IGNORED

Why are people denying that Christ is presently a King?

Limey_Bob

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

So where is the rule that we can add time together like that.

Is the one half of the one 'seven' mentioned five times in the book of Revelation between chapters 11 and 13 to be added together too?

Now as to Jesus' Kingship.
No one is denying that Jesus is the Messiah King who will reign on the earth.
However, please tell me how He could be ruling with an iron rod when atheism is on the advance and the fastest growing religion is satanically-inspired Islam?

Or can't say that in jolly old England...

Hi Marcus,

I am denying that Jesus will reign physically on the earth. Where do you see that from God`s word?

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Bob, no one is denying that Jesus is presently a King.   What is being said, at least for my part, is that Jesus is not currently operating in the office of "King."   Jesus is currently operating in the office of "Great High Priest."    Jesus doesn't operate in the offices of prophet, priest and king all at the same time. 

Jesus is King, no doubt.   But His actual reign in the office of  King/Messiah is still future.

Hi Shiloh,

So....`Lift up your heads, O you gates! and lift them up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory.` (Ps. 24: 9 & 10)

So who is this King of glory? And when was that?

I think people get confused with Christ`s kingship thinking that because He is King of Israel, then that will be when He becomes King. However the Lord has always been King - King of heaven, King of glory, King of the ages, & will take up His kingship soon - King of Israel, King of Judah, King of the Nations & King of Kings.

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Shiloh,

So....`Lift up your heads, O you gates! and lift them up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory.` (Ps. 24: 9 & 10)

So who is this King of glory? And when was that?

I think people get confused with Christ`s kingship thinking that because He is King of Israel, then that will be when He becomes King. However the Lord has always been King - King of heaven, King of glory, King of the ages, & will take up His kingship soon - King of Israel, King of Judah, King of the Nations & King of Kings.

Marilyn.

I am not saying that Jesus is not king at this time.   He is.   This is not about when Jesus will become king, but about when Jesus will operate in that office.   And Jesus will reign on earth, soon.   He will operate in that office when He sits on the throne of David during the millennium.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That is Preterism.   You may not be a Preterist, but that is exactly what Preterism teaches. And it is wrong.

You have an annoying habit of making unproven and unsubstantiated statements as facts, you think that just because you say them, therefore they are true. Look, I am not a preterist and you are simply uninformed as to what Preterism is, so I will offer to debate you Shiloh357, if you decline my offer to debate one on one (Debate title: Is Limey_Bob a preterist), then please, don't read of reply to my posts and I will also ignore your posts too.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not saying that Jesus is not king at this time.   He is.   

So why are you accusing me of being a preterist for my claiming that Christ has been ruling as king (not on this earth, but in heaven) since is ascension into heaven? YOu've berated me for claiming that Christ is a King right now in heaven. Look Shiloh357 either accept my offer of a debate or leave me alone please.

Guest shiloh357
20 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

You have an annoying habit of making unproven and unsubstantiated statements as facts, you think that just because you say them, therefore they are true. Look, I am not a preterist and you are simply uninformed as to what Preterism is, so I will offer to debate you Shiloh357, if you decline my offer to debate one on one (Debate title: Is Limey_Bob a preterist), then please, don't read of reply to my posts and I will also ignore your posts too.

I am not saying you are a preterist and if you paid any attention to my comments, you would note that I was careful to point out that I was not calling you one.

But the fact remains, that you DO espouse views that are held by Preterists, like it or not,

Guest shiloh357
19 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

So why are you accusing me of being a preterist for my claiming that Christ has been ruling as king (not on this earth, but in heaven) since is ascension into heaven? YOu've berated me for claiming that Christ is a King right now in heaven. Look Shiloh357 either accept my offer of a debate or leave me alone please.

I didn't accuse you of being a Preterist.   Try reading what I actually said instead of making knee-jerk reactions to what I didn't say.

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not saying you are a preterist and if you paid any attention to my comments, you would note that I was careful to point out that I was not calling you one.

But the fact remains, that you DO espouse views that are held by Preterists, like it or not,

Look Hitler and Stalin used toilet paper, you and I both use toilet paper, but it does not logically follow that you and I are Nazi's and or Stalinist's just because we all use toilet paper. Kindly leave me alone, you are just misrepresenting me, I am not a preterist, those people believe that all Biblical prophecy was fulfilled in AD 70, I reject that because the revelation of the beast, the false prophet, the mark 666 as well as the battle of Armageddon and the Second Coming have not yet happened, so I cannot be a preterist can I as I deny outright the main central plant of preterism that the second coming has happened and all prophecy has been fulfilled. All that you are doing is name calling, you ought to define your terms accurately and then fairly and accurately point out errors in your opponents, but you don't do that shiloh357, you never define anything, you just name call. I have offered to debate you one on one, so please either accept or decline my offer, but stop replying to my posts, I will try to figure out how to put you on ignore if you choose to decline my offer of a one on one debate. 

Edited by Limey_Bob

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

Look Hitler and Stalin used toilet paper, you and I both use toilet paper, but it is does not logically follow that you and I are Nazi's and or Stalinists just because we all use toilet paper. Kindly leave me alone, you are misrepresenting me, I am not a preterist, those people believe that all Biblical prophecy was fulfilled in AD 70, I reject that the revelation of the beast, false prophet, mark 66 have not happened so I cannot be a preterist. All that you are doing is name calling, you ought to define your terms accurately and then fairly and accurately point out errors in your opponents, but you don't do that shiloh357, you never define anything, you just name call. I have offered to debate you one on one, so please either accept or decline my offer, but stop replying to my posts, I will try to figure out how to put you on ignore if you choose to decline my offer of a one on one debate. 

I never said you were a Preterist, I never called you one.   I made it clear in my original post that I was not calling you a preterist and to accuse me of saying  is bearing false witness.    I never said you believed that all prophecy was fulfilled in 70 AD.  All I said is that holding to the view that the millennial reign of Christ is now is a Preterist view.   That's a fact.  That is what they believe.   One does NOT have to be Preterist to believe that.

I have not called you any names, and I defy you publicly to prove that I did.   Either prove your claim, or retract and apologize. 

I will reply to ANY post I feel inclined to, just so you know, and that includes yours.  You can put me on ignore, but I will still respond to you so that no one else reading is led astray by false teaching.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

So friend, where do you see in God`s word that Jesus will reign on the earth, physically?

regards, Marilyn.

Do you think the 1'000 year reign is spiritual?