• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

Hi,

At a recent outing with friends, I sang a hymm in funny voice to look smart infront of friends and family. I did not change the lyrics or anything, just that I sang it in a funny voice.

The hymn was based on Psalm 34:10

The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

Immediately everyone picked it up and started singing ti funny too. I felt extremely bad, and chastised them to stop, and they have.

But I am worried that this could be counted as blasphemy, and the unforgivable sin.

At this point, it doesn't really matter. Even if it is the unforgivable sin, I will serve the Lord till the end of my life, come what may. I will just breathe a little easy if I know I can be forgiven.

Thanks,

GerdaHannah

Guest shiloh357
19 minutes ago, GerdaHannah said:

Hi,

At a recent outing with friends, I sang a hymm in funny voice to look smart infront of friends and family. I did not change the lyrics or anything, just that I sang it in a funny voice.

The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

Immediately everyone picked it up and started singing ti funny too. I felt extremely bad, and chastised them to stop, and they have.

But I am worried that this could be counted as blasphemy, and the unforgivable sin.

At this point, it doesn't really matter. Even if it is the unforgivable sin, I will serve the Lord till the end of my life, come what may. I will just breathe a little easy if I know I can be forgiven.

Thanks,

GerdaHannah

Nah, it is not blasphemy or anything like that.   Blasphemy is slandering God's reputation, leveling false accusations against Him, and assaulting his character.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

The fact that you were reproved by the Holy Spirit and immediately repented and urged others to quit (real repentance) shows that you did not blaspheme the Holy Sprit.  Had you done that , your heart would be so hard, you wouldn't even care if you had offended God.  But had you continued in the sin of mocking God, even till your death, you would be hardening your heart each time you ignored the Holy Spirit and might eventually turn from Christ as Savior and Lord simply because you no longer cared.

A lot of kids change the lyrics to hymns or even our national anthem to be corny.  It is not always the right thing to do, but kids are foolish.  When our parents aren't there to drive the foolishness from us, the Holy Spirit takes over.  Praise Him!  He chastens those He loves.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, GerdaHannah said:

Hi,

Thanks,

GerdaHannah

-

The "unforgivable Sin" is to reject Christ, there is no other.

Also, Laughter was not invented by "man", and neither was the "sense of humor"...

Remember....To "see God", all you have to do is recognize JESUS..:)

Jesus liked to laugh.... (A lot).

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I would say that as long as you wernt doing it with the intention of slandering or disrespecting God, that it was not blaspheme of any sort....and that God does have a sense of humor.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think you sinned. But you could have offended someone with a weak mind. Romans says don't offend weak brother for who christ died for. So be careful about that. You did not commit a unforgiving sin of course. Take heart.