IGNORED

How many Kingdoms are there? One, Two or even more?

Limey_Bob

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” (Luke 23:42, KJV).

The repentant thief asks Jesus to remember him when he came into his kingdom, please notice that this noun is a singular. To which Jesus replies that today (that very day), the thief would accompany Christ in his kingdom, which he called "paradise" implying that at that very time God’s kingdom was then a present event, Christ ruling over both the faithful dead saints, as well as his faithful servants then living upon the earth. So notice that the thief assumes, and Christ's reply accepts, that there is only one single Kingdom, over which the thief hopes, and Christ then confirms that he will then become a part of this single Kingdom. Christ didn't tell the thief that there are actually two different kingdoms, as in some more extreme dispensational theology; firstly the Kingdom of God and secondly the Kingdom of Heaven, and that Christ will place him into one of these two (plural) kingdoms. There is only one Kingdom! My theology is on the whole mostly covenant theology (reformed). I mean no disrespect to the dispensationalists, but can those of the more extreme flavour prove their claim to multiple Kingdoms?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎2‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:51 PM, Limey_Bob said:

42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” (Luke 23:42, KJV).

The repentant thief asks Jesus to remember him when he came into his kingdom, please notice that this noun is a singular. To which Jesus replies that today (that very day), the thief would accompany Christ in his kingdom, which he called "paradise" implying that at that very time God’s kingdom was then a present event, Christ ruling over both the faithful dead saints, as well as his faithful servants then living upon the earth. So notice that the thief assumes, and Christ's reply accepts, that there is only one single Kingdom, over which the thief hopes, and Christ then confirms that he will then become a part of this single Kingdom. Christ didn't tell the thief that there are actually two different kingdoms, as in some more extreme dispensational theology; firstly the Kingdom of God and secondly the Kingdom of Heaven, and that Christ will place him into one of these two (plural) kingdoms. There is only one Kingdom! My theology is on the whole mostly covenant theology (reformed). I mean no disrespect to the dispensationalists, but can those of the more extreme flavour prove their claim to multiple Kingdoms?

Hi Limey_Bob,

Actually there are multiple kingdoms.

The kingdom of God is over all.

Then there is the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ, the kingdom of the Heavenlies, the kingdoms of this World.

I will be doing a series on `Kingdoms,` on my blog soon. Great topic to be explored.

Marilyn.

Marilyn, can you offer me any PROOF in support of your claim, here and now on this post?

48 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

Marilyn, can you offer me any PROOF in support of your claim, here and now on this post?

Hi Limey_Bob,

God`s great kingdom (rule) is over all.

`Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,..`(Ps. 145: 13)

Kingdom – Heb. word `malkuth,` meaning a rule, a dominion.

Now we know that -

`..by Him (Christ) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1: 16)

Now when God created the heavens and the earth, He established different realms with positions of authority – the third heaven, the Universe & the earth. These are all within God`s great kingdom rule and were established by the Lord Jesus Christ,

God is not the author of confusion; everything He does is ordered and controlled. The divine pattern of the heavenlies will survive time, into eternity. It will not be changed, only those which exercise authority in each realm.

There is a descending order of authority instituted – heaven and earth, involving thrones, dominions, principalities and powers.

These different authority positions have different names -

- the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ, (His seat of power & authority)

- the kingdom of the heavenlies, (plural) meaning the universe where the stars are & the atmospheric heaven above us.

- the kingdoms of this world.

Marilyn.

7 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Limey_Bob,

God`s great kingdom (rule) is over all.

`Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,..`(Ps. 145: 13)

Now we know that -

`..by Him (Christ) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1: 16)

Now when God created the heavens and the earth, He established different realms with positions of authority – the third heaven, the Universe & the earth. These are all within God`s great kingdom rule and were established by the Lord Jesus Christ,

God is not the author of confusion; everything He does is ordered and controlled. The divine pattern of the heavenlies will survive time, into eternity. It will not be changed, only those which exercise authority in each realm.

There is a descending order of authority instituted – heaven and earth, involving thrones, dominions, principalities and powers.

These different authority positions have different names -

- the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ, (His seat of power & authority)

- the kingdom of the heavenlies, (plural) meaning the universe where the stars are & the atmospheric heaven above us.

- the kingdoms of this world.

Marilyn.

