• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, angels4u said:

Why don't we just stick by what the Bible tells us about Judah and  Tamar?

angels4u

It's in your power to stop this thread, which I'm sure will be done sooner or later just like the many the other threads relating to these books, but I hope I am wrong.

But let me first ask; why are we taught what to accept and what not to accept as if the command came from God?  God did not command us not to read these books, man did.  Surely it's up to the individual to decide if it's truth or not?  We can accept or we can reject, the choice is ours.  When there's questions hanging in the air, ...and you finally get your answers after many years, I see it as a little treasure worth keeping, if not, at least considering.

I always wondered why on earth did Judah, Jacob's son who was taught the ways of God, do such an act as to sleep with a prostitute?  When I read this story as a young girl, I thought it must be ok for a holy man to go to a prostitute if he felt the need, ....because Judah did.  But in the back of my mind I thought it was wrong,.......confusion?.  Now I know for sure it's wrong.  Judah knew it was wrong.  He only did it because he was "drunk" and he confessed it on his deathbed warning his children about the dangers of wine, ...how it can lead into lust and hot desire etc   Now it all makes sense why he did it, and that I can relate to.  Judah died full of wisdom through his mistakes, but he was healed and repaired. 

Judah is the elder of his tribe, and he is chosen. He was given knowledge that Christ would come out of his lineage, and knowledge about his children in the end times how they would fall away from God.

I read the holy bible for many years without even checking how it got into our hands.  I read the words in there and that was enough for me to believe.  I didn't care about how it got to us. I have faith and believe every single word in there.  Those words changed my life, not the history of how it came about, because all that means nothing to me.  Some of these books are the same.  I didn't check the history, but read the content to see if I could relate it to the holy scriptures, and it did, every single story, filling in the gaps and I was hoping to share more stories so any one interested could decide for themselves, not to turn one away from the Canon, but to give even more strength to it, especially the doubters who use OT stories to discredit the bible.

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.Revelation 22:18

That is speaking about the book of Revelation.  John was the last prophet.  No one after him can come and claim he is a prophet and add anything more to it.  Revelation wraps all the prophesies up and clarifies even Daniel.

But there are two more prophets to come, Elijah and Moses.  They will not be adding anything to what's already written, but confirming as as "witnesses".

All the other prophesies are given in part.  Revelation is clear and final.  Judah is not adding anything to Revelations, or to what any other prophet in the OT spoke, but confirming, and a witness to the truth to them back then that all will go as God plans it.

Edited by Sister