of God that should resonate in the individual cells that are us, the faithful, that make up the body of Christ here in Satan's domain. 

"No weapon formed against me may prosper!" When I encounter seeming overwhelming issues that challenge my emotions that's what I say to myself. If necessary I say it over and over again like a mantra and visualize at the same time armor plates coming into being and into place covering my body as I face what is challenging at that moment. 

I think it easy to read the pages of the Bible. I feel so comforted in those times where I take the time from my day and sit down with my Father's love letter to the world and seek comfort and guidance from him there.

The words are one thing but the spirit behind them is what delivers  personal advice for coping.  

Here's what I do when I'm up against really tough times.

I step away from them. I don't care where I'm at , even in the car. I'll pull over to a safe place, like a parking lot in a mall for instance, and I'll turn the car off. I put the sun shield up in the windshield so as to have privacy. My windows are dark tinted already. And that way I have privacy. A sanctuary from the crazy traffic, the road rage drivers, the bumper to bumper. 

I pray first. Out loud or to myself. It depends on how it feels at the moment. And then I take the Bible I carry in my car and I sit it with the spine side in my lap. I ask God to guide me to the wisdom I need in that moment in order to overcome the slings and arrows of the enemy that are being shot in my direction. And then I thumb across the closed pages until as I mouth the words, "Father guide me", and my finger falls into the pages. 

I read both pages and I can tell you without exception I have always gleaned something that helps me to see the message God was giving me, the lesson I was to learn in putting his righteous words into practice when I was encountering that former trouble on the road. 

And I do the same thing in my life as well off road. I carry a satchel with me for business and in the front pocket is my other Bible. And in the back pocket I have little New Testaments in the case of running into someone who may need God's help. 

Turn to the word is what I'm trying to say. Reading from the page is a great thing. Going deeper and finding the unique personal message Father wants to deliver to you in times of trouble is glorious. Sometimes we read the Bible and it can seem like it's just words on a page. However, God's words resonate throughout all creation because he is the maker of all things. He loves you! :) And he is there whispering comfort and encouragement to you all the time. Separating your awareness from this worlds attentions that the adversary puts out there to distract you from the truth of that, God's calling to you, his encouraging spirit, is what the adversary wants. 

Take your power back from the attentions the troubled world brings you and breathe deeply.Then exhale because that then is a prayer in itself calling the Word, the breath of life, the spirit that is Father, to fill you with his mercies and his strength. Watch the enemy flee. It is a glorious victory in heart and spirit to do that and with practice actually see the troubles you suffer in the moment change right before your eyes. 

May our Father's blessings and power surround you and light your path to better moments.

With the love of Jesus, very sincerely, DN.:emot-hug: :emot-heartbeat:

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

22 hours ago, Danger Noodle said:

Sometimes we read the Bible and it can seem like it's just words on a page.. 

This is exactly how I feel now. I seek but nothing really resonates. I feel I'm open to hearing him but yet it seems empty. Now I don't want to make it seem as if he doesn't respond. He does and has repeatedly, but the fact that nothing comes from his words is what confuses me or leaves me feeling like he is just talking. 

Now I know people are gonna read this and get all in their feelings and blame me for what I'm going through (How Jobs friends approached him), but it's not even that. I really wish God would make it clear as to what he wants of me.

From my thoughts of it, it is to be patient, be still and trust. My feelings in the matter are I really have tried trusting, but my lack of knowing how to be still leads to impatience and so I fail altogether. It's not that I haven't tried to do all of these things but how do you keep trust when the very things that were promised hold no weight.

People say its by faith not by sight. Yet even in Jesus time people needed atleast same miracles to keep them in faith. I am not asking for miracles, I just want him to keep the words he told me and it wasn't even what I asked for. He just promised and confirmed repeatedly but nothing has occured.

People say it's in his timing. Fine I can understand that but that still leaves little for me. Trying to trust in something that holds no weight leaves me (my human self) feeling I can't have trust.

So it seems I'm in a catch 22. Where no matter what I try I am setup to fail. 

At this point, I feel more lost than ever. 

