• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Oh for the simpler times of old with  cones of silence and my shoe phone.

Now my phone pings, my Ipad pings, my laptop pings, my car pings,  why on occasion even I ping.

Met  a man  this past week that has no credit, no bad credit no good credit. No history to track  at all. He is in his late 70's and still is carrying his mother's fine  leather checkbook style cover as his sole record keeping system. He keeps his folding money in it. He has never paid for anything by any means other than US currency. He has no cell phone, no car that pings either.

He can quote the scriptures, and he lives a simple life on about a $12,000 income per year. And he doesn't much worry about people getting his "information" nor him.

I kinda admire him, now that we have met. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Neighbor said:

Met  a man  this past week that has no credit, no bad credit no good credit. No history to track  at all. He is in his late 70's and still is carrying his mothers fine  leather checkbook style cover as his sole record keeping system. He keeps his folding money in it. He has never paid for anything by any means other than us  currency. He has no cell phone, no car that pings either.

He can quote the scriptures, and he lives a simple life on about a $12,000 income per year. And he doesn't much worry about people getting his "information" nor him.

I kinda admire him, now that we have met. 

Wow!!:b:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It's a wonder he even uses the currency system at all and not bartering instead.

There are people who are living with expectancy of future unknowns, who are  living off the grid and uses the bartering system to some extent.   Watched some videos of some of these people and it has some sense of living that some people envy. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

It's a wonder he even uses the currency system at all and not bartering instead.

Well I didn't go into that,  but yes  he barters, he fishes mullet and tends crab nets, right from his home on the water's edge that he built himself many decades ago.  And he seems a kind man of faith in Jesus that I know has had his share of hard knocks and withstood them.