IGNORED

Why are people denying that Christ is presently a King?

Limey_Bob

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

"I am not saying that Jesus is not king at this time.   He is.

Yes He is .... no doubt

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

So friend, where do you see in God`s word that Jesus will reign on the earth, physically?

regards, Marilyn.

Off the top of my head, I think one can infer that when Jesus comes back to planet Earth, he is coming to rule and reign on Earth.

matthew 25 - sheep and goat judgment

rev 19 - he will rule them with an iron scepter..

OT prophets talk a lot about Millenial Reign too

what is your take on what the scriptures say WHERE he will be ruling? 

Edited by Spock

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Marcus,

I am denying that Jesus will reign physically on the earth. Where do you see that from God`s word?

regards, Marilyn.

Old Testament mostly, the Prophets' Millennium passages and verses.  The book of Revelation makes reference to that when it speaks of Jesus ruling with an iron rod.  Ezekiel speaks directly to this, saying Jerusalem will be know as: "The Lord is There."

Ezekiel also directly conflicts Hebrews 9:27 and indicates in chapter 44 that people who lived before, will live again, and some of them will not be allowed to serve Him food, and some will be allowed to serve Him food corresponding to their behavior in their previous life.

In the Millennium, things change.  Israel will have her King.  And the Church Age rules change that we know so well.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I never said you were a Preterist, I never called you one.   I made it clear in my original post that I was not calling you a preterist and to accuse me of saying  is bearing false witness.    I never said you believed that all prophecy was fulfilled in 70 AD.  All I said is that holding to the view that the millennial reign of Christ is now is a Preterist view.   That's a fact.  That is what they believe.   One does NOT have to be Preterist to believe that.

I have not called you any names, and I defy you publicly to prove that I did.   Either prove your claim, or retract and apologize. 

I will reply to ANY post I feel inclined to, just so you know, and that includes yours.  You can put me on ignore, but I will still respond to you so that no one else reading is led astray by false teaching.

Preterists believe that the Kingdom was first established in approx. AD 30 and fully realized in AD 70 with the destruction of the temple. I said that the Kingdom was first established in approx. AD 30, but that it will not be fully realized until the second coming, it was most certainly NOT fully realized in AD 70, as preterists believe.

5 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

Preterists believe that the Kingdom was first established in approx. AD 30 and fully realized in AD 70 with the destruction of the temple. I said that the Kingdom was first established in approx. AD 30, but that it will not be fully realized until the second coming, it was most certainly NOT fully realized in AD 70, as preterists believe.

That's a nice play on words, but while everyone agrees Jesus is the King of Kings, saying He is ruling this world now conflicts with the Epistles where Paul and the Apostles warn the flock to beware of Satan who does have title to this world enough to offer it to Jesus.

Jesus, as the thief, will bind the strongman, Satan, and steal from him, the most valuable commodity in his house (which is this world): us.

THEN He will rule the earth.  Literally, and physically.

1 hour ago, Spock said:

what is your take on what the scriptures say WHERE he will be ruling? 

From Christ’s ascension into heaven, at approximately AD 30, until his second coming, Jesus is currently ruling in heaven, as King over his (spiritual) Kingdom of deceased saints, although in a lesser secondary sense, we could also say that he is also ruling over the hearts of his people here on earth (as we submit their lives to him), but his rule is chiefly in heaven. Then at the second coming, his Kingdom rule transfers from heaven unto this earth, the Bible states that we will rule on (or over) the earth (Revelation 5:10), and I assume from Revelation 21, that the cubic city which represents the dead saints (church) coming from heaven to earth (Revelation 21:9-10), will have Christ in the midst of them, for he is the light of that city, (Revelation 21:23), and how could he be the cities light if he is not even amongst them?

4 minutes ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

That's a nice play on words, but while everyone agrees Jesus is the King of Kings, saying He is ruling this world now conflicts with the Epistles where Paul and the Apostles warn the flock to beware of Satan who does have title to this world enough to offer it to Jesus.

Jesus, as the thief, will bind the strongman, Satan, and steal from him, the most valuable commodity in his house (which is this world): us.

THEN He will rule the earth.  Literally, and physically.

I did not say that Christ is ruling this world now, I believe that his kingdom is in heaven and that he is ruling there (in heaven), and not this world now. I stated that Christ's rule upon this earth begins at the second coming, it did not begin at his ascension in AD 30 approx, neither did it fully begin in AD 70 as preterists believe, it is a still future event.

4 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

From Christ’s ascension into heaven, at approximately AD 30, until his second coming, Jesus is currently ruling in heaven, as King over his (spiritual) Kingdom of deceased saints,

Funny.

If this is true, then why is that Paul says the Dead in Christ are called up by the Last Trumpet on the Day of the Lord if they are already "with" Him being ruled over as you say.

And if you had a Scriptural reference for your opinion of things heavenly, that would be nice.

Guest shiloh357
41 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

Yes, I know that, which is why I took pains, originally, to tell you that I was not calling you a Preterist, which you basically ignored and continued to accuse me of something I didn't say.