I really hope individuals can keep their negative opinions to a minimal.

Beating on a soul that is in need does not help that soul. It also tarnishes your own. So please choose your words wisely because they can cause us both or all more harm than good.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

4 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

This is exactly how I feel now. I seek but nothing really resonates. I feel I'm open to hearing him but yet it seems empty. Now I don't want to make it seem as if he doesn't respond. He does and has repeatedly, but the fact that nothing comes from his words is what confuses me or leaves me feeling like he is just talking. [/quote] And that's how you should feel in that moment. Because I've felt that way and I found out that was the case too. And that's when I found out God's written word wasn't speaking to me because his inner Holy Spirit had something to say because he was up close and personal with me and what I'd just gone through. If I'd have just read his word I'd have missed his message. 
It's a relationship we're to have with our Father in heaven. His Holy Spirit indwells the believer and we're not suppose to hearken to that? 

Of course we are. When I would turn to his precious word and that didn't speak to me in the way I've already discussed, I'd take that as God's sign to meet with him one on one. And I'd put the Bible aside and take a walk. Just me and Father. I'd clear my mind of all that stuff that was troubling me because I just knew Father had advice that would get me through anything. So I'd relax, walk, clear my mind, and be open to what he had to say. 

:)

Your Father in heaven loves you. :wub::emot-heartbeat:   Because you are lovable. He knew that before he created the world you now live in and so much so that he gave his only son to save your eternal life. :emot-hug: When his sacred word doesn't speak to you from the page, take a walk with Father and let his Holy Spirit speak to you from within. 

Now I know people are gonna read this and get all in their feelings and blame me for what I'm going through (How Jobs friends approached him), but it's not even that. I really wish God would make it clear as to what he wants of me.

Yeah? Well, maybe that's because they're not where you and I have been in their own lives. Ignore them. One day they may understand. Until then, it's between you and Father. If they're in the blame game they're not in the compassion place that a member of God's holy church should be in. They're not going to be of any help to you . They're going to try to bring you down further if they demonstrate an attitude like that. Which just goes to show they need compassion and prayers for their own place in life. Because they're not there to be kind and share from the heart as one who is also indwelt with Father's Holy Spirit. 

Don't let it bother you. Pray for them if you feel inspired and then keep it movin. Life's too short to deal with knuckleheads. Ever notice that? Especially those that want to kick us when we're down. May they stub their toe before it ever makes purchase on our flesh or our feelings. :D 

From my thoughts of it, it is to be patient, be still and trust. My feelings in the matter are I really have tried trusting, but my lack of knowing how to be still leads to impatience and so I fail altogether. It's not that I haven't tried to do all of these things but how do you keep trust when the very things that were promised hold no weight.

Been there felt that too. I want it now! 
I think when Father takes his time to give us his wisdom it is to teach us how to be still and know he is there. I mean, how can he not be? He's omnipresent. Everywhere eternally and all the time. And during all those times we're trying to work our way through this life. But Father knows that. Because he's also eternally knowing all that is going on. And being he loves us he wants only the best. But if we're in our own head space, thinking we want things our way, it's like being that brat kid all over again. Wahhhh! I want it now! Now! Right now! Gimme! 

And like a good patient dad, he lets us squawk for awhile and then he soothes our emotions and speaks reason to the situation. But we'll only hear that when we get our own loudness out of the way and stay still. We're flesh and bone. Father is a spirit. He speaks softly and in this active busy emotional world we're not use to that so much. 

I think he's always there and will never let us perish to our troubles, but in the meantime waits to teach us patience and find stillness in the midst of the chaos because that's where we'll know how to find his guidance. It takes time. Just like when you learned how to walk as a baby. You didn't just jump up and run across the room. Baby steps. Take your time. Trust you can do it. Find your purchase on those new muscles you've not used like that before. 

Same with finding the inner stillness in a busy mind of ours so as to hear Father in his highest wisdom tell us where to go.

People say its by faith not by sight. Yet even in Jesus time people needed at least same miracles to keep them in faith. I am not asking for miracles, I just want him to keep the words he told me and it wasn't even what I asked for. He just promised and confirmed repeatedly but nothing has occured.

