• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Matthew 28:18-20

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.  Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Yes, the Holy Spirit will teach us all truth, guide us in His will and way, create in us a new creation, seal us in Him, all to do His will and obey Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

And not forgetting `he will tell you things to come.`

Jesus said -

`...when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth; for he will not speak on his own authority but whatever he hears he will speak; and he will tell you things to come.` (John 16: 13)

Marilyn.

1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

And not forgetting `he will tell you things to come.`

Jesus said -

`...when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth; for he will not speak on his own authority but whatever he hears he will speak; and he will tell you things to come.` (John 16: 13)

Marilyn.

Yes, in His time, not our time.  I place my trust in His time far more than I do my ability, or any other persons ability, to understand prophecy.  Ever since the late 70's until a few years ago, I spent many hours trying to figure out what prophecy really means and whenever I thought I had it right, something else happened in life that made me step back and re-chart everything.  I am not discouraging those who want to know, just pointing out that spending all of ones time trying to figure it out is taking their eyes off His commandment to make disciples of all nations.  Seems people have stopped trying to show their neighbor who Jesus is and why He came.

In all honesty, and I believe you will agree, nobody will know if they are correct until prophecy is fulfilled. 

I don't mean to come against anyone who likes to discuss end times, as I still do, but I no longer spend a lot of my time digging through what is a mystery.  Sorry to jump in and dampen the discussion.  I should of looked at where the question was posted before I answered.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, bornagain2011 said:

We have some friends who after doing some Bible studies now believe that we will be in heaven with Jesus during the 1,000 year reign and that New Jerusalem is for the Jews not His church. 

I showed them scripture showing that Jesus reigns on earth with us during 1,000 years, but they said Jesus is omnipresent so He is up in heaven with us and ruling down on earth with the Jews that came out of the tribulation alive.

It doesn't sound like anything I've learned from the scriptures.

What are your thoughts?

Straight foolishness

Scripture says we rule with Him as priests,so I guess they think they are omnipresent as well

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

From Biblegateway for comparison/ examples.  

WYC
and made us a kingdom, and priests to God and to his Father [and priests to God and his Father]; to him be glory and empire into worlds of worlds. Amen.

OJB
And made us a Malchut (Kingdom), a Mamlekhet kohanim (a Kingdom of priests, SHEMOT 19:6), kohanim doing avodas kodesh sherut to his Elohim HaAv, lo hakavod v’hagevurah l’olmey olamim. Omein (to him be glory and powerful dominion forever and ever. Omein). [SHEMOT 19:6; 23:22; YESHAYAH 61:6]
RSV
and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
RSVCE
and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
TLV
and made us a kingdom, kohanim to His God and Father—to Him be glory and power forever! Amen!
VOICE
and who established us to be His kingdom and priests for God, His Father. May glory and power be His throughout all the ages. Amen.
WEB
and he made us to be a Kingdom, priests to his God and Father; to him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

NLT
He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
NRSV
and made us to be a kingdom, priests serving his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
NRSVA
and made us to be a kingdom, priests serving his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
NRSVACE
and made us to be a kingdom, priests serving his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
NRSVCE
and made us to be a kingdom, priests serving his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
NTE
and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and father – glory and power be to him for ever and ever. Amen.

MOUNCE
and has made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be · glory and · dominion for all time. · Amen.
NOG
and has made us a kingdom, priests for God his Father. Amen.
NABRE
who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father, to him be glory and power forever [and ever]. Amen.
NASB
and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
NCV
He made us to be a kingdom of priests who serve God his Father. To Jesus Christ be glory and power forever and ever! Amen.
NET
and has appointed us as a kingdom, as priests serving his God and Father—to him be the glory and the power for ever and ever! Amen.
NIRV
He has made us members of his royal family. He has made us priests who serve his God and Father. Glory and power belong to Jesus Christ for ever and ever! Amen.
NIV
and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
NIVUK
and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father – to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

GW
and has made us a kingdom, priests for God his Father. Amen.
GNT
and made us a kingdom of priests to serve his God and Father. To Jesus Christ be the glory and power forever and ever! Amen.
HCSB
and made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—the glory and dominion are His forever and ever. Amen.
ICB
He made us to be a kingdom of priests who serve God his Father. To Jesus Christ be glory and power forever and ever! Amen.
ISV
and has made us a kingdom, priests for his God and Father, be glory and power forever and ever! Amen.
PHILLIPS
John, to the seven Churches in Asia: Grace and peace be to you from him who is and who was and who is coming, from the seven Spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, first-born of the dead, and ruler of kings upon earth. To him who loves us and has set us free from our sins through his own blood, who has made us a kingdom of priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and power for timeless ages, amen.

