delade3

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I live in a highly noise populated place.. The cars are heard all day and all throughout the night.  The motorcycles which are revving down a 35-40  mph road are loud as they rev their motorcycle engines.  They are heard all throughout the night and day.  It is as if they go up and down the road many times a day and many times a night.  The cars and busses and the trash pick up trucks are always busy doing their work.  A trash bin behind the apartment where I live gets dumped twice in 2 hours on the same day.  I don't know how that happens but the trash bin is checked twice within 2 hours on the same garbage pick up morning.  The first check is at 5 A.M and the second is at 8 A.M.  Same dump, only 1, 2 checks.  There is also a Church on the side of my apartment.  Their windows into the 2nd story rented out space for their church has no curtains.  I see in and they see out and we can look each other straight in the eyes and see how many times we blink.  My neighbors downstairs are okay.. But I can hear when they clip their finger nails.   'clip clip clip'....  'clip clip clip'.... 'clip clip clip'.... and so on...  The Church's pastor comes in at any time of day.. He just finished singing to himself.  The cars sound like their echo follows through a tunnel, like a wind through a pipe... 'whooshhh'...    ' vrrooooomm'   .....   busses, motorcycles, mopeds that sound like the loudest week wacker on this side of earth...  sport harley's... up and down the street.. going down, coming back up... going down, coming back up....  The trash dump I mentioned earlier has it's plastic tops slam shut when they dump whatever they need to..   'Capunk'... 'Capunk'....  it can become startling when it happens unexpectably and when it happens coincidently as when I am not prepared but easing my mind away from being on guard to the damaging effects of being extremely startled by noise.   Being extremely startled by noise can be very dangerous to the heart and other body organs, not to mention the psyche and mind and emotions...  But here is the strange part... noone else seems to mind..  Noone else seems to notice how effected I am with this noise pollution.  They say that it is small noise... And so I am wondering if I shouldn't be hearing the neighbor's clipping their nails, if I shouldn't be hearing the motorcycles, if i shouldn't be noticing that the dump truck comes 2 times within 2 hours for the same 1 small trash bin.  I am wondering if i am blowing things out of proportion just because my senses might be heightened.  God forbid them having their ears checked for a cleaning....   

I can spit off my apartment and hit one of their Church cars in their parking lot. 

Edited by delade3

Have you heard this song by chance? 

*** Please do not link to YouTube in threads.  If there is a video you want people to review, create a thread in the Video Forum and embed the video there. ***

Edited by OneLight
Removed YouTube Link

And... I have it better than alot of others... 

I hate strange things....  without any human explanations.... and with noone giving any reasonable explanations to which one can work to get better with...   they claim all those doings are 'normal' but I've been here for over 1 and a half years, and these things were not happening when i first moved in... In fact, i think it was at least 2 to 3 weeks before the trash bin was noticed by me as being obtrusive.. All of a sudden one night, 'capum'.. 'capum'... so sudden I had to go out and see what the noise was because I had not heard it before..... and it never stopped since... I found out why the garbage was taken out of the downstairs doctors office every night at around 9 or so.. It was because that was when the janitors came to clean the doctor's office space.  they were not here last night nor the night before though.. Well at least they weren't making too much noise.  And they have not arrived tonight either.  They come as they please, i suppose...  1 van. 2 people.. about 1 hour or so worth of work... them taking several trips to the trash bin every time they arrive.  The doctors office is a small office with a few private rooms for patients.. But so much trash and so many trash bags... 'Capum'... 'Capum' 'Capum'... But I might be over sensitive. i might have hyper-sensitivity...  Many people who live near airports and such have hyper sensitivity until they get used to it.  But these noises are high in pitch compared to the low rolls of being near such airports and train tracks...  And so I was told that I need to have my ears blocked so I can stop complaining.. 

Edited by delade3

And once again, I have it better than many others... This if compared with other people's daily evils would be small and more bearable than what they have to daily go through with no ways of escape. 

So I should count my blessings, right?  Everybody can't be happy and provided for.. Some has to be on the tail end of things... well at least that's how it is in the world...   could you imagine if I was disabled and had to live among these daily things?? 

Edited by delade3

Do you think that the account of the Egyptian magicians and Moses and the rod were only hallucinations??  Did God make Moses to hallucinate while he was by the burning bush and was shown what he was to do with the staff which turned into a snake and also was his hand turning leprous also only a hallucination?  How about the river of blood and the frogs and such?  Since the magicians were able to also bring forth frogs, were they only hallucinations??  