Maybe it is there but it isn't what you think it should look like so you miss it. We humans are all about being in control. Notice that? We have to give everything a name so as to seem as if we have dominion over everything that exists. Even the unseen. Atheists for example. They swear in all of creation they're sure there can be no such thing as God. Because, they say, there's no evidence of God. :blink:   Never mind all of creation being there as proof. That's not proof to them. That's just life. They don't see it. They don't see God. They see in their own reasoning, in their own mind, what they want to see. There is no such thing, no evidence in all of creation , as God.

You want proof, you want something to confirm what you've read in the Bible, what you hold faith in that exists. But when we do that, we have this idea of what it means to give us proof. And remember? The scripture tells us that God doesn't see things the way we do. He doesn't think the way we do. And this is key here. We can't possibly think nor see as he does. 
So while you're there waiting to see proof in a manner you can accept as God showing you he's there, he cares, and he's involved, he could be . In fact he is. But you have this idea of what you need to see as evidence. 

And that's understandable because as I said, we're always about being in control. Especially when it feels like life is going straight down the pipes and we're not in control of stopping it. It's all bad all the time . HELLLLLLLP! 

But it can be helped. We just have to take a deep breath and exercise as much trust as we do fear and let go. 
Remember when you were a kid with that band-aid over your bad boo boo? That band-aid was the perfect solution to stop the pain of what hurt so badly. Then the hurt went away more and more every day because the wound was healing over. 
We didn't see it happening but we could feel it. Then one day mom said it was time to change the band-aid again and throw it away forever. Nooooo! Because the memory of that hurt underneath was suddenly acutely fresh again. The memory of that old pain comes rushing to the forefront. Not again. That sucked the first time. Not again? But mom knew best. And rather than slowly peel that bandage away she peeled it off gently and surely. And there you were. A scab but a healing of a former hurt. 

No more band-aid. Only healing from then on. 

That's how it feels when things go south for me. Oh man, this is the worst! No matter what I do nothing works. Circling the drain. Anyone care? Is ANYBODY LISTENING? *looks up* 

Sure. God hears. God see's. He's right there the whole time. But rather than being wrapped up in the present boo boo, just take a deep breath and trust he's got it. I mean come on, I tell myself, God created the universe that makes my eyes go wide as I look to the Hubble telescope pictures on-line. If he can create that he's got this! :)

People say it's in his timing. Fine I can understand that but that still leaves little for me. Trying to trust in something that holds no weight leaves me (my human self) feeling I can't have trust.

I gotta say when I'm up against it it irks the heck out of me to hear someone say that same thing. "It's all in God's time!" And then they smile. And I want to punch them right in the snout. :P  Because when we're scared we don't have patience for that kind of thing. It's all in his time? The Bible tells me that for him a day is like a thousand years! It's all in his time? I ain't gonna live that long man! 

But who knows that better than Father?  
The other thing that irks is when people say, God doesn't always give you what you want when you want it. He gives you what you need when you need it. 

Riiiight! Those are people who's gas has never been turned off in the winter because it is one degree above the temperature the law says prohibits the shut off of the gas. 

I need money to keep the gas on! NOW!Does Father want me to come to heaven as a human ice cube? Hmmm? 

I think people say those kind of things because they really don't know what else to say. Maybe they can't relate. Or maybe they're just sick and tired of me calling them for advice when craps rolling down hill and I'm tied to the tree in front of the wave. 

But the longer I live the more I learn how to cope. And how to trust Father. And very importanly, how not to call those type people. ;) And I notice, when they call me with their crap and I give back to them the same advice they gave me, they hang up. :laugh:  OH yeah, but I was suppose to think that was helpful when it was speaking in my ear? 

Ahhhh , God has a sense of humor. Just look at the platypus. 

So it seems I'm in a catch 22. Where no matter what I try I am setup to fail.

One day I was really up to my neck in it. I looked in the mirror when I felt the way you describe and I had to crack myself up or I was going to curl into a ball and wail. I said to my reflection, if you're not going to be a superior example of success you might as well be the best uppity example of failure. And then I stuck my tongue out. 