ASV
and he made us to be a kingdom, to be priests unto his God and Father; to him be the glory and the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
AMP
and formed us into a kingdom [as His subjects], priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the power and the majesty and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
AMPC
And formed us into a kingdom (a royal race), priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the power and the majesty and the dominion throughout the ages and forever and ever. Amen (so be it).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Yes, in His time, not our time.  I place my trust in His time far more than I do my ability, or any other persons ability, to understand prophecy.  Ever since the late 70's until a few years ago, I spent many hours trying to figure out what prophecy really means and whenever I thought I had it right, something else happened in life that made me step back and re-chart everything.  I am not discouraging those who want to know, just pointing out that spending all of ones time trying to figure it out is taking their eyes off His commandment to make disciples of all nations.  Seems people have stopped trying to show their neighbor who Jesus is and why He came.

In all honesty, and I believe you will agree, nobody will know if they are correct until prophecy is fulfilled. 

Hi OneLight,

Deja vous again ay bro. I certainly agree that we should be discipling others, as my `interest` column states, and to me that includes not only that Jesus saves us but that he saves us from judgment & that our inheritance is in the third heaven.

Now I quite understand that it is not profitable to spend large amounts of time trying to figure out prophecy. I believe that the Lord gave His teachers etc revelation of His word. It is then passed on to us the believers. We are to study His word, as he told us to & see what is true & what is false. Most people here on Worthy would have been taught by a `teacher` & some obviously are speaking the truth & others some error. Thus we discuss and become responsible ourselves to stand before the Lord `not ashamed,` but `rightly dividing the word of truth.` (2 Tim. 2: 15)

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

SimpleJeff 

Thank you for sharing all those translations, I had no idea there were that many different kinds! Pretty cool. 

I guess I forgot about how the Holy Spirit is the Helper who will help us learn truth. 

I really shouldn't care much, but getting a good picture of the coming kingdom helps me when Im daydreaming. Lol! When Im out on a run i like to daydream about the rapture and new Jerusalem etc. Maybe Im weird ha ha!

Thank you guys for your input, either way we will be with Him always!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

More than anything, perhaps,  who is the shepherd today (as always) ? 

Whose voice do the sheep listen to ?

Very few remember this(if they ever even once knew this experientially), or realize this anywhere, even in 'chruches' that have been or become businesses or part of the one world church.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  1,684
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

We should study and understand Bible prophecy. God gave it to us so we would not be in the dark about His plans for our future.

And as for any kind of separation between Jews and the Church in His plan is refuted by Ephesians 2:11-18 and Galatians 3:26-29

2 Peter 1:19-21 ...you will do well to attend to the messages of the prophets, their words shine like a lamp in a dark place. But first note this; no prophesy is a matter for private interpretation. The prophets spoke by the Holy Spirit, as messengers of God.

We cannot make up our own interpretation. We must let the Bible interpret itself. Others should be able to compare Scriptures for proof and verification.    With the world situation as it is now, we can see how some prophecy may be fulfilled.

The Apostle Paul says that due to a believer’s knowledge of prophecy, they are not in darkness regarding things to come. 1 Thess 5:1-12 This accounts for the inability of the multitudes to understand what is written, for they do not belong to the group which Paul calls the children of Light. Without faith, an unbeliever is unable to comprehend its meaning.

1 Corinthians 14:22b….prophecy is given for not for unbelievers, but for believers.

Because the Church and its leaders generally ignore the prophetic word, they are blind to the meaning of the signs of the times. This is one reason so many have turned away from the acceptance of the Word of God and multitudes are today without belief. Even true and faithful believers in God, generally have no real idea of future events. They simply trust God to save them, which is all very well, but shows a careless attitude and treats a large portion of God’s word as superfluous.

God’s purpose in allowing uncertainty as to the full meaning and understanding of prophecy, before its fulfilment, is because all people- despite skepticism and unbelief, would be compelled to accept the evidence of the revelation. The doubters are looking for a sign- no sign will be given them, but those who walk by faith will finally see and recognize prophecy coming to pass as predicted.

Earnest and sincere discussion of the prophetic word should bring spiritual stimulation and strengthen our faith. We need to know what the prophets have said, so that we can be in a position to use that information intelligently and not be surprised at what will happen.

Prophecy has not been given to men to make them prophets, but for the purpose of confirming God’s word and thus enable everyone who walks by faith, to know the truth.

Daniel 12:9-10 ....these words are to be kept secret and sealed until the time of the end.

....but the wicked will continue in wickedness and none of them will understand; only the wise leaders will understand.

Commentaries say: The wicked are the rebellious.  The wise are the teachers or leaders. And those who do teach and lead, must be really sure they are right, because they face a more severe judgement. James 3:1