bornagain2011

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

We have some friends who after doing some Bible studies now believe that we will be in heaven with Jesus during the 1,000 year reign and that New Jerusalem is for the Jews not His church. 

I showed them scripture showing that Jesus reigns on earth with us during 1,000 years, but they said Jesus is omnipresent so He is up in heaven with us and ruling down on earth with the Jews that came out of the tribulation alive.

It doesn't sound like anything I've learned from the scriptures.

What are your thoughts?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I forgot to add that this was a bible study DVD and book series. I can't remember the name right off. I think I need to pray about this and pray for them. They admit they don't study revelations.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

The immortals of the Lord's will have access to any an all of His creation, so I would agree with the idea that the millennial kingdom will have both immortals and mortals

However, when we get to Revelation 21 all of the inhabitants will be immortal and will be free to inhabit His entire unending universe .... the earth and Jerusalem will be a center piece of His creation for ever

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, bornagain2011 said:

We have some friends who after doing some Bible studies now believe that we will be in heaven with Jesus during the 1,000 year reign and that New Jerusalem is for the Jews not His church. 

I showed them scripture showing that Jesus reigns on earth with us during 1,000 years, but they said Jesus is omnipresent so He is up in heaven with us and ruling down on earth with the Jews that came out of the tribulation alive.

What are your thoughts?

Hi bornagain2011,

So glad you are looking into this great topic of the inheritance of the Body of Christ. I agree with your friends. I have always been taught this and studying scriptures myself as well as going to Bible school I certainly believe God`s word tells us this wonderful truth. Now I realise that many people have not been taught this so it is good to have a discussion & look into God`s word together.

Now can you show me the scripture that says Jesus will reign on earth with the Body of Christ during the 1,000 years?

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, bornagain2011 said:

What are your thoughts?

The born again true believers will be on Earth and in heaven during the 1000 year millennium. The Church will possibly be ruling the nations with Christ during that time.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Rev 1:6, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Jesus Christ and His saints will reign on the earth in the millennium and in the New Earth forever (Rev. 5: 10; 2:26-27; 11:15; 20:4-10; 22:2; Dan. 7:18).

Jesus is and will be King of Kings and Lord of Lord's. we will rule, under Him and the Father, separate nations, governments, societies, what ever we are allocated.

Rev. 2:  26-27, And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: V. 27, And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Dan. 7: 18, But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Guest BacKaran

I understand we are heirs reigning with Jesus but let me say right now, I'd be happy to sing forever along side the great Opera singers and regular singers!!!!???

Edited by BacKaran

8 hours ago, bornagain2011 said:

What are your thoughts?

Hi bornagain2011,

This is a wondrous topic as it pertains to the inheritance of the Body of Christ. Now we know from God`s word that the Lord Jesus Christ when He ascended was given a position of authority and power `far above all,` in this age & the one to come.

`God....seated Him (Christ) at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion and every name that is named, not only in this age but in that which is to come, and put all things under His feet...` (Eph. 1: 20 - 22)  

We also know from God`s word that the Lord has promised the Body of Christ that they will reign with Him on His throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

We read in Revelation 21 that the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven from God to near the earth.

`Then I John, saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God...` (Rev. 21: 2)

The Lord`s authority is there, (symbolized by a throne) but His seat of power & authority we know is `far above all,` in this age & the one to come.

As to the millennium, this is the promised rule to Israel that they would be the rulers over the nations. There is still sin, sickness, death and rebellion in that time, but the nations are given the opportunity to walk in the light of God`s laws & receive benefits from that.

`And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which come against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. And it shall be which ever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain.

If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. This is the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. `(Zech. 14: 16 - 19)

No rain means famine, hunger, sickness, disease, death. This is not the environment that has been promised to the Body of Christ. The Lord will reign through Israel at this time to teach them rulership under Him. However the Lord will not be on earth, but rule from His seat of power and authority in the third heaven, far above all.

regards, Marilyn.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, bornagain2011 said:

What are your thoughts?

I think that we, mere humans, try to gain as much knowledge and understanding from scripture that we can, yet, we fall far short of truly knowing.  His words to us are designed to draw us to Him, not to have an understanding of what the future is, still, many try to put together the greatest puzzle of ever know to life.

What I do know is "And thus we shall always be with the Lord."  What ever God meant, I accept.  His instructions are to teach salvation and to make disciples, not to try an figure out the mysteries of prophecy.  When it is time for us to know, He will show us the truth.

`All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God man be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.` (2 Tim. 3: 16 & 17)

`Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.` (2 Tim. 2: 15)

Jesus said -

`...when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth; for he will not speak on his own authority but whatever he hears he will speak; and he will tell you things to come.` (John 16: 13)

Praise the Lord for he has not left us to work out what is to come, but the Lord has sent the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth to guide the Body of Christ into all truth. And we can see how the Holy Spirit has guided the Body of Christ over the centuries, revealing precious truths one at a time across the Body. Today more than ever we need the clarification of where the Body of Christ will go to.

Many are saying `the earth` & thus are looking for that, however the scriptures do not say that the earth is our inheritance. To think otherwise will result in deception, I believe, & a seeking for an `earthly Messiah.` Very dangerous indeed. To think it will all `pan out,` or `just leave it to God,` is not taking up one`s responsibility to study God`s word & listen to the Holy Spirit.

Marilyn.