:laugh: Boy did I look funny. And I cracked up something fierce. I was rollin and soon tears of laughter started flowing instead of misery. It was all that pent up emotion of bad thoughts, failure, fear, big time fear, coming out.  Afterward I went and took a long hot shower . I used this lavender essential oil on a loofah and scrubbed my skin just to invigorate my circulation and as a ritual of cleansing away all that negativity. The scent of lavender floating on the steam of that shower was invigorating and instilled peace at the same time. 
I turned my back to the spray , bowed my head, and prayed. And then I wept like a baby. All those fearful emotions as if I'd been forgotten by Father flowed. 

I got out, dried off, got dressed in my favorite flannel nightgown and curled up on the couch with a cup of chamomile tea. I was in for the night and at peace. 

About an hour in the phone rang. I'm a contractor and I started to feel as if no one wanted my services anymore. I was done. Out of business. Blah, blah, blah. All these negative self-defeating clubs hitting my mind and heart through my own thoughts defeating me. Because the phone wasn't ringing. Or I was being underbid by lesser qualified companies. People on the cheap pay little now and end up suffering huge later. But it was what it was and right then I was done. DUN (Down Underwhelmed Evicted(soon))  done! 

The phone rang and it ended up being the multi-year contract that I just completed last month. Now, I'm taking a year off with residuals and no worries like before. God is good. :) 

I wanted to share that so you'd know there is always hope. If you're able to suffer you're able to overcome. :bighug:It takes guts to have faith. Especially when it seems like no one's listening when you pray and no one cares either. But he does. Trust it. That's why it's called faith. First we have to have the faith we're not always in control. Something else is. Let go and let God. Easy to say, harder to do. But when you can you'll be amazed at how things fall into place. And if you're like me you may see when those pieces do fall into place why and how due to what you experienced before. The things that are falling into place now are showing you where they came from in your past. It's hard to explain  but if you relax and look for the message you'll see it. Once it seemed like a thread was leading from the moment back years ago. And I could actually recall what I'd long forgotten when something happened in my life. 

I saw back what I did then when the same type situation appeared in the moment. I saw how I responded and what transpired. And here it was again. It was as if God was saying, remember that? Here it is again. Yes, life is a school and this is the lesson you've yet to learn. Remember what you did back then? Now's your chance to decide if you're going to repeat that or do something else. 

I did something different. And to this day 10 years later it's not returned. I guess I learned that lesson. It takes time and patience. But if your spirit joins with the mind of God, that's the only way I know how to put it, rather than with the rules of the world, the rule in the world, you'll see how things fit together in your life. It's wondrous. Really. :D  

At this point, I feel more lost than ever. 

I really hope individuals can keep their negative opinions to a minimal.

Beating on a soul that is in need does not help that soul. It also tarnishes your own. So please choose your words wisely because they can cause us both or all more harm than good.

People that kick you when you're down are telling you they aren't good for you. Believe them. Keep it movin. Let them live with that. You don't have to. 

The beautiful thing about reading on the Internet someone who starts out smashing you with negativity when you're in need is that as soon as you see that kind of attitude in print start out, you can scroll on past and ignore the rest.

You don't have to read them. You don't have to let their negativity reach you at all. Ignore them. That's what I do. There are people who live dark. They've been there all their lives and they like to share. 
That's the beautiful thing about choice. They can choose to share in hopes of bringing you down and into their head space but you don't have to go. ;) People that are in love with God aren't into being a putz. They're as the Bible , Father, tells us we should be. Compassionate, loving, direct when necessary but still kind. Those who like to be mean are just mean. Let them live with that. You don't have to.  

Our Father's mercy and strength be with you. May his angels deliver you comfort and guidance and may his voice reach you in the quiet and in the chaos and show you the way. In Jesus name I ask this of our Father as a blessing for you and yours, Amen. :emot-hug:

philippians-413-in-nature-prints.jpgjoshua_1_9_by_sora_horsey.jpg

Edited by Danger Noodle