• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

suggesting

Like in the warning of Yahweh to those believers in Galatians:  Do not be bewitched !  (by any false gospel) ...

Now the whole world has been and is bewitched,   deceived throughout all strata,  all society, all along.....

Except for the remnant....

Notice the whole world shows up online,  to combat against God's Word and God's Purpose and God's children.

Yet the remnant , even though "almost deceived",  are kept by Yahweh safe and secure by His Word ....

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
42 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

You are quite correct.

http://sabbath.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.sr/CT/BOOK/k/955/Sunday-Lords-Day-Not-Traceable-to-Apostles.htm

This is a lengthy explanation that the Sabbath was NOT changed early on. However, to show their Authority, the Roman Church did change it with much fanfare, even mocking Protestants that also changed with it suggesting their adoption of the change indicated their support of the Roman's Authority.

According to Justin Martyr, Sunday was already in observance as early as 150 AD, which is about 160 years before Constantine came along.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

First Commandment:

(20:3) "Do not have any gods before Me. Do not represent (me) by any carved statue or picture or anything in the heaven above or the earth below or in the water below the land. Do not bow down to or worship them."

The Word of God says:
Daniel 7:25, "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."

The word of Rome says:
"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." "The Pope has the authority and often exercised it, to dispense with the command of Christ." -Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

First Commandment:

(20:3) "Do not have any gods before Me. Do not represent (me) by any carved statue or picture or anything in the heaven above or the earth below or in the water below the land. Do not bow down to or worship them."

The Word of God says:
Daniel 7:25, "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."

The word of Rome says:
"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." "The Pope has the authority and often exercised it, to dispense with the command of Christ." -Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary.

The RCC says a lot of things that are not true.   They never changed the Sabbath, no matter how loud they claim that they did.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Read the article posted as a link. You will see that NONE of them changed the Sabbath... to 'sun-day' Lord's Day.

The people who trust in the Fathers as their authority for departing from God's commandment, are miserably deceived as to what the Fathers teach.

1. The Fathers are so far from testifying that the apostles told them Christ changed the Sabbath, that not even one of them ever alludes to such a change.

2. No one of them ever calls the first day the Christian Sabbath, nor, indeed, ever calls it a Sabbath of any kind.

3. They never represent it as a day on which ordinary labor was sinful; nor do they represent the observance of Sunday as an act of obedience to the fourth commandment.

4. The modern doctrine of the change of the Sabbath was therefore absolutely unknown in the first centuries of the Christian church.2

But though no statement asserting the change of the Sabbath can be produced from the writings of the Fathers of the first three hundred years, it is claimed that their testimony furnishes decisive proof that the first day of the week is the Lord's day of Revelation 1:10. The Biblical argument that this term refers to the seventh day and no other, because that day alone is in the Holy Scriptures claimed by the Father and the Son as belonging in a peculiar sense to each, is given in chapter eleven, and is absolutely decisive. But this is set aside without answer, and the claim of the first day to this honorable distinction is substantiated out of the Fathers as follows:—

Again I give the source:
[http://sabbath.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.sr/CT/BOOK/k/955/Sunday-Lords-Day-Not-Traceable-to-Apostles.htm

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,301
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Didn't read the entire thread, but to those that wish to keep the Jewish Sabbath, I once saw a documentary about Jews keeping the Sabbath.  The little girl in the family had to tear each square of toilet tissue and have it ready before the Jewish Sabbath...otherwise, they would be working on the Sabbath.... tearing toilet tissue.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Just now, Debp said:

Didn't read the entire thread, but to those that wish to keep the Jewish Sabbath, I once saw a documentary about Jews keeping the Sabbath.  The little girl in the family had to tear each square of toilet tissue and have it ready before the Jewish Sabbath...otherwise, they would be working on the Sabbath.... tearing toilet tissue.

That's a wonderfully terrible example of what is called NOT TORAH.

Things like that is what Yeshua HaMashiach broke often, to show everyone the difference between Yahweh's Truth/TORAH  that is always perfect and good and righteous ,   VS man's ....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/23/2017 at 3:55 PM, shiloh357 said:

According to Justin Martyr, Sunday was already in observance as early as 150 AD, which is about 160 years before Constantine came along.

