• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

19 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

It's sad thing. It has to be coming from Satan himself. Satan always wants to change God's plans and ways. God made male and female. But I am against hating a deluded person. Show only Christ love towards anyone caught into this. It's a part of the falling away. 

I am against hating them too; I don't know how they got the way they are but I feel compassion for them.  There is no way for trans people to live normally in this world.  This is why so many commit suicide.  It's just awful.

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, Tea Ess said:

Or maybe trans people just want to use the bathroom for their gender without being harassed or assaulted? Most of them are just normal people with the same basic needs and desires as everyone else. It's not some nefarious scheme like this book author is making it out to be. 

No, trans people are not normal.   And while they have the same basic needs and desires, the problem is how they feel those needs and desires should be fulfilled.  

One can look in a mirror and see the reality of their gender.   When a person cannot adapt to reality, that person is usually said to have a mental disorder.    Trans-anything is not rational, it is not based on reality, but on how a person feels.   Feelings are not adequate or accurate barometers of reality. 

Some people have started feeling that they are the wrong gender, the wrong race and the wrong species.  30 years ago, this would have been rightfully seen as a series of mental disorders.   These people don't need to be normalized, mainstreamed, coddled or accommodated.  They need to be told the truth and they need Jesus to deliver them from this perversion.

And yes it is a nefarious scheme.   The traditional, biblical family has been under attack for a very long time.  It is the bedrock of our society and modern liberals are coming after the family with a virulent hatred of the family and what it represents.  Attempts to redefine what a family is, have been numerous.

True Christians will see just how wrong all of this is and do their part to bring the light of the Gospel to these poor, misled, deceived people.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

29 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I am against hating them too; I don't know how they got the way they are but I feel compassion for them.  There is no way for trans people to live normally in this world.  This is why so many commit suicide.  It's just awful.

That's good Morning Glory. From reading your posts I knew you are a person of compassion. I once was on a grey hound bus and there was a guy about 20 ish. Who talked to me and my daughter he was dress as a women. He told us about his life with others who lived with him and they all were trans gender. He seemed like a very sweet person. And I thought to myself I am almost tempted to accept that this is OK for him because he was so nice. Instead I should pray that God frees anyone caught in that trap of bondage. But we have to show there a true path of righteousness instead of living in darkness. I also think they were abuse in there lives. So many have been abuse as children and in there teens . They are pulled to think wrong things. Sort of driven to find something to make them cope with the harm they endured.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

1 hour ago, BacKaran said:

...These comments drive me nuts, MG. See the evil creeping in, these people are normal? No, they are any thing but normal and they will do what they can to get God out of the world. Why would a born again Christian say such a thing? That's right, they wouldn't ?

How many have gotten surgery? None that I've heard of so far.

Well, I'm a born again Christian, and I hold an opinion that's different than yours. 

There's a fairly wide variety of surgeries trans people can pursue, many of which deal with feminization or masculinization of the face, chest reduction/augmentation, and of course SRS or sex reassignment surgery, which is what people usually associate with trans people.

These surgeries cost thousands of dollars, and they can be difficult to afford, especially since trans people are more likely to be homeless and often deal with discrimination in the workplace, even to the point of being fired for no reason other than being transgender. SRS is  the most expensive, costing about $20,000 for the  hospital, anesthesia, and surgery. It's also difficult to get, since trans people must show two letters from licensed therapists proving they are experiencing gender disphoria and that the surgery would improve their quality of life. On top of this, they must also show they've been taking the appropriate hormones for the gender they're transitioning to. Finally, there are very few doctors able and willing to perform SRS, and I've been told the waiting lists can be years long. 

SRS is a very personal decision, and whether or not a person gets it is dependent on their health, finances, and experience with gender disphoria. Some people are affected more by their outward presentation and don't care as much about SRS. Others want to get it but can't afford to. Overall, it's something that's up to the individual, and really doesn't have to be our concern, unless we're that person's doctor or significant other. 

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

The first step in loving them is calling them by the names they prefer. 

You're right in saying that many trans people commit suicide, but I think you've been misled about the cause. According to the National Transgender Discriminstion Survey, 41% of trans people have attempted suicide. The leading causes are sexual assault, physical assault, harassment in school, and job loss due to bias. 1 in 5 trans kids suffer abuse from their own families due to their gender identity. 

