• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, ruck1b said:

I saw a question that I would like to ask here.  I'm sort of paraphrasing it.

If God didn't give us the spirit of fear , but of power, love and a sound mind, why do we make such a big deal out of the number 666?

Hi, 

Whether 666 or even 616 the reason is we are told to do so. Revelation 13:18- but really all of Revelation 13  for the first beast and the second beast.

If interested one might see https://kehilanews.com/2016/12/29/666-or-616/ for a brief introduction to gematria and why 616 may also considered in numerology,  if Nero is the man or a descendant of Nero's reign is the man.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

7 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

This reminds me of the fact that many hotels do not have a thirteenth floor, the floor numbers go from twelve to fourteen. People won't stay on that unlucky floor.  Fear of the number thirteen, the disorder triskaidekaphobia...........In my trade, building construction, interior mill work and cabinetry, I make a lot of measuring computations. I convert inches and feet to decimals. And it amazes me how often    .666    shows up.  Two thirds of a foot/inch. It usually causes me to pause, then I figure, it's just another number.

Hi, Just  for a little personal exercise I figure the calculation to be short a mite, on to infinity. For if .666 is two thirds and .333 is then one third, three thirds equals .999 of an inch. Might be tolerable, but is there not interest in the missing .001 of each inch so divided? Amazing how often the imperfect shows up. Perhaps a message there too. None are perfect no not one- all have fallen short of the Glory of God.  Having a little fun with this one, thanks.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, 

Whether 666 or even 616 the reason is we are told to do so. Revelation 13:18- but really all of Revelation 13  for the first beast and the second beast.

If interested one might see https://kehilanews.com/2016/12/29/666-or-616/ for a brief introduction to gematria and why 616 may also considered in numerology,  if Nero is the man or a descendant of Nero's reign is the man.

we are not told to fear a number.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

11 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Ha ha.   Sometime back i went to renew my car plates and the clerk said the numbers was in the sixty six range.  I told her, give me any plate number excluding that number.   In all seriousness, the number suppose to represent evil.   We do fear God and hate evil, which the number represents, so it is not really fearing the number but despising it.

We can dress it up how we like, at the end of the day its irrational.  Its a number. 

Actually it is a value 600 60  and 6. It only makes sense in the language that used letters to represent values. Numbers have value throughout the word of God that lend insight and even guidance and confirmation. To declare the values as just numbers is to miss some evidence of  God's awesome power.

Of course there is little to fear, except for God who knows every hair on my head, such as they each are.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

23 hours ago, ruck1b said:

If God didn't give us the spirit of fear , but of power, love and a sound mind, why do we make such a big deal out of the number 666?

IMO it has to do with man's pride and some people want to think they can understand everything. We can't. The Bible doesn't tell us what 666 means and to some people that sticks in their craw and it scares them. They think they have everything all figured out until they get to 666 and then they don't know and it bothers them. I realized a long time ago there are many mysterious concerning God. Someone once told grab what you can understand and run with it like a football player trying to make a touchdown. As the years go on you learn more and more. When the very end comes, and I hope it's a long ways off, the people alive may know what 666 means, or not. It's a mystery and 1 not worth thinking about.

Old rules:

Measure twice, ...

and; leave the line.-

Ha yes it is plenty accurate! Besides  I figure  I need a thirty second  to leave wiggle room for the caulk.

Sidenote: One of the requests I had from a family member as they were attending furniture making class at SCAD at Savannah was for an engineer's micrometer  that will measure ten thousandths of an inch,- for their furniture making class.

What?, I said a little bewildered at yet another opportunity to spend  money  on their college experience. But it was a serious request, and requirement for the class. I also got out my spark plug gap and feeler gauge scale, and sent it.

Using Japanese saws many pieces of furniture were then made where all that was needed to keep each together was a single dry fit. Once tapped in place there was no need for anything else to be done.

That's way past my standards reached  with  a worm drive circular saw. Of course now my family member has a three phase power table saw that has three blades, two bottom and one top to be able to cut without any chips  or end grain slivers being chunked out. It will handle twelve by five furniture grade veneered stock. Me, I still rely on two saw horses, the worm drive and  tubes of caulks and fillers, plus a fine paint finish. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:16 PM, ruck1b said:

Well we shouldn't make such a fuss about it especially since we who are saved are going to be Raptured and thus wont have to worry about the Mark of the Beast/666