IGNORED

Domestic Terrorist

ruck1b

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Tea Ess said:

This particular case definitely seems to fit the definition: 

1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Then take it up with the guilty party instead of putting it on the rest of us, as if we are collectively responsible. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Then take it up with the guilty party instead of putting it on the rest of us, as if we are collectively responsible. 

Hmmmmm, but do you apply the same standard to Muslims? 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Yes.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Did I say you were? I think there's two main things to take away from this: 

1) The most obvious is that this was a tragic attack that took the life of an American, and it should be treated accordingly. 

2) On a broader scale, terrorism isn't just a "evil brown people from the Middle East" thing. Anyone is capable of being a terrorist, and white supremacy is still alive and well in the US. This should be a reminder that no collective group (white Americans, Muslims, LGBT people, Republicans, etc) should be judged by the actions of an extreme few. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Tea Ess said:

2) On a broader scale, terrorism isn't just a "evil brown people from the Middle East" thing. Anyone is capable of being a terrorist, and white supremacy is still alive and well in the US. This should be a reminder that no collective group (white Americans, Muslims, LGBT people, Republicans, etc) should be judged by the actions of an extreme few. 

Really?  'Cause one Trump supporter, early in the campaign, punched one Clinton supporter and suddenly every time the rioters picked a fight at Trump rallies, Trump and his  supporters were collectively blamed for the violence.   And Trump supporters were labeled as White Supremacists and fascists, and Nazis  for supporting Trump.

And every gun owner is regularly demonized by the Left when one person goes and commits a gun crime.

So for all of the self-righteous lectures that liberals give us about not judging entire groups, they do it all of the time.   So frankly, that stuff rings pretty hollow with me.

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Really?  'Cause one Trump supporter, early in the campaign, punched one Clinton supporter and suddenly every time the rioters picked a fight at Trump rallies, Trump and his  supporters were collectively blamed for the violence.   And Trump supporters were labeled as White Supremacists and fascists, and Nazis  for supporting Trump.

And every gun owner is regularly demonized by the Left when one person goes and commits a gun crime.

So for all of the self-righteous lectures that liberals give us about not judging entire groups, they do it all of the time.   So frankly, that stuff rings pretty hollow with me.

Well, I have never characterized all Trump supporters or gun owners as those things, and I've never met someone who has done so either. I'm sure there are some liberals (and maybe even entire news sources) out there who think so, but they're wrong. It's almost as if... we shouldn't judge all liberals based on the words of a few. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

No one in my family, nor I, ever did anything like you seem to think Americans of European descent are guilty of.  Maybe you should explain your line of thinking.

Hello if I may. (and by the way I am Irish too)  I think the point ruck1b is trying to make is that there have been many acts of terrorism committed  in this country by home grown Americans. But we seem to have all this fear of Muslims and make it seem like they are the only ones committing acts of terrorism, and by keeping them out we will be safe. I think that is the point. 

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Hello if I may. (and by the way I am Irish too)  I think the point ruck1b is trying to make is that there have been many acts of terrorism committed  in this country by home grown Americans. But we seem to have all this fear of Muslims and make it seem like they are the only ones committing acts of terrorism, and by keeping them out we will be safe. I think that is the point. 

I think you hit the nail on the head here. 

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

I think you hit the nail on the head here. 

Can you or anyone else name off homegrown American, non-Muslim terrorists?  And I mean terrorists, not white supremacists or neo-Nazi groups.  I mean actual terrorists and terrorist organizations?