IGNORED

Christian quits job over 666 employee number.

HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/04/05/14/37/born-again-christian-quits-job-over-666-employee-identification-number

A born-again Christian in the US has quit his job after receiving what he called a "satanic omen" when a computer-generated system issued him the number 666 as an identification on multiple occasions.

Walter Slonopas, 52, was employed as a maintenance worker at Tennessee-based Contech Casting LLC.

He first noticed his employee forms being labelled with the 'Number of the Beast' when he started in April 2011, after the company's human resources department issued him an employee identification number ending in 666

* I can see where he's coming from.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

Did they ask their HR for a different number?  Seems a bit extreme to me, but I have never been the superstitious type.  I remember a few years ago while staying at a hotel in Crystal City outside of DC I was given room 666.  So many people were amazed I didn't ask for a different room.   It is just a number. 

30 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Did they ask their HR for a different number?  Seems a bit extreme to me, but I have never been the superstitious type.  I remember a few years ago while staying at a hotel in Crystal City outside of DC I was given room 666.  So many people were amazed I didn't ask for a different room.   It is just a number. 

Yeah you're right, it is just a number but I'd feel uncomfortable also. The association with it and so on. 

I'm not sure if I'd leave my job but would definitely ask for a new number.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

The irony of the post I posted and this article.

7 hours ago, ruck1b said:

The irony of the post I posted and this article.

?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

There's nothing evil in the number 666.  It holds no power.  The poor man in this article needs some serious critical thinking skills.  Here is the only thing the Bible says about it.

Revelation 13:18 = " This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666."

I think people who are fearful or superstitious of this number - and they are countless [no pun intended] -  have watched too many horror movies like "The Omen".

There are as many wild and crazy interpretations of understanding this number as there are stars in the sky.  :blink:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

11 hours ago, HisFirst said:

?

Guest BacKaran

I worked in a medical building that had NO 13th floor... Stupid people on the 14th floor didn't realize they were on the 13th floor....? So what happened? Nothing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 4/5/2017 at 2:44 AM, HisFirst said:

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/04/05/14/37/born-again-christian-quits-job-over-666-employee-identification-number

A born-again Christian in the US has quit his job after receiving what he called a "satanic omen" when a computer-generated system issued him the number 666 as an identification on multiple occasions.

Walter Slonopas, 52, was employed as a maintenance worker at Tennessee-based Contech Casting LLC.

He first noticed his employee forms being labelled with the 'Number of the Beast' when he started in April 2011, after the company's human resources department issued him an employee identification number ending in 666

* I can see where he's coming from.

He didnt need to quit. Its not being marked with the number of the beast unless he accepted the Mark of the beast. And of course if he is truly saved he wont be around anyway to have to worry about that (cuz he will be Raptured)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

It's really a superstitious fear. Some people don't like getting $6.66 back as their change, and ask for 6.65 back. I know one guy who doesn't even like the number 66 because it is close to 666. for me it's just a number, I would kind of find it funny of I was given it as my employee number.