IGNORED

I Married my Wife for Papers. Can I leave before my Papers arrive?

BankyC

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/4/2017 at 2:45 AM, BankyC said:

Hi family. 

i married my wife at a point where i was desperate to get my greencard. However she was married before & got divorced because according to her, her hisband was not treating her right & she made effort for counselling but he did not change. She claimed he was cheating but with no specific evidence except gor the text messages she found on his phone. 

we met & dated for 3months and been married going 4months now. She loves me a lot & we understand eachother very much.  I did pray to God to show me if it was going to be a wrong decision before i went but i didnt seem  to hear anything from God. I remember the pastor who counselled us asked us, on a scale of 1-10 how much do we want to get married. I said "honestly, a 7" & she said 8.

I do my best everyday to be a good person & fearing God. Looking back, my conscience pricks me because deep deep down in me, i was in it for my papers. However, My papers is yet to arrive but i want to ask for forgiveness from her, her parents & God and return to my home country. Is it right in the sight of God? Is it still a sin regardless? Can i be free from her after confessing?

I think the greencard question is one for ICE or the local immigration office where you applied. No one here would be qualified to say I don't think.

Have you read the bible? Marriage is a life long covenant with your spouse. There are certain provisions that permit divorce and those are found in the bible too. What you've done is from the sound of it entered into a legal contract, the marriage license, with the express purpose to defraud.

My sympathies lay with your wife.