• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,329
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Is to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God, requiring too much? 

To do justly, and loving mercy while knowing what 'just' is and walking humbly with God...  That sounds like a lucrative career.  Almost as a Federal Judge or Supreme Court Justice.   But of course loving mercy more than doing justly and visa versa, is being 1 sided for any Court Justice.

And so see how God Himself does Justly, loving mercy and walking humbly all the while knowing that the demons and devils and the wicked and the evil doers are walking about also.... 

If God can't do 'just' while showing mercy and walking humbly with those who ask of Him, how are any others supposed to be 'better' than what He has shown? 

And so The Name of God is blasphemed. Romans 2:24  "For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written."  The Name of God is blasphemed through any because there is no Just doer, no merciful one who walks humbly with God.  Not even when asked and begged for such ones in Christ Jesus of Nazareth's Name.  

Regardless that The Name of God should be held in reverence, if there are no provisions to the righteous but only blasphemies because of the lack of Just, and because of no 'loving' mercy towards the righteous and because noone is humble enough to do Just or have true mercy, why wouldn't there be an outcry within the souls of each righteous ones? And so they slowly begin blaspheming the name of God because of such ones and even because God Himself does not show Himself to be tasteful or Gracious nor Just nor Merciful nor Humble.   If God needs specific prayers and requests to be made every single time oppression/evil never stops to cease, then it would seem as silly to continue serving a God who is Righteous.  

Those who have the means to move out of oppression is 1 thing.  There are many who have neither resources nor means to remove themselves out from among continual oppression/evil.  And if Church is the next step, Church can be just as oppressive/evil when the words coming from the Pastor are not Scripturally reinforced.  When and if women are giving the sermons and when and if the men are not speaking of the oppressions/evils of the days of their own neighborhoods nor addressing any importance of remaining Scriptural, then why even bother thinking those words will help the Christian walk.  The christian walk is with the the Good Shepherd, not with a man who has a Title of Pastor or Preacher.  The Pastor and Preacher should continually know who they are under as well as reminding the congregation who they are under.  And when a Pastor is on the altar as unclean because he/she is ritually unclean due to the emissions of copulation the night before or within the week of her ritual impurity, menstrual cycle, why even bother?  They neglect the very Holy Bible which I am supposed to go to get fed from.. 

Edited by delade3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

What God wants from us is a relationship and a lifestyle, not sacrifice.

To ‘act justly’ means to live in a socially responsible way, upholding the rights of others and safeguarding the weaker members of society. This cannot be confined to our personal relationships; it also has political implications.

To ‘love mercy’ means to treat people as individuals, not as objects.

Such a lifestyle isn't necessarily straightforward. Many ethical disagreements hinge on the balance between justice and mercy: what should we do when they seem to conflict? The Pharisees were strong on justice, but weak on mercy; their concept of holiness was therefore seriously unbalanced (Luke 11:42).

But at the end of the day, it's all about relationship. To 'walk humbly' means submitting to God and obediently following His way, like Enoch (Genesis 5:22-24).

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

I'm not sure "socially responsible" is found in the WORD OF YHWH (THE BIBLE).....

All through the OLD TESTAMENT and the NEW TESTMENT society was opposed to the BIBLE, against and contrary to GOD,  and persecuted the children and the people of GOD.....  i.e. "socially responsible" carries with it centuries of gruesome persecutions all over the world even thru recent years.

Obediently following HIS WAY, like Enoch,  is PERFECTO' ! YES!

Or even better perhaps,  "follow JESUS",  and live as HE lives.   Against such there is no law (in GOD'S SIGHT) - but you can get arrested in the united states just for giving away food needed to a poor hungry person..... (good example where "socially responsible" i.e. law abiding,  is directly in conflict with GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS....   one of many examples in the usa.

Sometimes God provides for all things to have one turn and begin hating him. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, delade3 said:

Sometimes God provides for all things to have one turn and begin hating him. 

Do you mean a test,  to offer people a wayward way,  to see if they will take it ?

1 hour ago, Deborah_ said:

What God wants from us is a relationship and a lifestyle, not sacrifice.

To ‘act justly’ means to live in a socially responsible way, upholding the rights of others and safeguarding the weaker members of society. This cannot be confined to our personal relationships; it also has political implications.

To ‘love mercy’ means to treat people as individuals, not as objects.

Such a lifestyle isn't necessarily straightforward. Many ethical disagreements hinge on the balance between justice and mercy: what should we do when they seem to conflict? The Pharisees were strong on justice, but weak on mercy; their concept of holiness was therefore seriously unbalanced (Luke 11:42).

But at the end of the day, it's all about relationship. To 'walk humbly' means submitting to God and obediently following His way, like Enoch (Genesis 5:22-24).

Thanks... may I ask a question please?  You said to 'act justly' means to live in a socially responsible way, upholding the rights of others and safeguarding the weaker....... etc..... May I ask if there are any Biblical verses showing how a Christian is supposed to act and live around non-believers or pagans or heathens or whatever word a person might use to point to non believers??  The reason I ask is because I've been trying to find some but haven't been able to find any.   

Even the Churches do not address such questions and things... 

Edited by delade3

8 hours ago, delade3 said:

Thanks... may I ask a question please?  You said to 'act justly' means to live in a socially responsible way, upholding the rights of others and safeguarding the weaker....... etc..... May I ask if there are any Biblical verses showing how a Christian is supposed to act and live around non-believers or pagans or heathens or whatever word a person might use to point to non believers??  The reason I ask is because I've been trying to find some but haven't been able to find any.   

Even the Churches do not address such questions and things... 

The New Testament letters were written to believers who were a tiny minority in an overwhelmingly pagan environment. So all instructions contained in those letters apply to the situation that you describe.

But I can think of one verse that does specifically address this issue:

"Live such good lives among the pagans that, although they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us." (I Peter 2:12)

8 hours ago, simplejeff said:

I'm not sure "socially responsible" is found in the WORD OF YHWH (THE BIBLE).....

All through the OLD TESTAMENT and the NEW TESTMENT society was opposed to the BIBLE, against and contrary to GOD,  and persecuted the children and the people of GOD.....  i.e. "socially responsible" carries with it centuries of gruesome persecutions all over the world even thru recent years.

Obediently following HIS WAY, like Enoch,  is PERFECTO' ! YES!

Or even better perhaps,  "follow JESUS",  and live as HE lives.   Against such there is no law (in GOD'S SIGHT) - but you can get arrested in the united states just for giving away food needed to a poor hungry person..... (good example where "socially responsible" i.e. law abiding,  is directly in conflict with GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS....   one of many examples in the usa.

Your understanding of 'socially responsible' is rather different from mine.

I don't mean "law-abiding", but being concerned for the good of the whole community, rather than just looking out for my own interests (or the interests of my own social class or social circle). I can't see how this would lead to persecuting people.

And although you won't find the words "socially responsible" in the Bible (they're very modern terminology), there is a wealth of OT legislation directed at upholding the rights of the poor (for example). That's probably what Micah was thinking of when he wrote this prophecy.