• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/28/2017 at 0:29 AM, delade3 said:

is it okay to ask this question coming from a Biblical standpoint?  'Are you saved'?  

What backings can you give from Scripture? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

:confused:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

:confused:

Why so blue? 

I was working on a comment, decided against posting and somehow posted a blank statement.

But I will say, no it is not alright. Sometimes it can be downright insensitive, and even cruel when asking a relative about a family member recently dead.

Many who think themselves saved, will find our Lord Jesus never knew them. So as for myself, I  think I had better tend my own plight, and not presume ability to divine the plight of others.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1 John 5:13 (AV)
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Why so blue? 

I was working on a comment, decided against posting and somehow posted a blank statement.

But I will say, no it is not alright. Sometimes it can be downright insensitive, and even cruel when asking a relative about a family member recently dead.

Many who think themselves saved, will find our Lord Jesus never knew them. So as for myself, I  think I had better tend my own plight, and not presume ability to divine the plight of others.

I'm not blue! :P That was the only face they had in the emotes column so as to pose a question as to why your reply was blank. Thank you for the explanation behind that though. :)  Oh, and I agree with your point too. 

Edited by Danger Noodle

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02

Interesting. This is John speaking to those whom he wrote this epistle to. But it could be from the "mouth" of the Holy Spirit to humanity about the Bible:

1 John 5:13 (AV)
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 11:27 AM, JTC said:

I'd rather tell you why I believe I'm saved from my life. I think everyone, especially new Christians wonder whether or not they're really saved. Sometimes it takes years to see the evidence of it. For some people it can take decades before it's as obvious as the nose on the face.

The problem is if I say what I want to tell you I'm going to be accused of boasting. I don't want that. So I'll just say this. I'm saved about 40 yrs. I'm very different now than I was then. And when I look at how virtually every other person of the world is, I think to myself, Why am I here. I no longer want the things everyone else wants. I can remember when I did and I'm glad I don't anymore. If this isn't what being saved means then I don't know what it means.                  People of the world probably consider me nuts, or maybe a jerk, a person who doesn't know what's important. To me the important things are obeying God. I don't put value on money. I only want as much as I need to survive, the world considers that stupid. I'll go out of my way to help someone, even a person who always hurts me. It just happened last Tuesday. A man I know called me because the alarm went off in his store and he wanted me to go see if it had been broken into. This was during a blizzard and I have trouble walking due to a spine problem. But I went out to look. The store was fine but I wound up falling bc the wing was blowing at 60 mph. By the grace of God I wasn't seriously hurt. And now yesterday this man stabbed me in the back again. He's done that more times than I remember in the last 5 yrs. I used to drive a Taxi cab. You're supposed to drop your passengers off as fast as possible and try and get a new passenger. That's how you make money, they don't pay you by the hour. If I happen to get a passenger with a problem who needed to talk I'd stay with the person as long as possible. I knew I was losing money but I was helping someone. Opps. I wasn't supposed to tell you anything. I only told you bc I think you needed to know. I also don't lie, cheat or steal.

Sanctification is what happens when we are saved. I believe it is a sign we really are saved. Like James wrote show me your faith without works and I will show you by my works. If we say we know God and turn our back on our brother then we proven we don't know God not that we are perfect. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

short note: remember Yochanan the immerser would not baptize the pharisees who showed no signs of repentance. 

He only (obeying YHWH'S INSTRUCTIONS ) immersed those who came and openly repented.

Also,  later after Y'SHUA'S ascension,  everyone who got 'saved' was quite obvious to everyone else,  and had not only open repentance, but also a complete change of life; 

this is often seen in assemblies in third world countries,  where salvation is literally life and death daily (they are subject to being executed any day),  and their lives are transformed completely after they are saved - not just totally different than before they were saved,  but also totally different than all their family , friends and neighbors and co-workers,  AS SEEN and AS OBSERVED BY ALL THOSE DAILY.    This is what is SEEN in SCRIPTURE,  and in Foxes Book of Martyrs,  and in the testimony of the saints in places where they cannot "pretend" or just join without repentance.   Without good examples ,  it is often a surprise to find out the total change that GOD ACCOMPLISHES DELIGHTEDLY, WILLINGLY, and necessarily, in HIS people when HE sets them apart.  i.e. people are not able to accomplish this , YHWH must,  as Y'SHUA told the disciples emphatically.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The truth about "I never knew you" is found in what it means for Adam to know his wife Eve.  If Christ has never come into to a person then he has never known them.  Jeff spoke above about the life changing evidence of those who Christ has come upon and therefore has known.

Paul spoke of those who sought evidence of Christ speaking in him.  Also how he was able to forgive things in the person of Christ.  

A Christians true hope is Christ in them and glorified in Him.