IGNORED

Is Maryology Idolatry?

Spock

Guest Judas Machabeus
5 hours ago, Spock said:

I wonder why Judas didn't want to chime in on his thoughts about the Fatimas apparitions.

I do have a life outside this form, next time quote one of my posts so I get an email notification. Also your comment was only 5 hours ago. Please give me a bit more time to respond lol

Cheers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Judas Machabeus said:

A small correction, the apparitions have not been on going for 100 years. It's the 100th anniversary of the first apparition. 

The Fatima apparition like all apparitions are private Revelation and Catholics are not obligated to accept them or even believe them. 

As for my thoughts on Fatima, well on the day the sun "danced" in the sky there were eye witness that were Catholic and non-Catholic. I believe there was even an atheist reporter that witnessed the miracle and wrote about it. 

If someone wants to believer or not believe, I have no problem with either. As for me I believe it happened. The miracle of the sun was witnessed by thousands of people and dried up hours and hours of rain and mud in a matter of minutes. 

cheers and God Bless

Thanks. You would love my brother. Cheers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I do have a life outside this form, next time quote one of my posts so I get an email notification. Also your comment was only 5 hours ago. Please give me a bit more time to respond lol

Cheers

Five hours plus one day. I posted that yesterday.

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 minute ago, Spock said:

Five hours plus one day. I posted that yesterday.

Doesn't change anything, if you want a response in less than 24 hours than quote me so I get a notification. Twice you commented that I hadn't responded. If I don't know your post is there I'm not going to be able to respond. 

As for your brother, I'm sure we'd get along well spiritually. 

Cheers

Guest Judas Machabeus
34 minutes ago, Davida said:

I'm sorry ahead of time for offending but I have to tell you the truth about this  Judas.

Almost stopped reading your post at this point. Too many other posters here have to use inflamitory language to get the point across that they disagree. I'm not interested in conversing with those that choose that method. 

Gladly you did not fall into this category and I'm glad I read on. 

37 minutes ago, Davida said:

God doesn't send "apparitions" which add to HIS Word.

Can you tell me what was added to His word in Fatima, because you may be surprised to know that the Catholic Church agrees with you and that's the first sign the apparition is not from God is if the message contradicts public revelation.

42 minutes ago, Davida said:

There are two possibilities either it was made up completely

Possible, but not likely. There were people and reporters there to disprove the children's claim. And they reported an "unexplained event". Possible but not likely. 

44 minutes ago, Davida said:

or it was sent by Satan , it was just a demonic spirit phenomena and any so called "dancing" of the sun was nothing more then a Satanic light manifestation

This explaination I think is even less likely. Although frequently called all sorts of names on this forum, the Catholic Church believes it is the Church founded by Jesus Christ. It also believes that it has the absolute responsibility to guide and protect Christs people by the power of the Holy Spirit. To protect them from error and therefore scrutinizes such events greatly. In case it is something from the devil. 

I know the last paragraph I just wrote is greatly protested here. But that doesn't change how the Catholic Church views itself. 

53 minutes ago, Davida said:

Mediums see apparitions and paranormal glowing phenomena like floating orbs & even take pictures of it. 

I'm not sure I'm going to put much weight in this statement (not an attack on you but on pop culture so called mediums). I believe what we know as mediums in our pop culture are in fact mentalists and nothing more. 

I do agree that there are people that are involved real occult and satanic worship that may see apparitions. But I doubt they are the ones calling themselves mediums. I might be splitting hairs on this point I don't know. 

-----------------------------

one final thought:

I think it is wise not to empower the devil. Not everything evil is of the devil. We live in a fallen world with a fallen nature.  Science hasn't come up with an explanation for Fatima but your only two possibilities was it was a hoax or satan. 

I don't find disagreement offensive, I find derogatory terms offensive. We're all adults and by now we should know how to disagree politely. 

Cheers and God Bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/25/2017 at 8:57 PM, Judas Machabeus said:

As for my thoughts on Fatima, well on the day the sun "danced" in the sky there were eye witness that were Catholic and non-Catholic. I believe there was even an atheist reporter that witnessed the miracle and wrote about it. 

Anybody who is not saved in Christ or who is but may be weak in the faith for whatever reason (such as a newcomer) are easy prey for Satan and her false miracles)

Guest Judas Machabeus
26 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Anybody who is not saved in Christ or who is but may be weak in the faith for whatever reason (such as a newcomer) are easy prey for Satan and her false miracles)

What are you saying. Every phenomena is the works of the devil. Secular source are untrustworthy because they are easy prey for the devil?? How do you know anything is true? Maybe it's just a manifestation of the devil. 

For me this type of argument is the same as when a bible alone adovicate make all kinds of assumptions about a passage and the moment someone else has a different assumption they reply "Where does it say that in scripture"

Guest Judas Machabeus
35 minutes ago, Davida said:

Well, you are simply woefully naive and unknowledgeable about the spirit realm you think that demonic spirits don't exist and don't indeed  interact with those misguided individuals that are seeking contact with spirits

Before attacking me perhaps go back and read what I wrote..... actually I'll make it easier and just quote what I said for you. 

Quote" I do agree that there are people that are involved real occult and satanic worship that may see apparitions. But I doubt they are the ones calling themselves mediums. I might be splitting hairs on this point I don't know. "

So before you start calling me naive and unknowledgable please read what I wrote. Because you end up looking like the fool. 

Cheers

Guest Judas Machabeus
17 minutes ago, Davida said:

I'm not attacking you. I'm saying thinking that "mediums" are all just mentalists is extremely misinformed of the demonic spiritual interactions that do take place by those that get involved in that type of practice either on purpose or by their naivety.

Thanks for calling me a fool.  Again showing ignorance by that comment.  There are a lot more demonic interactions that happen to people that do not require someone to be a Satanist or a practicing occultist.

Read what I wrote lol and I'llleave it at that. I even bolded and underlined it for you. Smh

Cheers

Guest Judas Machabeus
2 hours ago, Davida said:

I'm not attacking you. I'm saying thinking that "mediums" are all just mentalists is extremely misinformed of the demonic spiritual interactions that do take place by those that get involved in that type of practice either on purpose or by their naivety.

Thanks for calling me a fool.  Again showing ignorance by that comment.  There are a lot more demonic interactions that happen to people that do not require someone to be a Satanist or a practicing occultist.

Okay my last attempt.....

I do agree that there are people that are involved real occult and satanic worship that may see apparitions. But I doubt they are the ones calling themselves mediums. I might be splitting hairs on this point I don't know. 

Again, please actually read what I say and not what you want to see. 

I agreed that there are demonic apparitions AND I said that I DOUBTED that people engaging with the demonic would call themselves "mediums". I'm guessing they would have a different term since the word medium has become more associated with the art of mentalism. 

This is called an opinion. I did not make any absolute statements. Show me where I said "all mediums are mentalist"

and than to top it all off I even said that I might be splitting hairs.

listen I've been guilty of skimming over a post and coming out the other end with an incorrect interpitation of what the person was saying. But you seem to be really committed to falling on this sword.

smh