• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, Chrislovesfish2 said:

Will God hate me if I kill myself?

No one knows.

James chapter 4 verse 12

There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?

Maybe studying the bible will help you, I study it 2 to 4 hours a day.

Matthew chapter 4 verse 4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Romans chapter 1 verse 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

John chapter 8 verse 31,32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
2 John
 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
Job chapter 23 verse 12
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Matthew 11
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Luke chapter 21
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Romans chapter 10 
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Mark chapter 13
31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
James chapter 1
25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
James chapter 4
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Isaiah chapter 45 verse 19
I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
Jeremiah chapter 9
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
    that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
    justice and righteousness on earth,
    for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord.
Jeremiah chapter 5 verse 1
“Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem,
    look around and consider,
    search through her squares.
If you can find but one person
    who deals honestly and seeks the truth,
    I will forgive this city.
Psalm 119 verse 114
You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

Chris....People that have never been through depression do not have a clue as to what it is like. people are well - intentioned, but it’s kinda like explaining color to someone who can only see in black and white—it can’t be done.Unfortunately, it has to be lived to be understood.People think it’s sadness and that is part of it,but the sadness is rooted in the fact the one suffering from it feels dead . Make a list of 50 things that give you pleasure in your life,then take that list ,wad it up and throw it in  a fire.Nothing gives you pleasure and you can go outside into the sun and do jumping- jacks all day and it ain’t gonna help. I basically sat on my bed and stared at the floor for five years. I hid from friends and basically talked to nobody. As bad as all of that sounds—Do Not Give Up! Go see a doctor and get help.  Medication can help immensely.The bible says that “ blessed men GO THROUGH valleys of weeping”.......Believe Gods Promises and He will get you through this valley....as He did me—- in ONE day.God put me back in the ballgame that quickly and He  can do it for you! I will be praying for you as will many others......it is not an accident that you came here. God bless you

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Strange that I found this thread today. I was just thinking of this a few hours earlier. I'm not sure of the wisdom of responding, honestly, since some of the responses seem outright callous to me, and I'm someone who flinches at that kind of attitude like people are throwing burning acid at me. It's not just PTSD/depression/social anxiety for me; my external circumstances have been nightmarish for most of my life. I've been getting increasingly desperate for years, and I just don't know how to handle my conditions anymore. 

Yet, I decided today that I still want to try, too. That I love myself and that I deserve better than this misery and isolation. I'm not going to give up on myself because I'm worth fighting for. And the dream of the love and happiness I've longed for all my life keeps calling me, not letting me let go.

Hope that I can ever reach that dream is a terrifyingly unstable thing, though. That's why I think I need to be more careful of the kind of attitudes I expose myself to, because I'm extremely impressionable and sensitive. If I'm around black-minded, "tough-minded" people, I wither like a burnt leaf so fast... 

I just made these decisions today, so I'm still in the process of learning how to apply this insight...

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but I thought it was a perspective worth sharing. While isolating is a terrible self-protective measure, sometimes opening yourself up to the wrong people is the worst move of all. And if you find a church, please make sure the people around you are at least reasonably healthier than you (mentally, emotionally, spiritually), especially the leaders. That's at least as important as other considerations, as many horror stories can attest, mine included. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

It seems an awful lot of us feel this way including me. Due to my circumstances I no longer expect what was once my dream unless God does some major miracles for me. I know He can but I don't know that He will and due to my age I doubt He will. But I've realized to kill myself is wrong. It's not that God will hate us if we do, but if we are saved God has a reward for us in heaven. Paul says in 1 Corinthians ch 3 that our eternal rewards will be based on what we did in our life. All the Godly people in the Bible had to suffer so why would we be different. I don't think we are. I also realized our lives are not about us they are about God. Even in our misery me might be doing things God wants us to do. It might be a small thing such as saying "thank God" while shopping, and unbeknownst to us, a nearby atheist heard you which sent that person away doubting his own atheism because he heard that you still believe in God. The point is, we don't always know when we did something for God, but if you killed yourself God has to find someone else to do it. That's just not right. When we finish being useful to God I believe He will take us, but so long as He needs us here we will stay here. It's not easy, I'm not saying it is, but this is how I get through my days. I also bear in mind that if I end myself I'll be cheating myself out of what God has planned for me in eternity. Sure, I wanted to have a better life down here but it just isn't meant to be for everyone. I think God was telling me this from many years ago but a lot of well meaning Christian friends kept telling me my dream was out there God just hasn't given me it yet. That just made me more miserable. Be careful about this. If you know you're a depressed person you can trick yourself into thinking God told you your dream isn't coming and you might miss the opportunity to lay hold of it. Don't do that. Always consider your circumstances such as your age and secondly your health. Although I've known of people with poor health who weren't young and still some received part of their dream. You never can be too sure. It's all up to God so just remember we might be helping God even though all we feel miserable. I've come to believe this and it helps me go on. If it helps you, good, if it doesn't ignore what I said.  

Edited by JTC

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 1/11/2018 at 11:54 AM, Chrislovesfish2 said:

I want to Thank everyone for their wise words. Sorry for my absence, I felt ashamed for posting this.

Never feel ashamed for posting your thoughts. Someone, somewhere has been there and has advice in relation to Jesus with our on lives.

Edited by 7thseal

• George locked this topic