• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Commercials are memorable because advertisers hire psychologists who help them design the commercials to stick around in our head.  I can think of commercials that I can remember almost verbatim from the 70's, even if that product is no longer sold.  A catchy tune,  a short pithy, memorable phrase and/or memorable character is all it takes to hook our memory and we hold on to it forever, I guess.

It's funny, sometimes, to go back and look at the fashions in those old commercials and wonder, "what were we thinking?"   LOL  I know that back in the 70s in the US we were going through what I can only describe as a "fashion coma." 

Ha ha!! The '80s hairstyles are pretty hard to beat too.

But yeah, you are right about the ads.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

On 4/2/2017 at 6:38 PM, shiloh357 said:

Commercials are memorable because advertisers hire psychologists who help them design the commercials to stick around in our head.  I can think of commercials that I can remember almost verbatim from the 70's, even if that product is no longer sold.  A catchy tune,  a short pithy, memorable phrase and/or memorable character is all it takes to hook our memory and we hold on to it forever, I guess.

It's funny, sometimes, to go back and look at the fashions in those old commercials and wonder, "what were we thinking?"   LOL  I know that back in the 70s in the US we were going through what I can only describe as a "fashion coma." 

Shiloh,   your signature picture of "Les Deplorables"  would make a great front cover on a cereal box.   Under that logo would be printed . . . . .   "Grape-Nuts, Breakfast of Champions"