• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,329
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus 1 Thessalonians 5:23

• Praise God! 1

• 11 months later...

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 3/29/2017 at 7:22 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus 1 Thessalonians 5:23

Blameless. 

Blameless in spirit,

Blameless in soul,

Blameless in body

(or Blameless in all ways, per all Scripture)

Sanctified wholly, and holy,  by YHVH our CREATOR and JESUS our SAVIOR,

once?  no.  twice?  no.  Continually ! YES ! Daily ! YES !  ALWAYS !  YES !  (per all Scripture)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/4/2018 at 2:54 PM, simplejeff said:

Blameless. 

Blameless in spirit,

Blameless in soul,

Blameless in body

(or Blameless in all ways, per all Scripture)

Sanctified wholly, and holy,  by YHVH our CREATOR and JESUS our SAVIOR,

once?  no.  twice?  no.  Continually ! YES ! Daily ! YES !  ALWAYS !  YES !  (per all Scripture)

I appreciate your desire to be continually Spirit-filled and sanctified, but my blameless state comes from Christ crucified.

• Praise God! 1

• 10 months later...

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

I believe the  Bible clearly makes a distinction between spirit, soul and body.  We are three part beings just as He is and it's actually a reflection of His  "image and likeness" He created Adam with.

Spirit is WHAT we are.  That is the fundamental essence of our being.

Soul is WHO you are and encompasses our mind, will and emotions.  The soul is what gives rise to my personality and makes me, me and you, you.

Body is currently the temporary  "tent" we live in. 

Once this understanding is gained, a lot of apparent contradictions  and controversies  simply evaporate.

This will be challenging for some, but I'm pretty  sure I can back every  word with Scripture :)

I believe it is accurate to say we are saved, we are being saved and we will be saved.

Salvation is not a completed work at the new birth.  That's undeniably the foundation and something that cannot be passed over, it's the fundamental door to all the rest.  But the idea that God deals with each part of our being differently is Biblically sound.

At the new birth, the Bible witnesses our spirit which was dead is made alive.  It is "born again" of INCORRUPTIBLE SEED.

having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,[fn]

Evidently, the change is so profound it represents being completely removed from one family and adopted into another.  We belong  to satan's family at birth by default, due to the fall and its effects being transmitted genetically through the blood to every human born since Adam.  At the new birth  our  spirit is so radically transformed that He who  cannot be in the presence of sin, finds our new born spirit a place suitable to dwell in.  It is pure as pure  can be.

The soul is not dealt with  so thoroughly at the new birth but enters a PROCESS of transformation/salvation that occurs  by degrees.  The Bible describes this process as "sanctification".

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

It isn't even possible to engage this process of being "weaned" off the worldly ideas, thinking and impulses until the indwelling Spirit brought with Him the power to engage it.  The power to deny the lusts of the flesh simply was not available  to us before that.  We sinned because it was our nature to sin.  Once He has taken up residence in our spirits, we no longer HAVE  to sin, but we still CHOOSE to and we can still be tricked into it until He has identified for us the lies we have believed to be true and replaced those with His  Word.

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

This is a process and it does not happen overnight.  I've seen all kinds of interpretations about spiritual warfare laid on this passage but I'm a simple man and I try to limit myself to what the Word says.  It appears to me, the  simplest and most important application of spiritual warfare has  to do with our  own minds (part  of the soul) and the arguments and thoughts that try to exalt themselves above the  Truth.  It's a process we have  to CHOOSE (again, human will...province of the soul) to engage and the Spirit has to empower.  We can't do this alone.  We have to be willing but He  has to guide and empower the work/transformation.

And the body  is a different story altogether.   The Bible witnesses that this flesh is so  corrupted that it stands in enmity  to Him and CANNOT be reconciled to Him.  The only solution for this flesh is to lay it down, let it return to the dust it came from and receive a wholesale replacement from Heaven.

But the mind, will and emotions are the battleground.

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So I believe it is necessary to discern what part of us God is speaking to when He speaks of salvation in the Word.

1.  With reference to our  re-born spirit I believe it is accurate to say we ARE saved...to the uttermost.  What part of "incorruptible" is difficult to understand? :)

2. With reference to our soul, I believe it is accurate to say we are BEING saved.  We're in a process of transition and it doesn't happen in a one and done fashion like His salvation of our  spirit.

3.  And with reference to our  body, His answer is a new one.  Our salvation is assured, but not complete until we are out of this nasty thing and living  in a new one compatible with Heaven.

This assertion I've made has much, much more scriptural evidence to back it up, and I will be happy to go deeper if anyone has questions  or is interested.  I learned all this in my quest to answer for myself the long running "once saved always saved or not?" question :)

The controversy  simply evaporates when the whole spirit, soul and body thing comes to light :)

Blessings :)

Edited by Jostler
  • Brilliant! 1

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 3/29/2017 at 9:22 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

Our SPIRIT have to stay blameless thinking and feeling pursuant to what Jesus reveal in His word.

Our SOUL ought to be blameless thinking and feeling all the happens in this world in according to the concepts and values that the spirit took in pondering on the Holy Scripture

Our BODY must stay blameless getting in touch only with is pleasant to the Creator.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  188
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,347
  • Content Per Day:  6.44
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

When the Spirit of God/Christ comes to live in us, where does He reside?