IGNORED

Internet shocked to hear VP Pence won't dine alone with a woman other than his wife

MorningGlory

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Well, I have noticed that a lot of days are slow news days apparently.  If all the haters have to rant about is stuff like this, they are really pathetic.  Need to get up to speed on what's actually going on in the world instead of nit picking everything the Trump/Pence administration does.  Like Melania's portrait, Ivanka's jewelry, Jared Kushner's instagam.....air headed stuff like that.

Who was actually shocked by this? The article makes no sense. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

27 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Having a meal with a co-worker or a friend is not evil....
and only gives the appearance of evil....

to those who tend to fall under the true sin of gossip....
or have too much time on their hands....

:mgdetective:

So Beloved You Would Disagree And Argue With

Abstain from all appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22 (American King James Version)

The Whole Council Of The LORD

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (English Standard Version)

Just To Falsely Accuse

A scoundrel plots evil, and on their lips it is like a scorching fire. Proverbs 16:27 (New International Version)

The V.P.

A troublemaker plants seeds of strife; gossip separates the best of friends. Proverbs 16:28 (New Living Translation

Humm....

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

36 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

Abstain from all appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22 (American King James Version)

No, I would disagree and argue with the idea that having a meal with a woman other than you wife gives an evil appearance.

Just To Falsely Accuse

A scoundrel plots evil, and on their lips it is like a scorching fire. Proverbs 16:27 (New International Version)

The V.P.

A troublemaker plants seeds of strife; gossip separates the best of friends. Proverbs 16:28 (New Living Translation

Humm....

I did not accuse the VP of anything, I was speaking of those that would find evil in the sharing of a meal by two people of opposite genders. 

Guest shiloh357

42 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

The Whole Council Of The LORD

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (English Standard Version)

Just To Falsely Accuse

The V.P.

Humm....

Some men value their marriages more than others and will go the extra mile to prove it.   There is a reason that the Bible tells to avoid every appearance of evil.   It's easy to tell who the Christians are.

My wife would probably get upset if I had such an antiquated rule as this meal rule. She has always preferred we treat both men and women equally.  But to some I guess that is not a very Christian thing to do. 

Personally to each their own concerning this, I still fail to see where the internet shock and the ridicule of Pence is coming from. 

Guest shiloh357

It is admirable that a man honors his wife in such a way, that his marriage is more important to him than even being vice president.  That is uncommon in the DC.   It's great to see a Christian man standing up for real, Christian, family values.   The Liberals find fault with it, which tells the moral constitution of his critics.  Anyone who could find any fault in this is lacks a truly Christian moral compass.

A man honors his wife by having a relationship strong enough that neither incidental contact with a member of the opposite gender nor the gossip of idle lips are a problem for them.  

A true Christian moral compass treats all people equally, they do not discriminate due to gender.

52 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It is admirable that a man honors his wife in such a way, that his marriage is more important to him than even being vice president.  That is uncommon in the DC.   It's great to see a Christian man standing up for real, Christian, family values.   The Liberals find fault with it, which tells the moral constitution of his critics.  Anyone who could find any fault in this is lacks a truly Christian moral compass.

Show me where anyone is finding fault with it?

6 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

Show me where anyone is finding fault with it?

He is speaking of me, he just won't say so.  It is one of those passive aggressive maneuvers.

While I support his freedom to to do this, I find the reasoning to be faulty and to be based upon a sexist attitude.