ruck1b

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I saw a question that I would like to ask here.  I'm sort of paraphrasing it.

If God didn't give us the spirit of fear , but of power, love and a sound mind, why do we make such a big deal out of the number 666?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I really don't know why they do. The book of Revelation mentions the number 666 but we really do not know how it will be used.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

25 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

If God didn't give us the spirit of fear , but of power, love and a sound mind, why do we make such a big deal out of the number 666?

It is more of self-preservation, I believe.  Same thing when you are riding in a car and you come close to having an accident.  You are concerned about the after effects and all the What If's that come with all the possibilities.  Since we have no idea how the mark will come about, we play through a whole lot of scenarios our imagination can provide.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, ruck1b said:

Look again what is written.   "Who" it is you are referring to,  does not mean most of any group you know about.

In China,  the most often used example ,  the ekklesia do not worry nor fear nor even discuss the mark of the beast.  They have continual lasting peace, joy, and righteousness,  and do what is right every day according to YHWH'S WORD, and led by the SHEPHERD of our(ekklesia immersed in JESUS) lives, JESUS.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Just now, simplejeff said:

Look again what is written.   "Who" it is you are referring to,  does not mean most of any group you know about.

HUH?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

The Jews were to place "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength"  on their foreheads and on their wrist.  So I see the number 666 being placed in those places replacing our love of God.  We are sealed by the Holy Spirit, so when they are sealed by the antichrist I see them as being sealed with an unholy spirit.    The things done are usually a satanic version of what God does.  

So I am not superstitious about it.  But it is a reminder to me to love God above all things, even life itself.  "For they loved not their lives even unto death."

• Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, ruck1b said:

666 is a simple mark that will signify that the one having it believes in the false messiah who opposes / blasphemes Jesus. It could be as simple as using a symbol that's already out there like this:

666.jpg 

The star of David (actually the shield of Solomon)  has a history of occult origin but was recently adopted by the Jewish people / Israeli Government when it was forced upon them by the Nazis.

People often bear derogatory marks / names with pride (Queer Nation comes to mind from the derogatory smear, and even Yankees from the derogatory Yankee Doodle).

So this is not to say the Jews are satanic. For pity sake... (some have mistaken my pointing this out as such and it is 180° wrong).

The beast will convince the Jews in that day that he is the promised messiah (those that reject the true Messiah who already came 2000 years ago) for he will be Jewish and for a time will convince all but Christians to follow him).

Zechariah 8:23 (AV)
23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Revelation 17:12 (AV)
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

The mark of the beast is a tracking device / system exposing Christians who are the one people who will not accept the mark and are thus killed.

Revelation 13:16–18 (AV)
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Revelation 13:5–10 (AV)
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

It's a big deal, but not the spook-a-thon most make it out to be with people's superstitious natures and the myths and fables of people's imaginations...

Christians still win.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I don't....it's just a number to me....in fact Everytime I see an odemetor say 666 I take a picture lol

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

5 hours ago, ruck1b said:

There is such a thing as a healthy fear and it is good to have.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Ha ha.   Sometime back i went to renew my car plates and the clerk said the numbers was in the sixty six range.  I told her, give me any plate number excluding that number.   In all seriousness, the number suppose to represent evil.   We do fear God and hate evil, which the number represents, so it is not really fearing the number but despising it.