The best ways to reduce suicide rates among trans people are familial acceptance and physical transition, to lessen or get rid of the disphoria. 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

The first step in loving them is calling them by the names they prefer. 

No, the first step in loving them, is telling them the truth about who they are and what the Bible says they are.   Keeping someone comfortable in their sin, enabling them to remain in their sin isn't love.    Not telling them the truth is just a matter of taking them by the hand and leading them to hell.

You're right in saying that many trans people commit suicide, but I think you've been misled about the cause. According to the National Transgender Discriminstion Survey, 41% of trans people have attempted suicide. The leading causes are sexual assault, physical assault, harassment in school, and job loss due to bias. 1 in 5 trans kids suffer abuse from their own families due to their gender identity. 

That is what happens when people respond to the transgender issue in the unregenerate flesh and not with the Gospel. 

The best ways to reduce suicide rates among trans people are familial acceptance and physical transition, to lessen or get rid of the disphoria. 

No, the best way is to give them the Gospel and lead them to Jesus.   The last thing we should do is accept their abnormality and perversion.   That is where their problem starts.   The worst thing to ever happen to transgender people are those who want to sing them to sleep and keep them in sin and headed to Hell.   That is the most cruel thing anyone could ever do.

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

Well, I'm a born again Christian, and I hold an opinion that's different than yours. 

The position that espouses acceptance of transgenderism isn't Christian, in the biblical defintion of what being a Christian is.   Christians operate according to Scripture and Scripture does not affirm   transgenderism at all.

Guest Teditis

IDK, this whole subject confuses the heck out of me. It just seems like the answers aren't so easy to identify.

I think that Trans-Genders have the right to exist and "do their thing"... I don't like it and know that God doesn't

approve of it either, but hey this is America and people have been afforded certain rights.

Now I don't want a woman who is in the process of being changed into a male, inside the Men's Room while I'm

utilizing it... nor vice-versa, a man in transition inside the Ladies room. But still, I think I would feel awkward if a

guy in full-drag came into the Men's Room, too. It's gets me thinking that they need a separate bathroom all together.

But I also understand how that would put unfair hardship on businesses and institutions as well.

So I'm flustered about the whole thing.

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Normal people?  I'm sorry but I can't see anything normal about a man thinking God made a mistake and he's really a woman....or vice versa.  I feel sorry for these people and don't know what happens to make them as they are, but I DO believe it's a mental illness. The suicide rate among 'transgenders' is through the roof. They shouldn't be persecuted or harmed in any way but people should use the bathroom that matches their anatomy.  If they have had the surgery to change their anatomy then no one would know the difference anyway....except God.  Bottom line...anatomical males do NOT belong in women's restrooms...and vice versa on that too.

Gender disphoria is classified as a mental disorder, but being transgendered is not a mental disorder or illness, according to every major US psychological organization. 

I feel sorry for them too, so I'm glad we can at least sympathize with their difficult situation. It's also good we can both condemn the high rates of assault against trans people. As I noted earlier, sexual and physical assault are the leading causes of attempted suicide among the trans population. 

I understand your desire for people to use the bathroom that corresponds with their anatomy, but how does that work in practice? 

A trans person could be on a wait list for SRS and outwardly pass as a man, for example, so using the women's restroom would probably freak people out, not to mention make the trans person feel incredibly uncomfortable. And although rare, there are intersex people who were born with both sets of genitalia, so sorting people into bathrooms by anatomy definitely wouldn't work for them. Finally, how would the anatomy rule be enforced? Post a guard at the bathroom door to check? 

17 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, the first step in loving them, is telling them the truth about who they are and what the Bible says they are.   Keeping someone comfortable in their sin, enabling them to remain in their sin isn't love.    Not telling them the truth is just a matter of taking them by the hand and leading them to hell.

That is what happens when people respond to the transgender issue in the unregenerate flesh and not with the Gospel. 

Calling them by their dead name is just going to make them turn off of your message entirely. Jesus'a first words to the Samaritan woman weren't "you are a horrible sinner who will burn in hell." Regardless of how it's intended, trans people perceive this as hatred against them and frequently leave Christianity altogether. 

Have you ever experienced   gender disphoria? It's a physiological problem, and the best means we have to treat it are physical. Telling trans people to just seek the Gospel is like telling a cancer patient to abandon their treatment and just accept the Gospel.