And so I wonder... For all those people who are admitted into the E.R. for psychiatric help who scream out because they claim to see 'insects' climbing all over their bodies... Noone else is seeing them but could it be as 'real' as the snakes of the Egyptians? 

Edited by delade3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

You are not alone.

I am wearing headset at this moment as the morning noises crank up. I just heard a motorcycle, and an airliner muted  but annoying even now roars overhead somewhere.

I sat  on my front porch a few days ago, and wondered, what happened? This was jungle when I moved in, now it is multilane highways and starter line noise every few moments as the traffic lights do their thing alternating the acceleration / deceleration of hundreds of vehicles, an overpass that rumbles, and a 485 store mall.

We are looking for a quiet place to retreat to, searching  West Virginia to Florida, and finding precious little that is really quiet- I am considering a smallish 43 acre "farm" as a get away. But really 43 acres at my age?

Hard to find quiet and be near things too. The back side of the mountain is a far piece from the grocer, the dentist, the doctor, the fire department, and a long long way  from employment at any task that will sustain.

I look to white noise as an option, Bose headsets help at times, but hey  if I tune out noise I might hit something, moving along as I too traverse around creating my own sounds of life's conveniences.

And  I am torn between the fun sounds of life's company, family, friends, workplace companions, and the idea of being a near hermit.

You are not alone.

ps- Back in the day here I would be kept awake by the katydids  and the tree frogs followed by the morning mocking birds. I miss that kind of noise.

May our creator bring peace of mind to us that overcomes the noises of our own makings. May you find a coping method  and perhaps even better that quiet place, and may God grant me the same find- Amen.

-------------

As to hating strange things, perhaps, just perhaps  that is related to not being in control, and wanting to be.* If I make the noise, am controlling it it does not bother me a bit. Ha, maybe it is an innate desire to be in charge and knowing that I am not in charge of my environment to the degree I will demand that is the problem.

Like that little Yertle the Turtle of Dr Seuss' mind's creation, I want to be higher and higher and  control all that I can see. But I fall again and again as I seek dominance over "my " domain.

Perhaps if I turn it all over to my creator to sort I will do better.

Father help me to find inner peace for this physical body, calm my soul, please lift my spirit this day, may I see opportunity for worshipful service even in the chaos of noise, the cacophany of sounds that serve at this time to disrupt my peace. Please overcome my fear of what startles, what I do not control, and let me see it all as reminder that you are sovereign, and there is purpose good purpose in all that you put me through. May I see the sounds-rather than just hear them- and see service to you as a humble bond-servant before me, and rejoice in that grand opportunity yet again this day.

Ah sunrise, time to go.

*  just for fun- the mind of Dr. Seuss

*** Do Not Embed Videos Outside Of The Video Forum ***

Edited by OneLight
Deleted embedded video

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

10 hours ago, delade3 said:

Have you heard this song by chance? 

You asked so many questions I don't which 1 to try and answer. Since this song touched me I'll go with this. In 1 comment someone said he'd rather listen to pop than this bc it's depressing. He's lucky he wasn't young in the 1960's & 70's bc this song is typical of the music back then. We had pop too, but most music spoke of the riddles in life, the inconsistencies, and many things that weren't fair.

Do you know what the main question all philosophers are asking is? They've been asking this since ancient Greece. Here it is. "Why is the human condition one of misery?" That song is asking it to and so are you. I hate to tell you I wasn't very interested in philosophy in collage so I didn't catch onto it all. I remember the answer has 2 branches. 1, if you believe in God. 2. If you don't think God is real. Back then I didn't believe in God yet so the fact that the prof was going to talk about God turned me off. Here at WCF we're all supposed to believe in God so the answer lays in category 1. Since we're Christian we believe the human condition is misery because this is a fallen world. We went against God and we brought misery upon ourselves. I've been observing us some 50 yrs and I believe the more we disobey God the worse things will get. Here's my pet peeve. When I grew up casual sex was not accepted yet. But we wanted it to be. As my generation grew up we made it acceptable. Part of that was to make abortion legal bc casual sex leads to unwanted pregnancies. We now know abortion is bad and for many reasons. Even women who are sluts suffer guilt from getting an abortion. I've known 3 woman who had an abortion very young, 14 or 15. 3 of them were never able to get pregnant again. This added to the guilt they suffer. Casual sex makes marriage less necessary. Today we have an epidemic of kids growing up with 1 parent who has to work so much the TV or a stranger is raising the kids. My generation made a huge mistake, casual sex has helped make the human condition more miserable.

