too picky

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Often when you are single, you get people suggesting people to you (often with no justification except that she is another Chistian and single) and if u dont show interest you get accused of being too picky. So what does that mean? To reinforce, heres an actual situation I found myself in. Tell me if I was  justifiably annoyed.

Setting: Christmas party

( I walk in and see  a guy i know sitting talking to a lady)
?? ??-Hi Creative Have you met my friend. Suzy?
??-Hi (walks away to talk to someone else at the party ?? Not rudely but just not having any interest in talking to the lady)
LATER (after Suzy leaves)
??‍♂-You believe I was trying to introduce Creative to Suzy and the man walked off.
??-I didn’t want to talk to her.
??-But… she’s really nice….
??-I didn’t want to talk to her
??‍♀-You didn’t even give her a chance.
??-I didn’t want to talk to her.
??-But........ She serious about God.
??- I did not want to talk to her
??So! It's not automatic. You think  I was interested in my husband when we first met?
??-I  .did not… want to talk to her

Guest BacKaran

Well, they are thinking of you at least, right? After my hubby died my a male friend said so, how you gonna date if you're still wearing your wedding ring? I said, who says I want to date?

We had a male friend  lose his wife and he began dating after three months and married the gal the next year.  I guess everyone thought I was going to date too.

Don't worry about them.

One of my elders is 40+ and still single. He's been close to being engaged a time or two but he's not worried about it.

If she comes along, you will know ?

Edited by BacKaran