• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Think I'll opt to stay with my Bible, clinging to the hope certain for me found within Romans 7 and 8; but thank you for your attempt at making me feel hopelessly lost in my sin, for it has led me to my morning study at Romans. Praise God for His mercy and grace. I have my salvation in my redeemer Jesus my Lord.

I'm not trying to make you hopelessly lost, I am trying to get you to become baptized in the holy spirit. It's the only way you can become freed from sin. You prevent yourself from receiving him because of false understanding concerning him, and sin, based on teachings from your churches.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

9 hours ago, christiang said:

If you trusted in the Lord then you would listen to and obey his words and his commands,

"If you love me, keep my commands. (John 15:15 [NIV])

For the commands of the Lord are the commands of the law, hence why he spoke of the law not being abolished.

Ever notice how Jesus corrected the Pharisees and Sadducee with their misunderstanding of the law?  You are making the very same mistake they did with legalism.  I suggest you spend more time understanding the difference between legalism and grace.  We are not perfect, and neither are you.  We all live our lives as close to His will as we choose. 

What are you trying to gain here?  People understand scripture at the level they are in Christ, from babies to elders. 

You see, God doe snot love us because we are good, He makes us good because He loves us.  You are putting the cart before the horse.  The Holy Spirit works in us every day, changing us into the image of Christ.  When we accept Christ, we are not perfect.  I suggest you take some time to understand this better also.

On 4/4/2017 at 0:50 AM, christiang said:

Not everyone receives the holy spirit after coming to the belief of Jesus Christ, which is why many false churches exist to this day, that are full of adulterers and wicked men. This is why it is by "their fruits that you will know them", because someone who has truly been sealed with the holy spirit cannot sin as is written in scripture.

That is not true.  Those who are His, who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior are indeed given the Holy Spirit.  False Christians are exactly that, false.  They are not His.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22

Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Ephesians 1:13-14

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Ephesians 4:30

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

8 hours ago, christiang said:

That is a false assumption. The sinful nature is removed now, in this body,

In Him you were also circumcised in the putting off of your sinful nature… (Colossians 2:11 [BSB])

Which is what the circumcision of the heart. Hence why those who have been sanctified by the holy spirit are said to be perfected,

For by one offering he has perfected in perpetuity the ones having been sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 [ABP])

Are you saying you never sin?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

On 4/3/2017 at 10:48 PM, christiang said:

This study goes over why it is a sin to be in debt, to lend at interest, and to engage in various forms of usury that are common in American culture.

I remember a Christian Gaviria when they were a member at Christian Forums representing as CGaviria. Are you he? 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

27 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

I remember a Christian Gaviria when they were a member at Christian Forums representing as CGaviria. Are you he? 

Yes, why... do you not like me?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

20 minutes ago, christiang said:

Yes, why... do you not like me?

Thank you. I was simply seeking clarification. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

9 hours ago, christiang said:

How many times must I quote the same scriptures?

No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. (1 John 3:6 [NASB])

We know that every one being engendered of God does not sin; but the one engendered of  God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. (I John 5:18 [ABP])

for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. (1 John 5:4 [NIV])

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 [KJV])

So stubborn and cannot come to understanding.

Thankfully we as believers live under Grace not law (Romans 6:14). Grace doesn't give me a license to sin (Romans 6). It does however allow me to come before the throne when I do sin an confess it. (I John 1:9). 

I do have a question for in regards to their belief that once we are believers that the sin nature is completely eradicated. What about Paul in Romans 7 where he discusses the dilemma of the sinful nature:

So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.  What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?  Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Would you say that Paul was not a Christian because he struggled with his sin nature? 

Regardless of how many times you quote the same scripture it doesn't mean that your argument is correct. Sadly it is really off the mark concerning grace and concerning our sin natures after salvation. 

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

I would like to ask Christening directly, how do you view grace? what is your concept of grace?

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

21 hours ago, christiang said:

reach the point of perfection

Hello,christiang,im back for a little bit...where is this point of perfection you speak of?do you mean as soon as a person gets saved?    btw ,just so you know i dont think people can sin all they want just because they are saved by Jesus...like its a free pass to sin...no

Heb 12:6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 
Heb 12:7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 
Heb 12:8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 

well i guess they could but im sure they would have a very hard time..God is Just..if you believe you are not sinning i think thats great and i hope your not.But i myself believe some people if not all make mistakes...or shall i say could make mistakes and should repent if they do A.S.A.P