IGNORED

Internet shocked to hear VP Pence won't dine alone with a woman other than his wife

MorningGlory

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

He is speaking of me, he just won't say so.  It is one of those passive aggressive maneuvers.

While I support his freedom to to do this, I find the reasoning to be faulty and to be based upon a sexist attitude.

I'm still looking for the internet shock that the article is speaking about.  I have seen no such nor actual concern that Pence wont dine alone with another woman. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I find it amazing that a man's free choice to show his wife respect is ridiculed at all. But to interject the idea that it is an offense to equality is a reach to levy insult. What a shame. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, ruck1b said:

I'm still looking for the internet shock that the article is speaking about.  I have seen no such nor actual concern that Pence wont dine alone with another woman. 

There were a dozen or two tweets about it, I guess that is what they consider a "shock". 

Just now, Danger Noodle said:

I find it amazing that a man's free choice to show his wife respect is ridiculed at all. But to interject the idea that it is an offense to equality is a reach to levy insult. What a shame. 

I agree it should not be ridiculed, it is his choice.  But that does not mean one has to agree with the logic behind it

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

Show me where anyone is finding fault with it?

Oh the media is mocking him about it incessantly about. And the same thing is on social media.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03/30/liberals-attack-mike-pence-for-being-faithful-to-his-wife/

https://twitter.com/ClaraJeffery/status/847199851733434369

They call him sexist:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/mike-pence-and-the-sexism-of-the-billy-graham-rule/521328/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-pence-is-why-we-have-to-stop-excusing-religious_us_58de92d9e4b0ca889ba1a567

So the liberals think that Mike Pence, because he goes the extra mile, to honor his wife is "sexist."   It is completely absurd and shows the damaged, warped moral compass of the liberals that honor one's marriage vows is now sexist.   The enemy is tearing apart the family and as you can see, now many are in league with him in it.  

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

How does honoring his marriage suddenly mean that he views women as second class citizens? 

He is actually honoring the marriage covenant for others as well.  I am sure that other men and women, who are not liberal, lesbian feminists are appreciative that in honor HIS marital covenant, he is also honoring theirs, as well.   Most men would not like another man eating dinner alone their wives.   Most women would not want their husband eating alone with another woman.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

How does honoring his marriage suddenly mean that he views women as second class citizens? 

He is actually honoring the marriage covenant for others as well.  I am sure that other men and women, who are not liberal, lesbian feminists are appreciative that in honor HIS marital covenant, he is also honoring theirs, as well.   Most men would not like another man eating dinner alone their wives.   Most women would not want their husband eating alone with another woman.  

Great question. :) One that VP Pence's detractors would likely have a hard time answering soberly and without venom. 

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Spoken like someone who has never been married.

Just now, Danger Noodle said:

Great question. :) One that VP Pence's detractors would likely have a hard time answering soberly and without venom. 

It is not hard at all.  There is nothing in the marriage convent about eating dinner with a member of the opposite gender.   It all comes down to trust and the level of the relationship.  If a man or woman has an issue with their spouse having meal with a member of the opposite gender, then there are deeper trust issues in the marriage that need to be addressed. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

22 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

It is not hard at all.  There is nothing in the marriage convent about eating dinner with a member of the opposite gender.   It all comes down to trust and the level of the relationship.  If a man or woman has an issue with their spouse having meal with a member of the opposite gender, then there are deeper trust issues in the marriage that need to be addressed. 

Weird my post disappeared. 

I personally wont be eating dinner with another woman alone, but then again I'm not in a business where I may have to.  I have had lunch with female coworkers and don't have an issue with that.  However I think this ridiculous that anyone would find an issue with him doing this.  It is petty and downright childish.  None of us know his reasoning for this so its silly at the end of the day.  As far as the internet shock and ridicule, lets not exaggerate this.  For the few  hundred people that had something to say about it there millions more that don't really care.  Let's stop making mountains out of molehills.