HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Many times I have wondered when seeing snakes in the wild and then seeing them handled and sometimes loved by men as pets, but hated by me. I kill them when ever I come across any. I remember how the snake once walked and talked with Adam and Eve in the garden and then made a pact with Satan to deceive man.

I often wonder, seeing the snake was able to walk and talk, attributes taken away from him by God because of what he did, and the fact that the snake will remain cursed even during the Millennium when the curse is removed from all other animals.

Do snakes, although now not able to walk and talk as before the fall, do they still have the ability to think, reason, make decisions, and even hate mankind as Satan does? This is not the first time something like this has happened. Thoughts anyone?

Video footage shows gruesome moment missing man is cut out of giant python’s body
March 30, 20171:27pm.

WARNING: VERY Graphic content and images.

SHOCKING details are coming to light over the discovery of a man swallowed by a giant reticulated python.
A man who went missing in a remote Indonesian village on the island of West Sulawesi on Sunday night has been found inside a seven-metre-long python.
Footage released by Viral Press shows the horrifying moment 25-year-old harvester Akbar Salubiro’s body was reportedly cut out of the giant snake’s belly.
“This probably attacked from behind,” a villager told Tribun Timur.
The Timur said the snake weighed 158 kilograms, almost four times the body weight of its victim.

*** The video it too graphic for this site.  I removed the link.  OneLight ***

Guest BacKaran

I read that, so sad. But sharks.... Do they think it they just attack cuz  it's their nature? I like garter snakes, small, non lethal and again, small! ?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Sorry I can not view the video for fear that I would have nightmares for a month :blink:

funnysnakes0001_O.jpg

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, missmuffet said:

:blink:

funnysnakes0001_O.jpg

Oh MM, you crack me up!!!!:laugh:

Guest shiloh357

According to survival experts I have read and viewed, snakes are defensive animals.  Most snake bites come from people who tried to handle snakes. 

Don't touch them, leave them alone and most of the time, you have nothing to worry about.  They will not attack you.

60% of snake bites by venomous snakes are not venomous.  It takes a lot of work for snakes to make venom and they mostly use it when they are biting an animal for food. They will often bite without injecting venom. You will know in 10 min or so if it was venomous.  So run to the car even before you know if it is venomous or not and head to the ER. 

And they said that the only first aid for a snake bit is a set of car keys.   These snake bite kits are a waste of money.  You cannot extract the venom in any meaningful way.  If you get bit in the leg from a snake and it injects venom, the venom travels through your veins capillaries and and spreads through the leg.  All you can do is get to the ER and get the anti-venom.   Don't use a tourniquet to stop the venom.   You will only drive the venom deeper into the tissue and end up "killing" your leg and that will result in amputation.

Guest Judas Machabeus
2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I remember how the snake once walked and talked with Adam and Eve in the garden and then made a pact with Satan to deceive man.

It's been awhile since I read genesis. But I don't remember the snake walking with Adam and Eve or making a pact with the devil. 

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I often wonder, seeing the snake was able to walk and talk, attributes taken away from him by God because of what he did

I'm sorry, I need clarification. Do you believe that snakes talked and walked??

--------------

lots of animals eat people every year. It's called the food chain/ circle of life. Bigger animals eat smaller animals. Not because of hate but because:

1. They're hungry

2. That animal they are about to eat fits in their mouth. Or they can kill it and eat it a bit at a time

Edited by Judas Machabeus

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

22 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

It's been awhile since I read genesis. But I don't remember the snake walking with Adam and Eve or making a pact with the devil. 

I'm sorry, I need clarification. Do you believe that snakes talked and walked??

Have you ever considered Genesis 3:14-15? 

So the Lord God said to the serpent:

Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.

And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

I agree scripture does not say what the serpent had, be it wings, legs, or many legs, but God did place the curse on them all, "On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life."  Seems to me that in order to be placed on their belly, they had to once be above the ground, off their belly.

As far as talking, did the snake speak to Eve or not?

Guest Judas Machabeus
13 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Have you ever considered Genesis 3:14-15? 

Because you have done this,
And you shall eat dust

And I will put enmity

I agree scripture does not say what the serpent had, be it wings, legs, or many legs, but God did place the curse on them all, "On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life."  Seems to me that in order to be placed on their belly, they had to once be above the ground, off their belly.

As far as talking, did the snake speak to Eve or not?

Well it also says he will eat dust. So how does one go about picking and choosing which part of the sentence is literal and which isn't.

plus hazards statement was a very broad one. He claimed all snakes walked and talked. 

I don't believe the beginning of Genesis is a historical book. I don't really argue with those that believe a talking snake came to eve and had a extensive conversation with her. 

But again Hazard seems to imply that all snakes talked AND that this particular snake seemed to be hanging out with Adam and Eve and that it wasn't the devil but made a pact with the devil. 

I'm not an expert on Genesis but I don't recall that part either. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Just now, Judas Machabeus said:

Well it also says he will eat dust. So how does one go about picking and choosing which part of the sentence is literal and which isn't.

plus hazards statement was a very broad one. He claimed all snakes walked and talked. 

I don't believe the beginning of Genesis is a historical book. I don't really argue with those that believe a talking snake came to eve and had a extensive conversation with her. 

But again Hazard seems to imply that all snakes talked AND that this particular snake seemed to be hanging out with Adam and Eve and that it wasn't the devil but made a pact with the devil. 

I'm not an expert on Genesis but I don't recall that part either. 

When one slithers on the ground, dust will be what they eat most!  If you don't believe Genesis 1-3 is literal, then nothing we say will ever be accepted.

Here is the whole chapter.  Sounds pretty literal to me!

The Temptation and Fall of Man

Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’”

Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.

And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.

Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”

So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”

And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”

Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”

And the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

“Because you have done this,
And you shall eat dust
And I will put enmity

To the woman He said:

“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be for your husband,
And he shall rule over you.”

Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’:

“Cursed is the ground for your sake;
In toil you shall eat of it
Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you,
And you shall eat the herb of the field.
In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread
Till you return to the ground,
For out of it you were taken;
For dust you are,
And to dust you shall return.”

And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.

Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I think man has an instinctive fear of snakes and it was put in us by the Creator.  I love animals but, when I have encountered snakes on my property, I have killed them; two so far.  I always carry a hoe or machete if I'm among the trees; we have lots of snakes down here. My son does the same and killed a big rattler in his back yard a couple of years ago.