IGNORED

Victorian g'vt - teach kids not to be sexist.

HisFirst

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

The question I wanted answered was: why don't you apply the same standard to girls wearing male clothing and doing activities seen as masculine? You say that men should be men and women should be women, yet you seem to only care about clothing/toys when it comes to boys. 

Is it a perversion for women to wear pants, play with toy guns, or compete in athletic events? If not, why?

I don't think girls should wear men's clothing.  But there are pants and shirts made for women and women have always worn pants, so that is not a "male" garment  Sports that are geared for girls are not a problem, never have been. 

I don't see a problem with girls training with and using REAL guns.   But the fact is that girls and boys are not the same and should not be treated the same.  Women are feminine and should stay that way.  Boys being feminine and girls trying to be men are examples of disorders that need to be corrected.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't think girls should wear men's clothing.  But there are pants and shirts made for women and women have always worn pants, so that is not a "male" garment  Sports that are geared for girls are not a problem, never have been. 

I don't see a problem with girls training with and using REAL guns.   But the fact is that girls and boys are not the same and should not be treated the same.  Women are feminine and should stay that way.  Boys being feminine and girls trying to be men are examples of disorders that need to be corrected.

I don't know if you know this but this is what going on  in most homes these days :laugh:

You said :

women have always worn pants

:rofl:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

There is uniqueness in nature for boys and girls. God did create men and women differently. Men and women are wired different. In the name of equality, people try to destroy this uniqueness. That is wrong.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

On 3/30/2017 at 3:13 AM, shiloh357 said:

No, women have not always worn pants. Pants haven't existed for all of human history, and they haven't been an acceptable and common garment for women in some eras and societies. In the US specifically, pants were considered a male garment up until the 1920s or so.

If I'm understanding you correctly, sports that are seen as masculine by society aren't okay for girls to play, but sports that are seen as feminine (or maybe not strongly leaning either way) are fine. Basically, it completely depends on society's arbitrary feelings on any given piece of clothing or sport at any given time. 

Therefore, to make a certain piece of clothing, a specific sport, or a behavior acceptable, all we have to do is change society's view of it. In 50 years, it could very well be considered acceptable for men to wear full faces of makeup or paint their nails. Or, *gasp*, for boys to play with easy bake ovens and dolls. 

How do you feel about certain occupations? Is it permissible for men to go into female dominated fields, or women to go into male dominated fields? 

I don't see a problem with girls training with and using REAL guns. 

So it isn't acceptable for girls to play with toy guns, but using real guns is totally fine? Conservatism, not even once. 

Boys being feminine and girls trying to be men are examples of disorders that need to be corrected.

What are the names of those disorders? 

Guest shiloh357
17 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

No, women have not always worn pants. Pants haven't existed for all of human history, and they haven't been an acceptable and common garment for women in some eras and societies. In the US specifically, pants were considered a male garment up until the 1920s or so.

They were worn by women in ancient times as an undergarment and even in more modern times, as well.

If I'm understanding you correctly, sports that are seen as masculine by society aren't okay for girls to play, but sports that are seen as feminine (or maybe not strongly leaning either way) are fine. Basically, it completely depends on society's arbitrary feelings on any given piece of clothing or sport at any given time. 

No, that is not what I said.   There is a good reason that we don't have women competing against men in sports.  It has nothing to do with sports being "masculine."   But women compete in the olympics in almost every kind of sport that men do, we have women's basketball teams, soccer teams, golf, roller derby, and just about anything you can think of, but they compete against other women.

So it isn't acceptable for girls to play with toy guns, but using real guns is totally fine? Conservatism, not even once. 

A common sense approach to my comment would be that if I think it's okay for women  to use real guns, that it would be okay for them to play with toy guns as a child.

What are the names of those disorders? 

Being gay, transgender, those kinds of abnormalities and spiritual perversions.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

18 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

They were worn by women in ancient times as an undergarment and even in more modern times, as well.

I'm not arguing against that; I'm disputing your claim that women have always worn pants, which is incorrect. Again, pants haven't even existed for all of human history, and they haven't always been an acceptable and common garment for women across all eras and societies. In the US specifically, pants were considered a male garment up until the 1920s or so, and there have been rules enforcing that segregation, such as in schools and even in the US Senate, which prohibited women from wearing pants while on the floor up until 1993. 

25 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not what I said.   There is a good reason that we don't have women competing against men in sports.  It has nothing to do with sports being "masculine."   But women compete in the olympics in almost every kind of sport that men do, we have women's basketball teams, soccer teams, golf, roller derby, and just about anything you can think of, but they compete against other women.

Then I apologize for misinterpreting your comment. The rest of my post still stands for clothing and behaviors seen as masculine/feminine. 

What is your opinion of sports not segregated by gender, like a co-ed soccer league? 

27 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

A common sense approach to my comment would be that if I think it's okay for women  to use real guns, that it would be okay for them to play with toy guns as a child.

I asked about toy guns and you responded with something about real guns, so I misunderstood your meaning. 

29 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Being gay, transgender, those kinds of abnormalities and spiritual perversions.

Those aren't actual disorders. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Well I'm still going to use gender specific sayings like

Womens' intuition, and real men don't eat quiche. :rolleyes:

Edited by HisFirst

Guest shiloh357
49 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

I'm not arguing against that; I'm disputing your claim that women have always worn pants, which is incorrect.

No, it is not incorrect.   What we call "pants"  have always existed as both a male and female undergarment until recently.  Only now are they an outer garment and for a while they were worn exclusively by males as an outer garment. But that is different now.   But pants, historically, were not exclusively male.

Those aren't actual disorders. 

Yes, they are mental disorders.   Just like being trans-racial and trans-species.   We live in a culture now that tries to normalize everythng, mainstream everything no matter how sick, weird, perverted or disgusting.

Being gay is a mental disorder that is brought on by demonic influence.  Gay people need Jesus so that they can be delivered and healed from the spiritual stronghold of homosexuality.

Trans-genderism is just like that.  It is a mental disorder and the only real cure for it is an encounter with Christ.

Guest shiloh357
36 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Well I'm still going to use gender specific sayings like

Womens' intuition, and real men don't eat quiche. :rolleyes:

:24: