zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Reincarnation.Is it in the bible?And does it happen?

Guest shiloh357
59 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

No, not at all.  You get one go around in this life and then you die and face either Heaven or Hell.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, zorgblar said:

The entire substance of the Bible is not only opposed to reincarnation, but diametrically opposed - in other words, they cannot get more opposite than they are.

Reincarnation is a false belief.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

If reincarnation were true I wonder how badly someone would have to goof up in this life in order to come back as a chigger? Probably pretty badly I'm guessing. :blink:

:laugh:

What Does The Bible Say About Reincarnation

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I've driven since 1977. Each time I get back into a vehicle it's a re-in car nation!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Anyone that ever came back from the dead in scripture came back as themselves.

Jesus may not have been recognized... at first... by some... because it was so unexpected and his appearance was marred.

But it was him. "Behold ME. See MY HANDS and MY FEET... " 

John 2:18–21 (AV)
18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

incarnate 

Sure there is incarnation or re-incarnation, but not in the sense of  humans coming back  again and again in the same form or in different forms of life. Our Lord came as Jesus incarnate and He will return again. Angels and demons too take on forms that vary. We will take on a new spiritual body as  we arise again. e will either return with Christ or arise to meet Him in the air.

So incarnate or re-incarnat-ion?  Yes I'd have to concede to a yes answer if forced, though  the meaning or use of the word will be very different from anyone that is  expecting to be a life force that will return  based upon their personal merit in their present life in the flesh. Flesh dies once, -with rare exception.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

incarnate 

Sure there is incarnation or re-incarnation, but not in the sense of  humans coming back  again and again in the same form or in different forms of life. Our Lord came as Jesus incarnate and He will return again. Angels and demons too take on forms that vary. We will take on a new spiritual body as  we arise again. e will either return with Christ or arise to meet Him in the air.

So incarnate or re-incarnat-ion?  Yes I'd have to concede to a yes answer if forced, though  the meaning or use of the word will be very different from anyone that is  expecting to be a life force that will return  based upon their personal merit in their present life in the flesh. Flesh dies once, -with rare exception.

There is only ONE meaning to reincarnation and the return of Jesus is nothing like reincarnation. Reincarnation is rebirth after one dies into another human or into another physical life form.  

There is no need to try to force reincarnation to mean something it doesn't. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

There is only ONE meaning to reincarnation and the return of Jesus is nothing like reincarnation. Reincarnation is rebirth after one dies into another human or into another physical life form.  

There is no need to try to force reincarnation to mean something it doesn't. 

I have high hope ( hope made certain in Christ Jesus) for my soul to occupy a new body,  not one of flesh, for flesh is corrupted and will die,  but  instead a new spirit one. I can understand the deceiver satan and the little anti-christs already among us, selling the idea of us being likened to Lotus blossom seeds floating down river and bursting into life anew. That  being  a simile for our own rebirths. For them to carry it a step further and  go onto a higher or lower life form all based upon one's personal merit-  therein is the rub, for we have no personal merit.

The glory of eternal life is not ours, but instead is from Christ Jesus alone. For He alone is the way, the truth, and the life, by which some will be  saved out from eternal destruction under the curse  of God the Father  upon Adam and because of Adam upon all of creation.   

“How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?”  You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.  And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain.  But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body.  For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another.  There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.

So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable.  It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.  It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body."