• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone, 

Will God hate me if I kill myself? I have been strong for a few years now and I can't do it anymore, I've lost hope.

On the internet I always read stories about how God saved people from commiting suicide but not me. I do believe in Jesus but he doesn't reply to me, I've asked Him (several times) while crying to show me how to continue my life but still no answer. I feel like such an idiot for saying that but it is the truth. 

So yeah what will happen if I kill myself? Would God still love me? Would I go to Him or burn forever? 

(Sorry if I posted this somewhere it doesn't belong I'm new on this site + sorry for my bad English there is no good Christian site in my own language) 

Edited by Chrislovesfish2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

When we give power to others or our circumstances, we become slaves to them.  They become a ruling factor in how we feel, how we live, what we do, what we believe in ...  Don't give anything or anyone such power as they will always let you down.  Only God can give you the hope to live from one day, one hour, one minute to the next.  Give Him time.  He will answer.

I have in my signature Proverbs 3:5-6 for that one reason.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I do not know what would happen if you kill yourself. One of God's commandments is "Thou Shall Not Kill". Killing yourself is murder.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

God does not hate us , He loves us . There is nothing we can do to stop Him from loving us , even when we sin which is what suicide is .

What God hates is sin . It is the most destructive thing in this world and we are all touched by it from the moment we are born until the grave .

Even the apostle Paul cried out with the same anguish that you now feel and that I have felt :

" who shall deliver me from the body of this death ? "

Paul  went on to answer his own cry of anguish and a sin sick soul , and I implore and pray for you to heed His answer in this your sorest hour of need and longing you feel .

God's letter of love , not hate , for you is written in the blood of His dearly beloved Son  through the prophet which tells us :

" Though your sins be as scarlet , they shall be white as snow , though they be red like crimson , they shall be as wool ."

Then say with Paul :    " I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord ."

Edited by Unfailing Presence
spelling

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Hi Chrislovesfish2;

The bible does tell us that we are to persevere and to follow the good race of Gods calling and to keep looking forward and not look back.

There is a story in the old testament of Lots wife who turned to gaze back and she turned to salt.

When we are down, depressed or in a state of hopelessness we are not focused on God and looking forward, more than not we are looking at the past or our current state that has attachement to the past.

The Bible says in Christ we are new creations, we are not our past, we are new and keep growing in Him

I've been also in your shoes and these days I am kind of in a down curve, but I am keeping focused on God and looking forward in His hope.

The greatest gift that we have been given is: Gods free plan of Mercy and Grace. WOW! how greet is that?

Its great because it has so much hope attached to its complete meaning.

How blessed are we to have been drawn to Gods plan of Mercy and Grace?

I don't know of any other plan on the face of this earth, that FREELY offers us to be connected back with God full love strait away, by just simply asking Him to come make His home in our hearts.

If you have made that decision of asking God to come make His home in your heart, His holy temple lives in you.

You need to care for His holy temple living inside of you. Taking your life is not taking care of His temple living in you, on the contrary it is neglecting the fact that He is always there to be of help to you, to help you overcome. By overcoming each new challenge we are faced with, we grow in Him.

God is our Good Shepherd John 10:10, He will never leave you or abandon you, and when your get lost, He goes looking for you, becking at your heart, to consider licensing to His voice, His word, instead of listening to the voices that are trying to pull you away from Him and into darkness, into killing yourself. God would never be telling you to go kill yourself, but satan definitely would.

satan only come to steal, kill and destroy.

Christ came to give us life and life abundant John 10:10

The fact that you came to a christian site, to ask what to do, clearly shows that God is trying to get your attention back focused on Him.

Because He loves you... He loves you so much Christlovesfish2

He values you, and He wants to bring you back close to Him, in close daily relationship with Him

As He is your good shepherd and is calling you back to Him, to keep your strength in Him, to keep your hope in Him,to keep you trust in Him, to allow, to let Him carry your load in His arms of Love, and share with you more closely His loving WORDS for you.

Bring all your concerns to Him and ask Him to help you, to guide you. Be still and wait on Him.

That means if you are anxious right now, to quiet down, give Him your problem and place trust in Him that He will take care of the situation.

Because He will.

Suicide is a hasty decision, it is done out of impatience.

There is no love in impatience

God is Love and has patience with us.

But He has given us choice to call on Him or not

if we choose to turn away from Him, His  love, His help, we by choice are disabling Him from being able to help and love us and guide us in His right path. the path of Gods light.   Suacide is the path into darkness, it is making the choice to walk away from God.

God wants us to learn patience, in patience, He comes to us and teaches us and we learn.

I will be praying for you  Christlovesfish2 , that God keep close to your heart and surround

you complete with His love, for you to get calm, and refresh your thoughts to good things. Because that is what God wants for you.

No God does not want you to kill yourself.

Would you want something you love very much to kill themselves?

Well you heavenly Father loves you so much and allowed His only begotten Son Christ Jesus to come and show us how to have life and life more abundant. Gods only begotten Son, came to pay the penalty for our sins, to all those who make the choice to give up their sins and by free choice to turn to Him for guidance, for forgiveness, for healing our body, mind and soul.

Christ Jesus said if you love me you will keep my commandment, you will follow me and I will give you life and life abundant.

God love you and keep you safe alive under His wings in Christ Jesus i pray this for you. Amen! Amen! Amen!

