• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, ruck1b said:

To live in naivety seems to be the ideal of American culture.  One day we will realize we have been just as much of the problem that we accuse others of being.

That's a sweeping statement that only comes from a self appointed thought. The ideal of American culture is to have faith in information given us and in the responsibility, coupled with  integrity, of leadership. Naivety exists because we lack both clear information and selfless leadership.

Most people I know realize the mess this country has made but also realize the benefits of a society that has given the common man a life that is hard to find matched in history. There are slaves in Africa, this day, that a good night for them is not to be raped in a hole in the ground where they will work until dead.

Lets talk about that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, ruck1b said:

To live in naivety seems to be the ideal of American culture.  One day we will realize we have been just as much of the problem that we accuse others of being.

I disagree.  We are not perfect but we're pretty compassionate as a country.  We could have OWNED Japan and most of Europe but, instead, we helped rebuild them.  The U.S. doesn't colonize those defeated in battle and we don't deliberately kill civilians either. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

The U.S. doesn't colonize those defeated in battle and we don't deliberately kill civilians either. 

There are definitely instances of the US deliberately killing civilians. We also took land from Native Americans, like the Hawaiians. There are also all those times we toppled the elected goverments of other countries, such as in Central America. 

Is the US arguably a more compassionate nation than Imperial Japan, for example? I would say yes, but that shouldn't be used to dismiss the evil acts our county has committed. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, Tea Ess said:

There are definitely instances of the US deliberately killing civilians. We also took land from Native Americans, like the Hawaiians. There are also all those times we toppled the elected goverments of other countries, such as in Central America. 

Is the US arguably a more compassionate nation than Imperial Japan, for example? I would say yes, but that shouldn't be used to dismiss the evil acts our county has committed. 

MY country has not committed very many evil acts, that is a liberal set of talking points built on white guilt and the apology complex along with the need to appease the enemies of the U.S.  That stack of talking points contains enough fertilizer to cover the King Ranch.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would say that certain global factions have done dastardly things using our government. But very few of our people went along with it, and most didn't know about it.

Guest shiloh357
17 hours ago, Tea Ess said:

The problem is that you have to go back that far to find any injustice the US has committed.   I cannot defend everything that any US government has ever done to any one.  No one is denying that past US Governments in the past have done deplorable things and committed grave injustices.   Those facts of history.   But those facts should not be used to demonize people today who are NOT doing those kinds of things.

The US government, the one in existence today, has no policy of deliberately targeting civilians and no policy of indiscriminate attacks on foreign lands. 

There is no possible way to fight a sanitary war.  Civilians always die in war and always will.  Unless we find a way to fight our wars on Mars, that is how it will be for the foreseeable future.

And it is also worth noting that in other countries, "civilian"  doesn't necessarily mean, non-combatant.   We DO target civilians who decide to take up arms against us as enemy combatants.

Who is dismissing anything?   The United States is an extremely generous and compassionate nation, even to countries that would like to see our demise.     We give out countless billions in foreign aid to nations that would crumble to dust were it not for what they get from us.

We do a lot for the world and many are not grateful.  They demonize us, but they still have their hand out for our $$$. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, Zemke said:

That's a sweeping statement that only comes from a self appointed thought. The ideal of American culture is to have faith in information given us and in the responsibility, coupled with  integrity, of leadership. Naivety exists because we lack both clear information and selfless leadership.

Most people I know realize the mess this country has made but also realize the benefits of a society that has given the common man a life that is hard to find matched in history. There are slaves in Africa, this day, that a good night for them is not to be raped in a hole in the ground where they will work until dead.

Lets talk about that.

Its a pretty accurate statement.  Americans live in naivety, and don't understand how much of a problem we are on global scale.  How many places have you been to overseas.  How many different cultures have you had the pleasure of speaking with.  Thanks to my time in the military I have had the pleasure of speaking with many different cultures and even amongst our allies its quite frankly the same type of thinking when it comes to Americans.  Arrogant, overly involved, and did I say arrogant.  So please believe it is much more than a self appointed thought.  

As to the rest of what you said, it actually has no bearing on what I stated. If you want to talk about the issues that are taking place in Africa.  Issues that are as much to do with America and other western countries problematic nature please make a thread so we can discuss them. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 3/30/2017 at 10:19 AM, shiloh357 said:

We do a lot for the world and many are not grateful.  They demonize us, but they still have their hand out for our $$$. 

Well,   actually I'm not at all sure we "helped" them....   oh,, yes,  a few with pure hearts did,,    but most of the power and money involved,   were used to make other people even more oppressed,  more under the coming and already in place on world powers that be ..... 

And long ago,,,  before "helping" them,   instead they were 'hurt' by the powers that be ,   made subjects,   made without resources (like their own food and water taken from them,  and then "oh so graciously"  a little given back to them! ) .... and so on.. and so on .... and so on.....  until the end....