• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Galatians 2:11-21

No Return to the Law

11 Now when Peter[a] had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; 12 for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. 13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.

14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you[b] compel Gentiles to live as Jews?[c] 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

17 “But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! 18 For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, OneLight said:

Galatians 2:11-21

No Return to the Law

11 Now when Peter[a] had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; 12 for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. 13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.

14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you[b] compel Gentiles to live as Jews?[c] 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

17 “But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! 18 For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.

Righteousness does not come through the law, but from baptism of the holy spirit. Once you receive the holy spirit, you will be caused to obey the law, and it will then henceforth become impossible for you to sin, because the holy spirit circumcises the heart, which is the removal of your sinful nature.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, christiang said:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5 [ESV])

You should meditate on this verse as you are indeed leaning onto your own understanding.  I do trust the Lord with all my heart.  It is when I listen to man I get turned around and forget all He has done in and through me. 

There is no grace in what you are teaching.

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

You should meditate on this verse as you are indeed leaning onto your own understanding.  I do trust the Lord with all my heart.  It is when I listen to man I get turned around and forget all He has done in and through me. 

There is no grace in what you are teaching.

If you trusted in the Lord then you would listen to and obey his words and his commands,

"If you love me, keep my commands. (John 15:15 [NIV])

For the commands of the Lord are the commands of the law, hence why he spoke of the law not being abolished.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
(1Jn 1:8-10)

No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. (1 John 3:6 [NASB])

We know that every one being engendered of God does not sin; but the one engendered of  God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. (I John 5:18 [ABP])

for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. (1 John 5:4 [NIV])

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 [KJV])

1 minute ago, Cletus said:

Just because you are baptized with fire does not mean you will never sin again.  The book says if we say we have no sin we call God a liar.  I have had hands laid on me and i sin everyday, even when i try to be good.  The Holy Spirit does however empower someone to overcome sin. 

This is not so, because the baptism of the holy spirit frees from sin, so if you still sin, then you have not been freed from sin,

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:34-36 [NIV])

You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. (Romans 6:18 [NIV])

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,251
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

7 minutes ago, christiang said:

Righteousness does not come through the law, but from baptism of the holy spirit. Once you receive the holy spirit, you will be caused to obey the law, and it will then henceforth become impossible for you to sin, because the holy spirit circumcises the heart, which is the removal of your sinful nature.

Hello Christiang...if its impossible to sin after receiving the Holy Spirit then what does this mean?

Rev 2:4  Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 
Rev 2:5  Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. 
Rev 2:6  But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. 
Rev 2:7  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. 

On 4/4/2017 at 0:47 AM, shanee said:

Hello Christiang...if its impossible to sin after receiving the Holy Spirit then what does this mean?

Rev 2:4  Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 
Rev 2:5  Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. 
Rev 2:6  But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. 
Rev 2:7  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. 

Not everyone receives the holy spirit after coming to the belief of Jesus Christ, which is why many false churches exist to this day, that are full of adulterers and wicked men. This is why it is by "their fruits that you will know them", because someone who has truly been sealed with the holy spirit cannot sin as is written in scripture.

Just now, Cletus said:

The scriptures you provided do not say you wont ever sin.  what you said is not so, is scripture,  i just didnt put the book chapter and verse. 

1Jn 1:6  If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

You must've not seen these scriptures then,

No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. (1 John 3:6 [NASB])

We know that every one being engendered of God does not sin; but the one engendered of  God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. (I John 5:18 [ABP])

for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. (1 John 5:4 [NIV])

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 [KJV])

As such, the other scripture that says "if we say we have not sinned", it means that those who have now become freed from sin and no longer sin have all previously sinned in the past. It does not mean they continue sinning in contradiction of these other scriptures. You are misinterpreting the scriptures.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

38 minutes ago, christiang said:

I quote,

"I'm glad Jesus kept the Law perfectly in my stead..."

You are in fact implying that Jesus Christ kept the law that you may disobey it.

No, he did not.

Jesus fulfilled the law because we could not do so on our own. We were dead in our sins. Paul gives a great picture of fallen man in the first chapters of Romans. The redeemed have a new nature that does not *want* to violate God's law.