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

Hello,you shouldnt be thinking this way...but i understand things get hard to understand...but,the good news is its all in the Word(Bible)i dont know how much you read or listen to the Bible but if you dont listen to it that much,then i would check it out more.I say this because the power of the Spirit(God) is powerful...

" I've asked Him (several times) while crying to show me how to continue my life but still no answer."

Its in the Word.it will sent you free...Joh 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 

Have you gave you life to Jesus?just ask that to make sure...if not here are 2 simple verses that show you how...you can Pray by your self and do it anytime..

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 
Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 

If you do Pray and get saved keep reading your Bible diligently.

If your already saved i Would get back into the Word more.

Let the Word strengthen you...Praying for you.

i will leave some verses in a minute...o And you might like Bible gateway(audio Bible)

Isa 40:31  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. 

Jer_29:13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 
Mat_11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 
Jer 29:12  Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 
Jer 29:13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 
Jer 29:14  And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive. 
Ecc 12:13  Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 
Isa 28:16  Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. 
1Co_10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it

Edited by shanee
added Verses

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Hi Chris,

I have some very good news for you....God STILL loves you and not once has He ever indicated ANY regret at sending Jesus to die for you.  Your question is a very deep, theological one, but you don't need a deep, theological answer.  IF you plan on killing yourself, you will need permission to do so from God Almighty. See legally, you aren't your own any more since you accepted Christ. Paul said "you are bought with a price". That means the disposition of your life is no longer up to you.

That being said, you now need to seek an answer to why you think Jesus hasn't been answering your prayers. Because, I agree that prayer not answered is a HUGE disappointment.  But rather than blame either you or God, let's take a different approach. Let's begin by looking at some Bible verses that indicate God will provide for us. We have to look no further than the sermon on the mount in Matthew 6:25-33

25-26 “If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship, it follows that you don’t fuss about what’s on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.

27-29 “Has anyone by fussing in front of the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? All this time and money wasted on fashion—do you think it makes that much difference? Instead of looking at the fashions, walk out into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They never primp or shop, but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them.

30-33 “If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don’t you think he’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

That's a big gulp of scripture from the message Bible, but it shows how much God has pledged Himself to provide for us. IF we are NOT seeing that provision, then we must look to ourselves. In reality, our relationship with God is a big contract. He pledges to do certain things if we do certain other things that mainly involve us being obedient. My guess is that somewhere you have gotten off track on the obedience, so God is not necessarily obligated to answer you. I also surmise that perhaps you haven't gotten really established in the Bible and don't understand some things regarding prayer and obedience so you are expecting results that God may not provide. But, if you challenge Him to provide for you like it says in Matthew 6, be prepared to see some really cool stuff as answers to prayer. See, sometimes the problem is that we ask God to do something for us and then we do it ourselves anyway. That's a really bad thing to lay on God. If you are going to ask Him something, let Him answer. Our job after prayer is to learn patience and to learn to be thankful. So we grow our faith by asking God for something, then being patient and thanking Him in advance of that thing actually coming to pass. Yes, it is a risk  but that is what faith is all about....being willing to risk everything on a God we don't fully trust, so that when He answers, we may be faithful in Him and to Him.

The good news is....God still loves you and wants to hear from you before you make any rash decisions about taking the life He gave you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

God doesn't hate anyone, so no, He would not.

Are you a Christian? Do you follow God with all your heart, mind, and strength? Do you seek His will each day? Those are the requirements of salvation.

Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? We'd all like it if you stuck around, both in this life, and specifically this forum. Feel free to tell us anything you want!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Chris

Welcome to Worthy....your English is just fine & don't worry about where you posted(we'll move it to the Proper Forum,sent you some info as well) I'm just really glad you shared how you are feeling with us and I thank the Lord that He lead has lead you here to be with us.....so even though you do not see Him drawing yu unto Himself,into H is Loving Arms,,,,surely He is,He has replied   When we are wrought with e5motions it is very difficult to think clearly or to see the nose o our face! Its okay Chris,its a temporary problem,a temporary,situation or circumstance & suicide is NOT a temporary solution nor is it one that you can later regret doing & get another chance to do differently......it is a very final act of desperation with a very final destination & I would not be willi0ng to risk my eternity on it.....there are only  2 places you can go,forever....heaven or hell,is it worth the gamble when the chance that you may go to Heaven seems to be "slim to none"?I wouldn't

Chris,what can be so terribly bad that you do not want to live to see another day?Obviously you must be  in decent shape,you are writing to us with your fingers,right? Are you in a wheelchair,physically impaired,on life support? CAn you see,hear,smell,talk ,breathe? You have a computer,probably not living under a bridge homeless & hungry....or are you   Tell me,what is so horrible & I bet we can come up with some suggestions,some encouragement & some good,sound ,uplifting advice to support you and with the love of Jesus,get through it together!                                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I've spoken with many people about this and what I find is that people who ask what will happen to them are asking for permission to kill themselves.

We won't give you that permission.

Will suicide sent you to hell?  No.  What sends a person to hell is the rejection of God's gift of grace through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Will suicide impact the people you leave behind forever?  Yes.  In ways you cannot imagine.  You are in obvious pain and in a deep emotion and spiritual conflict.

I am praying for you today.  My counsel to you?  Get to your doctor and nearest spiritual advisor and trusted friend immediately.  Even a policeman or 911 operator can lead you to the proper help.

Tell someone in real life of what you are going through.  You'd be shocked what just getting the words out to someone in real life will do for you.  I would know.  I've been there, dear friend.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1