• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

If it is not Biblical I will be at liberty to say so.

That's not biblical, your duty is to correct me, going through the Bible in great detail and answering or attempting to answer all of my detailed questions. Your simply writing a few lines of text and then dismissing me by misquoting me (as you have done) is not Biblical, nor is it loving or faithful to the teachings of Christ. You can't dismiss people until you have completely and thoroughly explained to them why they are wrong, and you have not even attempted to do that, you have just dismissed me on the basis of misunderstanding me. You don't even have a clue as to the dispensational theology which underlies your own beliefs. Look there is a one on one debate section here in these forums, would you like to debate me one on one on an agreed topic? If your not, then might I suggest that your calling your own beliefs "biblical," and other people as not-Biblical, comes across as somewhat prideful, especially when I am a European and many Europeans (excepting those in Pentecostal, Charismatic and some baptist fellowships) do not hold to dispensational theology as Biblical, it's a 19th century man-made theology exceptionally popular in Armerica, which might or might not be Biblical, just as over here in Europe our theology and our presuppositions might also be incorrect. If I am wrong then I am willing to learn and be corrected, so lets discuss this in the debate section - you call your beliefs Biblical so why would you lack the courage to discuss the Biblical truth which you claim to hold.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

There IS A WAY,  that bypasses all those schools and theories,  everyone of them.

"Follow JESUS"

Like in ACTS, and all through SCRIPTURE ......

LIke in those who lived like they did in ACTS,

the Anabaptists,  quite different from all the schools and theories....

and found

in "The Secret of the Anabaptists"  (free online if still available) .....

Listen to the SHEPHERD, JESUS.

No need to look into those mills,  premills, postmills, and so many other heresies and distractions....

No need to refute with so-called "scholarship" which JESUS refuted.  

Better to come to JESUS like a little child,  even just to be able to see and to enter the KINGDOM.

btw,  when the SHEPHERD HIMSELF says "THIS IS MY WORD" and

" Then opened HE their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"

rest therein - in HIS WORD,  in HIS ARMS,   in HIS CARE.  

and not in a school or doctrine of men or any such thing.

Don't even be as if "I follow Paul,  or I follow Apollos"  which even then was called CARNAL..... no.  Don't do it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Limey_Bob said:

That's not biblical, your duty is to correct me, going through the Bible in great detail and answering or attempting to answer all of my detailed questions. Your simply writing a few lines of text and then dismissing me by misquoting me (as you have done) is not Biblical, nor is it loving or faithful to the teachings of Christ. You can't dismiss people until you have completely and thoroughly explained to them why they are wrong, and you have not even attempted to do that, you have just dismissed me on the basis of misunderstanding me. You don't even have a clue as to the dispensational theology which underlies your own beliefs. Look there is a one on one debate section here in these forums, would you like to debate me one on one on an agreed topic? If your not, then might I suggest that your calling your own beliefs "biblical," and other people as not-Biblical, comes across as somewhat prideful, especially when I am a European and many Europeans (excepting those in Pentecostal, Charismatic and some baptist fellowships) do not hold to dispensational theology as Biblical, it's a 19th century man-made theology exceptionally popular in Armerica, which might or might not be Biblical, just as over here in Europe our theology and our presuppositions might also be incorrect. If I am wrong then I am willing to learn and be corrected, so lets discuss this in the debate section - you call your beliefs Biblical so why would you lack the courage to discuss the Biblical truth which you claim to hold.

I don,t agree with you teaching either and this is the welcome thread only , may I ask you if you are a teacher? Why not get to knowthe  people here  first and then ASK them what they believe?You can,t just come in and tell people what they should believe and how wrong they are?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

Take a look at Revelation 20:1-7. The thousand years which is repeatedly mentioned. You have to take those words literally and not give them your own meaning.

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

There IS A WAY,  that bypasses all those schools and theories,  everyone of them.

"Follow JESUS"

Like in ACTS, and all through SCRIPTURE ......

LIke in those who lived like they did in ACTS,

the Anabaptists,  quite different from all the schools and theories....

and found

in "The Secret of the Anabaptists"  (free online if still available) .....

Sadly, no. For somebody who is a babe in Christ, newly converted, I'll accept that they should try to follow Jesus for the first few weeks of their Christian walk. However, for everybody else, converted for more than a few months, the command is to "study to show yourself approved" as in our present day, we are living in the midst of the worst apostasy in church history. I live in Plymouth in the UK, over here, I have been told that the Trinity is that Jesus is both the Father and the Holy Spirit, and also by others that the Trinity teaches three separate spirits / beings / persons (which is tri-theism). few so-called Christians can explain accurately who Jesus is, many times for instance I've been told that Jesus only had one single spirit (which denies his full humanity), also very few Christians can explain the new Covenant. So in these days of great apostasy, we need to be able to know and study the Bible for ourselves. The cults and heretical TV preachers like nothing more than immature followers, who don't know how to check claims with the Bible, having followers who claim to ... follow Jesus in reality means that people end up following some TV preacher, the Watchtower Magazine or some other religious man.

