IGNORED

Spring is here! Be sky aware... It's a lovely day in Minnesota...

Guest BacKaran

Guest BacKaran

Spring is here and Minnesota will have sunny weather all week. I know others in both coasta and Australia are dealing with storms so let's pray for them as it passes.

If you have a garden, let's start a garden page to see how it grows this year!

I'm going to plant yellow beans, Cherry Roma tomatoes, an onion, regular tomatoes and try my hand at spinach again.

Then I want to plant giant sunflowers along my fence so I can enjoy the birds and squirrels and I'm hoping there's enough left to make item sunflower seeds to eat!

Who's with me? ?????????????????

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Spring also brings tornadoes...... enjoy your sunshine

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Yes enjoy your gardens! As  for me I'll just have to settle for being your customer. I'll stop and shop at the truck farmers's stands. It is just too hot here to grow most food crops. 'Cept tomatoes and corn and watermelon.

We are already in the steady 80's and going up pretty fast. Whew-ee going to be  a hot one this year. Temps on building walls and roof tops are already oppressive. Every year I say never again and every year God plans otherwise for me. And I stand my post,  39 years I've "wandered" here. Why it is almost Biblical :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Sounds great BK!!

Guest BacKaran

Howdy Neighbor,

I've been to Florida once, in August... Found out why everything is on sale for your Disney world trip and air fare..... Uff dah! The humidity is a killer!

Doesn't Florida grow citrus fruits too? I never thought of corn being green in Florida! Lol!

I'm also going to plant 36 little ground cover flowers I bought from QVC or HSN.  Jaaaa, being stuck in the house for 12 weeks post surgery, I think I did very well on buying wisely and on sale. ?It can be dangerous buying off the TV!!! ?

Ok, let's get ready to grow with God!

Amen!

20 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Howdy Neighbor,

I've been to Florida once, in August... Found out why everything is on sale for your Disney world trip and air fare..... Uff dah! The humidity is a killer!

Doesn't Florida grow citrus fruits too? I never thought of corn being green in Florida! Lol!

I'm also going to plant 36 little ground cover flowers I bought from QVC or HSN.  Jaaaa, being stuck in the house for 12 weeks post surgery, I think I did very well on buying wisely and on sale. ?It can be dangerous buying off the TV!!! ?

Ok, let's get ready to grow with God!

Amen!

12 weeks- sorry . That must be trying. May you heal up well and rapidly is my prayer.

Actually Florida's number one crop  is still "cows". And of course citrus is still a huge part of the State's economy, but much of the citrus has been devastated by disease pests and competition. Many of our roads date back to the days of cattle drives to the seaports. Florida Crackers were the drivers of the cattle.

My new bride  is busy trying to plant flowers from sLowes, But it does just get too hot too wet  for much that is not native to flourish for very long. We pretend Crotons are beautiful color- Not! Ugly plant they are says me.

What we do have are lots of rivers with jungle overgrowth that makes for grand kayaking between the gators. And we have fine sea shorelines that  are home to stingrays and black tip sharks that bang into the paddles as we make our runs between portages over thistle covered sands.  Nothing like being on a sit on top kayak and seeing that long roiling tube of thousands of mating stingrays rolling along the shoreline edge piling themselves up two feet above the sea. It is just a moving mass of tails and stinger barbs, an absolutely amazing and yes rather distressing sight  from that vantage point. Now the occasional water moccasin they are a challenge, but hey the place is pretty nice overall! Most declare "Salt Life" on their  trucks. I have loved it  since 1978. SO  I am an immigrant like most here are. God placed me here to bring about my repentance and introduce me to Him and salvation in Jesus. So it has special place in my heart. I look around I talk of leaving  but after visiting other places I feel homesick and return to the joy that God has provided for  me here. It is my post.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Good morning world.....   did a sleep study last night.  Put me on a CPac  about midnigt.  Hours of really deep rem sleep later I feel great.  Full color dreams very interesting..

Technician says dreams are the minds way of amusing itself while repairing worn or broken things in the body.  The way I feel this morning I really can't disagree with him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

You're lucky Karan, ever since the calendar turned to Spring it feels like winter started. All the calendar winter we never had 5 cold days in a row. If it snowed it was gone in 2 or 3 days. Where I live we only got a few inches of snow last week but a little is still around. That means it barely went above 40. The worrisome thing is this happened last year too. Next month my building will shut the heat off and it's still going to be cold. I'm going to have to call the LL once a day just to get hot water in the radiators once. And then when the summer gets here I feel like I'm melting. But things can be worse. I ought to not complain. I just feel like posting.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

I live in a warm climate where there's like three days of winter, and the rest is spring/summer. lol Enjoy your change of seasons, I miss them. :(

Hi Gary Lee,

My Texas Peach my bride appreciates your tale of family as she grew up at the Rio Grande Valley. I snatched her away from Lockhart, after visiting the Alamo, talking together along the River Walk, and pledging to cry too  when we visit the Alamo again.

It is already pushing 85 to 87 degrees here and the nights are not cooling down all that much already. So I too am joining in the dream of a gentleman's farm somewhere north of the heat and higher in the mountains, but do not yet have confidence that is God's will for this old servant. Maybe I am destined to just slide into the sea one day never having left this place.

Seeking God's will for us on this matter even now.

Thanks for sharing of your Texas.

Edited by Neighbor