IGNORED

Vimeo Bans Gospel Transformation

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Did Jesus change your life and set you free from homosexual practice? If so, your testimony is not welcome on Vimeo. Not now. Not ever. And if you see homosexuality as another aspect of sexual brokenness, something Jesus died for and something you can be healed from, your opinion is not welcome on Vimeo. Case closed. Door shut. End of subject.

In the words of Dr. David Kyle Foster, director of Pure Passion TV and himself a former homosexual, “This is pure religious bigotry and censorship.”

Read more at:

https://stream.org/vimeo-declares-war-on-gospel-transformation/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

Here's the thing...I agree with everything Dr Foster says...but doesn't Vimeo have the right to decide what videos will and will not be allowed on their site? Here at Worthy we wouldn't allow someone to post a video saying it's ok to be homosexual and we can help you accept who you are.

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, Logan said:

Here's the thing...I agree with everything Dr Foster says...but doesn't Vimeo have the right to decide what videos will and will not be allowed on their site? Here at Worthy we wouldn't allow someone to post a video saying it's ok to be homosexual and we can help you accept who you are.

It's not a question of their right to do so, or not.   It's simply a shame that they have decided to censor Christians who have gotten saved out of homosexuality.    And I think there is difference between Worthy and Vimeo, as Vimeo is a secular site that should be open to all points of view, not just the ones that agree with the what the owners or admins of the sites agree with.  

Worthy is a Christian site and as such there is a reasonable expectation that we will not allow anti-Christian material, or any material that attempts to discredit the Bible, or that promotes lifestyles that go against biblical teachings.

I agree that it's a shame they have taken this stand. I disagree though that because they are a secular site they should have to accept content they don't agree with.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Logan said:

I agree that it's a shame they have taken this stand. I disagree though that because they are a secular site they should have to accept content they don't agree with.

Did someone say they have to?  I don't think that is the article's point.   

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

And I think there is difference between Worthy and Vimeo, as Vimeo is a secular site that should be open to all points of view, not just the ones that agree with the what the owners or admins of the sites agree with.  .

Umm you said it.

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Logan said:

Umm you said it.

No, I said that they should be open to all points of view, not just the ones they agree with.   I didn't say they HAVE to publish points of view they disagree with.   I was simply referring to the ideal situation.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

And people who are Christian don't have to patronize Vimeo for their business decision either.  Vimeo's decision was a corporate one that lasts for as long as the company lasts. The decision to ignore the need for repentance by people who are damning their unrepentant souls due to their immoral behavior, and refusing video's that show that doesn't have to be the way it is, lasts for eternity.

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

What if it was not for homosexuality?  what if it was for being a thief or a murderer?  but then got saved... will they not allow that or is it just if God set you free from being homosexual?  

Actually their issue with the videos wasn't that they are about God.  Their issue with the videos is that they don't consider homosexuality to be wrong and don't want videos posted on their site that's says it is. 

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, Cletus said:

What if it was not for homosexuality?  what if it was for being a thief or a murderer?  but then got saved... will they not allow that or is it just if God set you free from being homosexual?  

All that is needed to answer that question is for people who were murderers and then got saved, to post  videos about their conversion and see what happens.