IGNORED

Undoing Obama's 'Energy Regulations

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Tea Ess said:

Extinct species would beg to differ. The rising global temperature would too. 

Global warming is a myth.  

We were promised in 2oo1 that in ten years the US would be underwater and the polar bears would be extinct and half of the world would be on fire and it's 16 years later and the polar bears have increased in numbers and the ice cap is bigger than it was in 2001.  

So really, the environmental nonsense about Global Warming is really just a dud.

The earth was cooling just 40 years ago.  The earth cools and warms in cycles  in order to regulate its internal temperature.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 minute ago, Tea Ess said:

Waitwaitwaitwait. What? Coal is not clean energy by any meaning I'm aware of. Or if you insist on misdefining it as such, then I would counter that there are even cleaner forms of energy available to us. 

Have you ever been in a coal powered power plant? Or a coal mine? I have and I can assure it the way the US does it, it's extremely clean. There are "cleaner" methods but not by much, and for cost there's none.

Sure other countries arnt clean...but US coal and plants are extremely clean burning. Pretty much the only thing that escapes into the atmosphere is steam. 99.98% steam. 

So literally, no waste. And it kills far fewer birds then wind farms, to boot. (Nevermind the fact they use coal to build the wind farms)

As far as global temps if you look back at the textbooks from the 60s and 70s they said we were going into an ice age...then in the 90s and early 2000s it was global warming. Now it's "climate" change.

Well fact is the globes been warming and cooling since it was made on its own accord...and realistically, the average global temperature hasn't changed in over a century. There is little, if any, evidence to prove that were having any effect in the earth.

So please go take a tour of a coal powered power plant...you'd be surprised at just how clean they really are.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Global warming is a myth.  

We were promised in 2oo1 that in ten years the US would be underwater and the polar bears would be extinct and half of the world would be on fire and it's 16 years later and the polar bears have increased in numbers and the ice cap is bigger than it was in 2001.  

So really, the environmental nonsense about Global Warming is really just a dud.

The earth was cooling just 40 years ago.  The earth cools and warms in cycles  in order to regulate its internal temperature.  

No it's not. Again, don't judge something based on the words of an extreme few. We are witnessing gradual but increasing average temperatures for the globe. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Tea Ess said:

No it's not. Again, don't judge something based on the words of an extreme few. We are witnessing gradual but increasing average temperatures for the globe. 

I wasn't citing the extreme few.  That was the prevailing arguments and warnings made by the mainstream Global Warming movement.

They had to change the name to "Climate Change" because "Global Warming"  could not be proven and was pretty much dead.   But "Climate Change"  is like saying, "the grass is green."  Of course the climate changes.  It always changes.    It's just one big myth and really just needs to go away.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

8 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Have you ever been in a coal powered power plant? Or a coal mine? I have and I can assure it the way the US does it, it's extremely clean. There are "cleaner" methods but not by much, and for cost there's none.

Sure other countries arnt clean...but US coal and plants are extremely clean burning. Pretty much the only thing that escapes into the atmosphere is steam. 99.98% steam. 

So literally, no waste. And it kills far fewer birds then wind farms, to boot. (Nevermind the fact they use coal to build the wind farms)

As far as global temps if you look back at the textbooks from the 60s and 70s they said we were going into an ice age...then in the 90s and early 2000s it was global warming. Now it's "climate" change.

Well fact is the globes been warming and cooling since it was made on its own accord...and realistically, the average global temperature hasn't changed in over a century. There is little, if any, evidence to prove that were having any effect in the earth.

So please go take a tour of a coal powered power plant...you'd be surprised at just how clean they really are.

A tour of a power plant would be interesting, but it's ultimately just anecdotal evidence. Any reliable study of coal is going to show it's a dirtier and more dangerous form of energy than renewable energy, which is getting more cost effective by the day. Even nuclear energy is cleaner than coal. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

and the coal mines? Yeah when they're done you can't even tell they were there, that's how well they clean up after themselves.

I know that first hand. My husbands family has pastureland that they bought from peabody coal. It had been stripmined and restored. It is lovely rolling hills, trees etc. Its so nice that my father in law was buried on the property too. You cant even tell it was stripmined unless someone tells you. 

44 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

What is the ideal temperature of the earth? What caused the temps to be so high in the Medieval times that vikings were able to farm in greenland, which is now covered by snow and ice? What caused temps to rise so high that the uk once had vinyards? Were those years the normal temps? Or was the mini ice age of the 1900s that we are coming out of the normal temps? Climate change folks have yet to tell me what is the normal temperatures we are supposed to have. Nor have they told me what caused temps to be warmer in the past. 

45 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

Even nuclear energy is cleaner than coal. 

Tell that to folks who lived in chernobyl area or around fukushima.

Alternative energy has its drawbacks, besides the higher costs.

Solar energy is impeding plane travel. Pilots are frequently reporting that they are blinded by solar panels, especially those of solar farms. One solar farm in arizona keeps setting itself on fire. One drawback they do not tell you is that solar panels increase the temperatures by a couple of degrees locally. 

Wind turbines have been shown to alter major air currents, which can cause a change in climate. They also kill thousands of birds. They are also known to self combust due to friction. 

Tidal hydroelectric plants affect the local environment, which is a big problem for sensitive tidal zones. 

Nuclear energy ... fukushima, chernobyl, 3 mile island etc. Plus mining of uranium is quite ugly. Currently uranium mines have ore piles and tailings that are near public areas and not covered up, so that folks are exposed to them. One abandoned mine with exposed piles of ore I know of its only 200 feet from a state highway. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

3 hours ago, ruck1b said:

How do I know what?  That the concepts are too difficult to grasp? Hmmm.....

Snotty remarks don't  an argument make.