notsolostsoul

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you Danger Noodle and bless you. To hear from another soul, to know at least one other person can understand and explain is greatly appreciated. 

I have come across so many that just throw scripture out there but fail to understand the situation and as you said maybe they just do not know how to deal.

However it seems we have been through very similar situations. This is where for me God's timing comes in. Here I am, at what feels like my wits end but he places you here with your beautifully expressed words that perfectly show how he is here with me, with us.

This is how he answers me and shows me. I need to be stronger in my trust and faith in him. I am trying.

Thank you again and may our Father continue Blessing you!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

43 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

Thank you Danger Noodle and bless you. To hear from another soul, to know at least one other person can understand and explain is greatly appreciated. 

I have come across so many that just throw scripture out there but fail to understand the situation and as you said maybe they just do not know how to deal.

However it seems we have been through very similar situations. This is where for me God's timing comes in. Here I am, at what feels like my wits end but he places you here with your beautifully expressed words that perfectly show how he is here with me, with us.

This is how he answers me and shows me. I need to be stronger in my trust and faith in him. I am trying.

Thank you again and may our Father continue Blessing you!

Thank you sister. :emot-hug: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  899
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,634
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

This is exactly how I feel now. I seek but nothing really resonates. I feel I'm open to hearing him but yet it seems empty. Now I don't want to make it seem as if he doesn't respond. He does and has repeatedly, but the fact that nothing comes from his words is what confuses me or leaves me feeling like he is just talking. 

Now I know people are gonna read this and get all in their feelings and blame me for what I'm going through (How Jobs friends approached him), but it's not even that. I really wish God would make it clear as to what he wants of me.

From my thoughts of it, it is to be patient, be still and trust. My feelings in the matter are I really have tried trusting, but my lack of knowing how to be still leads to impatience and so I fail altogether. It's not that I haven't tried to do all of these things but how do you keep trust when the very things that were promised hold no weight.

People say its by faith not by sight. Yet even in Jesus time people needed atleast same miracles to keep them in faith. I am not asking for miracles, I just want him to keep the words he told me and it wasn't even what I asked for. He just promised and confirmed repeatedly but nothing has occured.

People say it's in his timing. Fine I can understand that but that still leaves little for me. Trying to trust in something that holds no weight leaves me (my human self) feeling I can't have trust.

So it seems I'm in a catch 22. Where no matter what I try I am setup to fail. 

At this point, I feel more lost than ever. 

I really hope individuals can keep their negative opinions to a minimal.

Beating on a soul that is in need does not help that soul. It also tarnishes your own. So please choose your words wisely because they can cause us both or all more harm than good.

What exactly are you expecting? From God / the Bible, I mean.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

16 hours ago, Danger Noodle said:

Thank you sister. :emot-hug: 

Noodle, just an FYI, a lot of people with cataracts have  trouble reading your posts using that color.   I didn't realize that until I had surgery a few months ago and can now see it.....   but not very well.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Understood other one. :) I just choose that color because it matches my top hat cobra color. I'll fix it from now on. Thanks again brother. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,515
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/27/2017 at 0:45 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Do you ever feel like just giving up? (Not speaking suicidal) What's the point in holding on to the word when your day to day is like waking up in the reality of torture? God speaks to me and confirms his promises over and over but the reality of life proves his words are just promises that are never fulfilled. I hear his words. I am joyous when I receive it, but then reality sets in and I just end up feeling tired. Physically and spiritually tired and drained. It feels as if the word alone is not enough. 

Hi,  hard times and serious angst eh? Okay  I may not understand your personal situations but suffer my thoughts and experiences for   a few moments anyway, if you will.

Thanks

In order of the subjects you raise:

No I do not (ever) feel like giving up. I always feel like taking in and taking on the battle yet another day,- today. The body may be weak (and old) but the spirit, it is willing to command the body.

The point of holding on is to serve Christ Jesus as a bond-servant, standing the post like a soldier of Christ Jesus, doing whatever the post demands.

How does God speak to you?

What might an example be of the words you have heard?

What might be the works of your faith as result of the words that  you hear?

From my reference point only ( What I remind myself); the work of faith of Jesus is indeed physically and mentally tiring, absolutely  no doubt about it. It is also a good tired, like that of one having done a hard work out. It is not an academic exercise, it is spiritual warfare.

When hit in that battle  I try to take on the attitude, give me another. Demons are not omnipresent and when they attack any one of us they are not attacking others that may need a bit of a rest. ( I )  Ask for help of angels and try to take 'em on.

And, (I) never ever expect a good deed to go unpunished! 

For all of us I suggest; Do good deeds as often as you may see them to be done, doing so without desire for the kind words of men  acknowledging those good works. Fact keep the left hand from knowing what the right hand is doing.

Get so busy at faith that there is precious little time to reflect upon the many failures, on the perceived lack of understanding or vision of others, or lack of appreciation. Just stand the post assigned by God and rejoice in the assignment while  tuned toward God's will, never fearing, never giving up.

As is said about most things challenging, this isn't bean bag. We aren't in a kid's game.  Yes it is hard stuff.

Praise God for He never gives to us more than what we can handle, but He sure can stretch us to new strengths, and praise him for the fact that  it isn't so easy as to be dull stuff to boredom.

The aches, the pains, the hurts, they are what can make a bond-servant  sing out the praises  of his creator. They confirm the battle is on  for real. And that God is with us, otherwise we would be left alone not even worthy of battling against by the little antichrists and demons.

Joy does come in the morning, It is well with my soul, these are more then song titles they are testimonies of witnesses for Christ Jesus and His faith that redeems us to life eternal with Him.

All that from my own  perspective, as I pray for your protection by many angels and for your spirit to lift you to new  joy in our mutual savior our creator Jesus.

May joy in God be yours in all circumstance.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:51 PM, notsolostsoul said:

I really wish God would make it clear as to what he wants of me.

I know how you feel on that. I ask God about that all the time. But as so many others here are saying its all about patience. Have faith that the Lord knows what is best and will lead you down the right path. Have patience that everything will come in its own good time.