I can write a book on this. I wrote enough for now.

Edited by OneLight
Removed link to YouTube

Guest BacKaran

Living in the city, I used to hear the traffic from four blocks away, I could hear the crickets and sirens on and off during the night.

I live in the country... Used to be country thirty years ago and now every moment of every day I hear the highway traffic humm loudly from east and West as I sit in my backyard trying to hear the birds calling.

I have tinnitus, ringing in the ears so I'm never without loud noises... In fact, when it's quiet, the noise gets louder in my head! 

But I'm greatful to hear as I'm losing my hearing.

When did I not notice the sound my shirt makes when rubbing my shoulder? Or when did I lose the ability to hear water running outside or inside? Once I was cleaning the basement shower and left the water running for a week! No wonder I didn't have much hot water and yes, my water bill was high that month!

I turn on the world each morning when I get my hearing aids on, they always make me smile because I know what I've lost.

Sometimes I use earplugs as the airport traffic is busy over my block... It's not supposed to be but it is...I can tell what kind of planes are coming in, a fighter jet caught my attention before I saw it since the noise was so different! 

Then I think, I can still hear the crickets but they fade away when my hearing aids come out. . life goes on and we get older, I'm discovering new things each day about getting older!

Good made a wonderful creation, the human body, and I thank Him for it!

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

You are not alone.

I am wearing headset at this moment as the morning noises crank up. I just heard a motorcycle, and an airliner muted  but annoying even now roars overhead somewhere.

I sat  on my front porch a few days ago, and wondered, what happened? This was jungle when I moved in, now it is multilane highways and starter line noise every few moments as the traffic lights do their thing alternating the acceleration / deceleration of hundreds of vehicles, an overpass that rumbles, and a 485 store mall.

We are looking for a quiet place to retreat to, searching  West Virginia to Florida, and finding precious little that is really quiet- I am considering a smallish 43 acre "farm" as a get away. But really 43 acres at my age?

Hard to find quiet and be near things too. The back side of the mountain is a far piece from the grocer, the dentist, the doctor, the fire department, and a long long way  from employment at any task that will sustain.

I look to white noise as an option, Bose headsets help at times, but hey  if I tune out noise I might hit something, moving along as I too traverse around creating my own sounds of life's conveniences.

And  I am torn between the fun sounds of life's company, family, friends, workplace companions, and the idea of being a near hermit.

You are not alone.

ps- Back in the day here I would be kept awake by the katydids  and the tree frogs followed by the morning mocking birds. I miss that kind of noise.

May our creator bring peace of mind to us that overcomes the noises of our own makings. May you find a coping method  and perhaps even better that quiet place, and may God grant me the same find- Amen.

-------------

As to hating strange things, perhaps, just perhaps  that is related to not being in control, and wanting to be.* If I make the noise, am controlling it it does not bother me a bit. Ha, maybe it is an innate desire to be in charge and knowing that I am not in charge of my environment to the degree I will demand that is the problem.

Like that little Yertle the Turtle of Dr Seuss' mind's creation, I want to be higher and higher and  control all that I can see. But I fall again and again as I seek dominance over "my " domain.

Perhaps if I turn it all over to my creator to sort I will do better.

Father help me to find inner peace for this physical body, calm my soul, please lift my spirit this day, may I see opportunity for worshipful service even in the chaos of noise, the cacophany of sounds that serve at this time to disrupt my peace. Please overcome my fear of what startles, what I do not control, and let me see it all as reminder that you are sovereign, and there is purpose good purpose in all that you put me through. May I see the sounds-rather than just hear them- and see service to you as a humble bond-servant before me, and rejoice in that grand opportunity yet again this day.

Ah sunrise, time to go.

*  just for fun- the mind of Dr. Seuss

It used to be jungle but now it's multi-laned??  Where did the US get all that monies for development in so few years??  And seeing now that the U.S. is over 19 Trillion dollars in debt, who provides for the new developments and how is outsourcing for residents NOT an issue?  Where did all the katydids  and the tree frogs followed by the morning mocking birds go?