delade3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

is it okay to ask this question coming from a Biblical standpoint?  'Are you saved'?  

What backings can you give from Scripture? 

Bible Concordance – Free Online Bible Concordances, Stong's ...    What is Stong's Concordance?  www.biblestudytools.com/concordances/

SAVED:

http://www.thekingsbible.com/BibleConcordance.aspx?dw=saved#

Clicking on the NEXT box will lead to the the rest. 

Edited by delade3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

8 hours ago, delade3 said:

is it okay to ask this question coming from a Biblical standpoint?  'Are you saved'?  

Of course its ok to ask. When you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, when you realise that you cannot save yourself through works, and have cleansed yourself in the blood of the cross, you are saved.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

11 hours ago, delade3 said:

I'd rather tell you why I believe I'm saved from my life. I think everyone, especially new Christians wonder whether or not they're really saved. Sometimes it takes years to see the evidence of it. For some people it can take decades before it's as obvious as the nose on the face.

The problem is if I say what I want to tell you I'm going to be accused of boasting. I don't want that. So I'll just say this. I'm saved about 40 yrs. I'm very different now than I was then. And when I look at how virtually every other person of the world is, I think to myself, Why am I here. I no longer want the things everyone else wants. I can remember when I did and I'm glad I don't anymore. If this isn't what being saved means then I don't know what it means.                  People of the world probably consider me nuts, or maybe a jerk, a person who doesn't know what's important. To me the important things are obeying God. I don't put value on money. I only want as much as I need to survive, the world considers that stupid. I'll go out of my way to help someone, even a person who always hurts me. It just happened last Tuesday. A man I know called me because the alarm went off in his store and he wanted me to go see if it had been broken into. This was during a blizzard and I have trouble walking due to a spine problem. But I went out to look. The store was fine but I wound up falling bc the wing was blowing at 60 mph. By the grace of God I wasn't seriously hurt. And now yesterday this man stabbed me in the back again. He's done that more times than I remember in the last 5 yrs. I used to drive a Taxi cab. You're supposed to drop your passengers off as fast as possible and try and get a new passenger. That's how you make money, they don't pay you by the hour. If I happen to get a passenger with a problem who needed to talk I'd stay with the person as long as possible. I knew I was losing money but I was helping someone. Opps. I wasn't supposed to tell you anything. I only told you bc I think you needed to know. I also don't lie, cheat or steal.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

19 hours ago, delade3 said:

Do you feel you are saved? :emot-hug:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

23 hours ago, delade3 said:

Is "this question" 'bout in life - day to day,   or 'bout here on a forum ?  (the answer to 2 different questions is 2 different answers).

Notice from the book of REVELATION in the BIBLE that many(multitudes of) people on earth are surprised on judgment day.  (what they thought and said on earth is contradicted by Y'SHUA THE JUDGE in REVELATION on judgment day) ..  i.e. when we ask someone on earth,   what they say and believe to be true may not be,  and perhaps no one will know until judgment day.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

A better question is "Can you openly declare that Jesus is Lord?"

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, gdemoss said:

A better question is "Can you openly declare that Jesus is Lord?"

Perhaps,  perhaps not.   

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do ... - Bible Hub
biblehub.com/luke/6-46.htm
"Why do you keep calling me 'Lord, Lord,' but don't do what I tell you? ... “Why are you calling me, 'My Lord, my Lord'', and you are not doing whatever I say?”

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not ...
biblehub.com/matthew/7-22.htm
On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'

Matthew 7:21-23 - True and False Disciples - “Not - Bible Gateway

22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?

22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?"