zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

In revelation 2:24 what are satan's so-called secrets?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

23 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

2:18-29 Even when the Lord knows the works of his people to be wrought in love, faith, zeal, and patience; yet if his eyes, which are as a flame of fire, observe them committing or allowing what is evil, he will rebuke, correct, or punish them. Here is praise of the ministry and people of Thyatira, by One who knew the principles from which they acted. They grew wiser and better. All Christians should earnestly desire that their last works may be their best works. Yet this church connived at some wicked seducers. God is known by the judgments he executes; and by this upon seducers, he shows his certain knowledge of the hearts of men, of their principles, designs, frame, and temper. Encouragement is given to those who kept themselves pure and undefiled. It is dangerous to despise the mystery of God, and as dangerous to receive the mysteries of Satan. Let us beware of the depths of Satan, of which those who know the least are the most happy. How tender Christ is of his faithful servants! He lays nothing upon his servants but what is for their good. There is promise of an ample reward to the persevering, victorious believer; also knowledge and wisdom, suitable to their power and dominion. Christ brings day with him into the soul, the light of grace and of glory, in the presence and enjoyment of him their Lord and Saviour. After every victory let us follow up our advantage against the enemy, that we may overcome and keep the works of Christ to the end.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I give no importance to Satan. I would rather focus on Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, zorgblar said:

As a person who has studied this question very deeply, I would advise everyone  to leave the subject alone...... the more you learn about it the more direct contact they will have with you......   and it very very seldom ends well.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

The key, zorgblar, is in how Jesus describes those "secrets" in that verse.  In your verse, pay attention to the words "so-called"."

Here are how various translations present Christ's words describing the secrets of satan:

• "so-called"
  • "as they call them"
  • "what some call"
  • "as they say"
  • "what some people call"
  • "as they speak"
  • "as they call them"
  • "as they are wont to say"

This may help you.

Jesus Christ is speaking to a church in Thyatira that is doing well.  They love, they are faithful, they persevere, and their work increases.  He commends them for that.

However, Christ tells them that they have something that needs to be corrected.  They are tolerating a pagan and false teaching that is leading people into sexual depravity and other activities that are not proper for the church or Christians.  Christ tells that church that he is going to take care of that false teaching and the leadership of it.  And that the followers of that teaching will pay.

He finally tells those in Thyatira who who are NOT accepting of this - the "so-called" deep secrets of Satan - that they are to continue in the way that they are living until he comes back.

There is no official list of these "so-called" secrets.  That's not what Jesus was saying.  By referring to them as "so-called", he is saying that those people who are following the false teachings have what "they call" inner truths and secret tenets and doctrines that they believe will lead to enlightenment, but that it is all really of the devil.

This reminds me so much of Scientology - that claims to bring you closer and closer to the "secrets"  that only they hold - but it's all so very anti-Christ.  The Masons, Mormons, and so many other secret societies that include religious doctrine practice truths that are not of God, but of the devil.

That's why Jesus calls them "so-called" and "as they [followers of anti-Christ teachings] say".  Satan has no secrets.  God knows all and we know all of him through God's Word.

Yes, people can indulge in demonic practices and spiral into the demonic world having experiences that you and I won't know of, but that's no secret that these things take place.

Edited by Jayne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

42 minutes ago, Jayne said:

The key, zorgblar, is in how Jesus describes those "secrets" in that verse.  In your verse, pay attention to the words "so-called"."

Here are how various translations present Christ's words describing the secrets of satan:

• "so-called"
  • "as they call them"
  • "what some call"
  • "as they say"
  • "what some people call"
  • "as they speak"
  • "as they call them"
  • "as they are wont to say"

This may help you.

Jesus Christ is speaking to a church in Thyatira that is doing well.  They love, they are faithful, they persevere, and their work increases.  He commends them for that.

However, Christ tells them that they have something that needs to be corrected.  They are tolerating a pagan and false teaching that is leading people into sexual depravity and other activities that are not proper for the church or Christians.  Christ tells that church that he is going to take care of that false teaching and the leadership of it.  And that the followers of that teaching will pay.

He finally tells those in Thyatira who who are NOT accepting of this - the "so-called" deep secrets of Satan - that they are to continue in the way that they are living until he comes back.

There is no official list of these "so-called" secrets.  That's not what Jesus was saying.  By referring to them as "so-called", he is saying that those people who are following the false teachings have what "they call" inner truths and secret tenets and doctrines that they believe will lead to enlightenment, but that it is all really of the devil.

This reminds me so much of Scientology - that claims to bring you closer and closer to the "secrets"  that only they hold - but it's all so very anti-Christ.  The Masons, Mormons, and so many other secret societies that include religious doctrine practice truths that are not of God, but of the devil.

That's why Jesus calls them "so-called" and "as they [followers of anti-Christ teachings] say".  Satan has no secrets.  God knows all and we know all of him through God's Word.

Yes, people can indulge in demonic practices and spiral into the demonic world having experiences that you and I won't know of, but that's no secret that these things take place.

I completely agree

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

18 hours ago, zorgblar said:

The verse does not actually say there are secrets. It is people who called them as secrets or deeper truth. Actually Lord is calling it "false teaching". Meaning, telling something as deeper truth of satan is a false teaching.

The devil is nothing but deceiver. I am pretty sure he would be happy when people think there is some deeper truth about him! We should not fall for it. We see that very much happening even today. As another poster said, scientology and all these cults.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

The deeper things of satan are well known,  but usually as if "good" !!!!!

This is more clear from the context:

" “These are the words of the Son of God, the One whose eyes blaze like flames of fire and whose feet gleam like brightly polished bronze:

19 “I know your deeds, love, faithfulness, service, and endurance. Your labors greatly increase in quality as you travel along this journey.

20 “However, I have this against you: you have tolerated that woman Jezebel, who is a self-anointed prophetess and who misleads My followers to commit immoral sexual acts and to eat food prepared for idol worship. 

I have provided her enough time to turn away[i]from her indecency, but she refuses to turn from these immoral acts. 22 Watch; I will throw her back into her sickbed with those who committed adultery with her, and I will make them a bed of great affliction if they do not abandon her indiscretions and turn[j]to follow Me

I will punish her by striking her children dead.

Through this all the churches will know I am the One who relentlessly explores the mind and heart, and

I will deal with each of you as you deserve according to your acts. ... "

my footnote As many did turn to YHWH,  "away from her indecency" ,  all through the centuries..... and were saved....

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+2&version=VOICE

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

7 hours ago, other one said:

As a person who has studied this question very deeply, I would advise everyone  to leave the subject alone...... the more you learn about it the more direct contact they will have with you......   and it very very seldom ends well.

I completely agree with this. The so-called secrets are all lies and if you get into them you may die at a young age. I knew someone who was told he would live forever or that he would be able to choose when his spirit leaves his body. This guy was like my brother and so I argued with him for 30 yrs about this stuff. I always told him nothing good would come from it. When he was young God blessed him with a good wife, 2 kids, a friend who set him up in his business, he had a house, 2 cars, sounds good doesn't it. But he kept dabbling in the secrets. He lost everything he had once had and 2 yrs ago he lost his life at 61. That's young for today.

Do not look into this stuff. It's all lies.