Recall that in Justin Martyr’s day.. no internet… no Pope

Justin Martyr was born in Flavia Neapolis circa 100 A.D., and converted to Christianity sometime around 130 A.D.   A Christian apologist, he taught and defended Christianity in Asia Minor and at Rome.  He suffered martyrdom in Rome about 165 A.D.

Certainly Justin Martyr claims to totally ignore God's commandment - when it comes to the Sabbath. No question about his position opposing the Commandment of God.

Paul warns us of such things in Acts 20

25 “And now, behold, I know that all of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will no longer see my face. 26 Therefore, I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose of God. 28 Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; 30 and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them. 31 Therefore be on the alert, remembering that night and day for a period of three years I did not cease to admonish each one with tears.

I prefer the teaching of Christ in Mark 7:6-13 when it comes to Justin's suggestion that Christians ignore God's Commandment

Mark 7

And He said to them, “Rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written:

This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far away from Me.
But in vain do they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.’

8 Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.”

He was also saying to them, You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. 10 For Moses said,Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who speaks evil of father or mother, is to be put to death’; 11 but you say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),’ 12 you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or his mother; 13 thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.”

A truly sobering teaching from Christ - for any Bible-loving, Spirit-filled, new-birth, New Covenant Christian with the "Law of God written on the heart and mind" Jeremiah 31:31-33 and a true love for the teaching of Christ. It would be very hard for such a Christian to turn a blind eye to the teaching of Christ just then.  Very hard indeed!

Edited by BobRyan
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 10/26/2017 at 1:29 AM, Debp said:

Hint: New Covenant - made with "The House of Israel and the house of Judah" says "I will write My LAW on their heart and mind" ... read it in Jeremiah 31:31-33

Read it "Again" as it is "unchanged" and verbatim .. in Hebrews 8:6-10

And notice that Jesus reminds us "the Law of God matters" in Mark 7:6-13

Thus it is "still a sin" -- to take God's name  in vain...even for NT Christians. (As we all already know) - because "SIN IS transgression of the LAW" 1 John 3:4 even for NT Christians

"what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19

Gentiles to keep the Sabbath Isaiah 56:1-8 in fact ALL MANKIND to Keep the Sabbath Isaiah 66:23

Bible details matter.

Edited by BobRyan
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Basically the covenant with Moses together with the Mosaic Law as a whole are for the Jews and converts. It's not for the gentiles. Jesus is the Lord of Sabbath and God may have a special purpose for the Jews to observe it strictly. You may take a look at today's world. All mankind are adapting a 7 day per week calendar with at least Sunday marked as the day of rest. It's a sign of God's sovereignty His not only the Lord of Sabbath but also the Lord of all mankind under His sovereignty. 

One of the main part of each and every covenant is its core commandments. The 10 commandments refer to the part exists in the Mosaic covenant. Now it boils down to the question that what core commandments which are in the Mosaic covenant for the Jews also exist in the New Covenant applying to all mankind alike. 

Matthew 19:17-19 (NIV2011)
17  “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
18  “Which ones?” he inquired. Jesus replied, “ ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony,
19  honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

Sabbath is not there. It's not Jesus' mistake to have it skipped. Instead, it signifies that the Jewish way of keeping the Sabbath is no longer applicable in the New Covenant. You can work on the Sabbath as long as the 7-day week is still in place for all mankind to follow. As for Christians we attend Sunday services. In the past 2000 years, Christians in majority only attended the church this way instead of observing the Sabbath in a Jewish way. Are the majority of Christians in mistakes? I don't think so. I don't think God views it that way or otherwise He should have corrected the behavior of the Christians in majority in the 2000 years of history.

You can also look at how today's Jews observing the Sabbath. They don't even dare to press the buttons in an elevator. They use the elevator but have to ask someone else to press the floor buttons for them. Do you think that God is happy about this at all?! That's the Jewish way of observing the Sabbath that I don't think that God is agreement with. To me, that's the exact reason why Jesus chose the skip the Sabbath in His teaching as quoted in the verses above.