zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I talked to a friend who is into out of body magic and she claimed that she had out of body divination that proved the bible wrong.How can I explain to my friend that out of body divination is a lie?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

She might be in that cult (line of thought) that used to teach the anti christ will use quantum phychics to go to alternet realities to convert everyone from human to alien.....  

Usually there's no way to convince them,  until they realize they've been completely duped and also IF they want to learn the truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, zorgblar said:

I talked to a friend who is into out of body magic and she claimed that she had out of body divination that proved the bible wrong.How can I explain to my friend that out of body divination is a lie?

Sorry but when someone feels very special and gifted when they are in these situations , is not easy to make them humble . They call it feeling "grandiose", with all the respect for your friend, but I will still pray for her, who knows the future. 

Thank you for you , 

I discovered the more one gains when could be involved in those things and they do not do. 

I found out that the Lord Jesus Christ rewards those who, could but they stay away from those things,.  

The Devil promises, power and gifts, to make someone feel very special, and have a sense of superiority. 

" you must loose something to gain something". 

God bless 

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I went through this with my cousin for about 20 yrs. I don't know if it's a lie, it may be something certain people can really do. But it's definitely not Biblical and I consider it dangerous. Chances are your friend doesn't believe Satan nor God is even real. How can you convince her she's playing with the devil when she doesn't think he's real. If I was you I'd walk away from this friend bc light and darkness have nothing in common. My cousin was more like a brother and that was why I couldn't walk away from him. We were born 3 months apart and lived in the same building from birth until 6. We were always close. But in our 30's I turned to Jesus and he turned to spirituality. He had an aire of superiority. He spoke about humility and being humble but you couldn't find it with a magnifying glass. Finally he died an early death. I'm always going to miss him. If I can make 1 person learn something from what happened to him maybe he didn't die in vain.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows."- Paul in a letter to the church at Corinth.

And separately (Emphasized to not use out of context) within that same  letter:

..."what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.  And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds." Again  from Paul tho the church at Corinth 

From which I suggest for consideration;   telling a friend that their experience is not real will not bear much good fruit. Because; to them as it was to Paul in his experience,- it happened.

The issue is why, and by whom, has it happened.

The perceived (as fact ) happening of it to a friend, least in their mind it has happened, is  evidence for  the word of the Bible, and  not evidence of the Bible being false, for Paul has referenced it and also shared that Satan immitates God.

We have similar issues do we not?- when we entertain the thoughts about the gifts  from the Holy Spirit, and whether they are real  or not real and are for us today or not for us today. Some seem to experience what is very real  others seem to force an imitation of what might be gifts. We bear little good fruit when we argue endlessly about the existence of a gift  to one experiencing them. We might better find way to discern the source of the gift, and whether it is of God  or  a deception of satan imitating what is of God.

So- I think if  I were faced with a friend having such  a mindset I would not abandon the friend. I would ask if we might engage in seeing if the Bible might  prove itself worthy of study, and  whether it seems inspired of God, emphasizing the one statement of Paul,  and suggesting that if that one statement seems true that  further reading of Paul may be fruitful too. I hope I would engage not retreat from my friend.

Again just, stated for consideration, may God lead you to paths clear, and cleared smooth for you in such matters. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

23 hours ago, zorgblar said:

An out of body experience will not give us truth or knowledge. I would give it no more importance than a dream. Satan is out there wanting to deceive many. I would be very aware of that.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

You won't be able to explain why it is wrong until she is ready to except the gospel and fully believe it. We are not able to make anyone believe. She has to make that choice on her own and for herself. No one else can make the decision for Christ for her. All you can do is pray that the holy spirit will open her eyes to her true condition and soften her heart for the gospel.

Not a good idea to hang around someone who is into psychic's, witchcraft and such, because there is the propensity to tolerate what they are doing and make compromises with sinfulness. She has the knowledge of the gospel, now it is up to her to make the choice or not. No amount of nagging or pleading on your part is going to change her mind. Only the Lord is able to convince a person of their situation.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 3/30/2017 at 5:36 PM, zorgblar said:

It was probably at most,  a dream,   she had herself,  though the power of the enemy over her is apparent.   Anything that she claims proves the BIBLE wrong of course is as a source of the enemy(the devil or demon),  or of the flesh,  opposed to YHWH. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

It was probably at most,  a dream,   she had herself,  though the power of the enemy over her is apparent.   Anything that she claims proves the BIBLE wrong of course is as a source of the enemy(the devil or demon),  or of the flesh,  opposed to YHWH. 

I understand your concern and why you need to make those comments. 

But to make the claim , this is just a dream, it is not truth.

perhaps you did not have someone close to you coming out of it and following JESUS .

How can you help someone who is involved in those things to come out, and follow Jesus, if you are telling them it is just a dream, when they know it is not.