IGNORED

I was once a Oneness Pentecostal (Apostolic)

Limey_Bob

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

I was once a Oneness Pentecostal (Apostolic), way way back in the later 1980s, I left and became a Trinitarian after I had written a tract for them, promoting the Oneness view of Water Baptism and offering £1,000 if anyone could disprove the Oneness claim that you must be baptised with the formula: Lord Christ Christ in order to be saved. I live in the south-west of the UK (Plymouth) and no longer attend any fellowship, as that would be too painful to me, but I see the main Oneness claims (i.e. that Jesus is God the Father, and that the baptismal formula is Lord Jesus Christ), taking over so many individual believers in local fellowships, which nominally are Trinitarian, but within which elders and other leaders teach exactly as they choose, which is often anti-Trinitarian! The church situation here in the UK is so bad as to be dire beyond belief, you can't even sit down and discuss the Bible with religious people, they switch off the moment you try to discuss scripture. GOD TV has had a big part to play in this.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

"The church situation here in the UK is so bad as to be dire beyond belief,..."

Perhaps everywhere, with few exceptions ?

There is truth in what some say, and some error also, carried over from their family or tradition.    YHWH's TIMING in recovering the people HE calls and choses is unsearchable perhaps also,   i.e. "unknowable" - unpredictable how long it takes anyone  raised one way to thoroughly learn  YHWH'S WAY,   even simply to "follow JESUS"(not just be religious)......  sometimes a day,  sometimes 50 years or more ?