Marilyn, we are at cross purposes. My understand of certain words is different and I am using them differently to you. Unless we both understand the others terminology, then any dialogue is simply impossible and we would be wasting our time. if you wish to dialogue with me then you need to put to put the effort into making an attempt to understand me, otherwise by our speaking past each other, genuine dialogue is simply impossible between us.

Edited by Limey_Bob

1 minute ago, Limey_Bob said:

Marilyn, we are at cross purposes. My understand of certain words is different and I am using them differently to you. Unless we both understand the others terminology, then any dialogue is simply impossible and we would be wasting our time. if you wish to dialogue with me then you need to put to put the effort into making an attempt to understand me, otherwise by our speaking past each other, genuine dialogue is simply impossible between us.

Hi Bob,

I agree. I`ve just said that on your other thread. Now you also need to point out what you think I am not understanding.

Marilyn.

Marilyn, believe me, this is complicate and I very much doubt that I have got everything ABSOLUTELY 100% correct, I am definitely open to criticism and to your excellent insights correcting or provoking me, as iron sharpens iron. So thank you for your posts and help.

Robert (Limey)

13 hours ago, Limey_Bob said:

Marilyn, believe me, this is complicate and I very much doubt that I have got everything ABSOLUTELY 100% correct, I am definitely open to criticism and to your excellent insights correcting or provoking me, as iron sharpens iron. So thank you for your posts and help.

Robert (Limey)

Hi Bob,

Thank you for those kind words. Now I have been using the words of scripture as to `kingdoms,` so what do you say to those.

As to the `kingdom` the Lord said to the thief on the cross, it was the kingdom spoken of by the OT prophets. The rulership of God to those who turned to Him - the earth & the `city` in the heavenlies. The Apostle Paul had revelation from the Lord as to another realm that Christ will be king of - the third heaven.

regards, Marilyn.

Hello Marilyn, I have been giving some thought to your words, and I will try to clarify my thoughts on this, although it is a complicated subject and for me this is  still a work in progress. On reflection I'd see two kingdoms; the Kingdom of God / Christ and then secondly Satan's kingdom. So ignoring Satan and his Kingdom, I'd believe that God only has one Kingdom, for remember that male and female, bound and free, rich and poor we are all one in Christ (Galatians 3:28). This means that God has one Kingdom, when Christ said to the thief on the cross that he would be with him in paradise, the conversation was over the (SINGULAR)  kingdom: "he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” (Luke 23:42, KJV). if there were several kingdoms, Christ would have said to him, oh you're going into such and such a Kingdom, as there are several. Sorry if I was a bit sharp in earlier posts Marilyn. I am an OLD grouchy at times!!   Robert (Limey)

33 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

Hello Marilyn, I have been giving some thought to your words, and I will try to clarify my thoughts on this, although it is a complicated subject and for me this is  still a work in progress. On reflection I'd see two kingdoms; the Kingdom of God / Christ and then secondly Satan's kingdom. So ignoring Satan and his Kingdom, I'd believe that God only has one Kingdom, for remember that male and female, bound and free, rich and poor we are all one in Christ (Galatians 3:28). This means that God has one Kingdom, when Christ said to the thief on the cross that he would be with him in paradise, the conversation was over the (SINGULAR)  kingdom: "he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” (Luke 23:42, KJV). if there were several kingdoms, Christ would have said to him, oh you're going into such and such a Kingdom, as there are several. Sorry if I was a bit sharp in earlier posts Marilyn. I am an OLD grouchy at times!!   Robert (Limey)

Hi Limey_Bob,

Aren`t we all.... Now the Lord wouldn`t say to the thief concerning other realms & their kingdoms as that hadn`t been revealed & wasn`t to be revealed until the Lord gave Paul the revelation of the Body of Christ & also their part in God`s great Kingdom. I think if you use the word `rule` which is part of its meaning, then it would help. 

So as I see it in scripture God`s kingdom rule is over all. I think you would agree with me there. Then we have the kingdoms of the world becoming the kingdoms of the Lord, (Rev. 11: 15). So right there we have different rulerships within God`s great kingdom.

Now I am saying there are other rulerships in God`s great Kingdom - in the New Jerusalem & in the third heaven.

Thus we have different rulerships over realms (dominions, kingdoms) all to come under the Lordship of Jesus, & with God`s rule, His kingdom encompassing it all.

Hope that is explanatory. Marilyn.