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Take a look at Revelation 20:1-7. The thousand years which is repeatedly mentioned. You have to take those words literally and not give them your own meaning.

I said in my first post, which you have obviously not read, that I do take them literally. SOULS in Revelation 20:4 are reigning with Christ, in heaven, so the six occurrences of 1,000 years refers to human history, four occurrences are from Adam to Christ, the other two which mention the throne at verses 4 and 6 refer to the intermediate state (Church age) where Christ is ruling over souls (this means disincarnate spirits of saints) in heaven. I hope that I have not been rude MissMuffet, forgive me if I have been sharp, but you need to prove your claims not just make assertions, as if making a mere assertion is itself truth, when it is not. Why can't two of those thousands years (verses 4 and 6) refer to Christ's literally reigning now in heaven, over his death saints, in what is called the intermediate state?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

When someone* opposes and contradicts GOD'S WORD so readily,  even after (apparently) others have tried to correct or reprove them, 

the only thing SCRIPTURE says to do is "don't even greet them" and "don't eat a meal with them" ....

*someone who calls themself a believer...   not the worldly unbelievers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

18 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

You are entitled to believe exactly as you choose, just as I and others also have the right to believe as we do too. However, so much of what you have written, is based upon a dispensational presupposition, in America for a century dispensationalism has been the defacto orthodoxcy, from which people are not allowed to deviate. Look I am certain that I'm not perfect in my theology, I am still learning things myself, but I d urge you to study dispensationalism, as it clearly underlies your form of Pre-Millennialism. I am NOT saying that your beleifs are necessarily wrong, I am asking you to consider why you clearly do accept several of the key points of dispensationalism, which do influence your theology, just as my rejection of dispensationsliam influences my presuppositions.

lol, thank you.  I endorse only those dispensations that are mentioned in Scripture.  We do own a Scofield Bible and some of his comments are insightful.  But I don't subscribe to any doctrine that goes beyond Scripture.  Likewise I frequently check the Book of Concord, but I only subscribe to those things that are scriptural.  That is why I rejected post millennium views and any doctrine that allegorizes the book of The Revelation like the City of God.  But I do thank you for your concern.  I am open to correction and revision by the Holy Spirit.  

7 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I don,t agree with you teaching either and this is the welcome thread only , may I ask you if you are a teacher? Why not get to knowthe  people here  first and then ASK them what they believe?You can,t just come in and tell people what they should believe and how wrong they are?

I am telling people what I happen to believe myself, I am not telling people what they ought to believe, but I do welcome feedback and correction, as eschatology is an area new to me and I have only recently come to the position which I now hold to (I used to be a pre-Millennialist, I was saved in a Pentecostal church in London in 1985 and was taught that as truth). I read my Bible and pray, but I have now given up on the institutional church. The three doctrines which got me to leave the church were (1) Trinity    (2) person of Christ    (3) new covenant. I live in the UK, and apart from the odd Methodist and Liberal Anglican much of the evangelical Church here cannot accurately define the Trinity in accordance with the ancient creeds (Athanasian Creed, Westminster Confession of Faith etc), neither can most church folk explain accurately who Christ is, I have for instance been told that Christ's sacrifice for sin wasn't on the cross it was actually in hell offered to the devil, I have also been told that Christ only had one single spirit, not two, which is the heresy of Apollinarianism which denies his full humanity. Finally, most church folk cannot explain accurately the new Covenant, yet that is the basis of the gospel and it's based upon a covenant made between God the Father and the Son of God, mediated through the Holy Spirit (Hebrews 9:13-15).  I do not mean to be offensive or rude, but i would happen to believe that most religious people merely parrot what other people have taught them, few people actually study and research things out for themselves, which God commands us to, remember the Bereans.

1 minute ago, Willa said:

lol, thank you.  I endorse only those dispensations that are mentioned in Scripture.  We do own a Scofield Bible and some of his comments are insightful.  But I don't subscribe to any doctrine that goes beyond Scripture.  Likewise I frequently check the Book of Concord, but I only subscribe to those things that are scriptural.  That is why I rejected post millennium views and any doctrine that allegorizes the book of The Revelation like the City of God.  But I do thank you for your concern.  I am open to correction and revision by the Holy Spirit.  

Thank you, and I too am open to help and correction, I do not fully understand all aspects of eschatology and the Book of Revelation, I am learning and like you I agree that all theology is man-made (including my own) and therefore s fallible and needs to be checked and tested. There are in fact good arguments against my position which nobody as yet has brought up, that's interesting, but I will refrain from commenting on that at the moment.