IGNORED

Christian quits job over 666 employee number.

HisFirst

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

What if the translators that translate the Rev 13 passage as 616 instead of 666 are correct? Then ooops.

I would take it as a huge problem if they asked or demanded they put 616 or 213 or 56 or whatever on me.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

This is called Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia or the fear of Mark of Beast phobia. I understand why brothers and sisters in Christ want to avoid the number of the Beast's name, but the truth is you need only worry is someone is asking you to bow to Beast, to Antichrist, and take His mark. The Scriptures say it in this context, "He required everyone—small and great, rich and poor, free and slave—to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name. His number is 666." (Revelation 13:16-18). Because this employee happened to get that number, doesn't mean he was taking the mark. Everyone on this forum at some point will probably post their six hundred and sixty sixth post, but that doesn't mean anything. The real Mark of Beast is voluntary and people will know when they take it, just as people know when they are Baptized and convert to Christianity. In 2006 and 2016 women were afraid to have babies on June 6th, 2006 or 2016 because lines up lots of sixs. This is superstitious, you are not going to birth the antichrist because of a date and number. By the way the binary code for all computers is triple six, yes no, yes no, yes no. Ironic, because it sounds double minded and Jesus said "Let your yes be your yes and your no be your no, anything else is from evil one." (Matthew 5:37). And yet it is on this computer we are serving Christ and having community here. The point is the Mark is a literal mark, not a number at work or your triple six post, and so forth. I understand not wanting these three numbers, and I too would feel uneasy and would appeal to the boss to be 667 if possible. But the point is the Mark is a real mark.

This phobia is like the fear of 13 because its unlucky. Well it was unlucky for Knight Templar who were rounded up by King Phillip IV of France and subjected to torture, being defrauded, and executed on Friday 13th, 1307. If you put the Twelve Disciples with Jesus its a total of 13, and Judas was one who betrayed Jesus, but his position was replaced by Matthias. Phobias can be dangerous, it is fine to dislike something and not want to be number of Beast on employee roster, but we shouldn't fear a number. When the real Mark comes it will be obvious, not "oh you're sitting in stadium seat 666," or "you are the 666 person to become a member or employee."

The point, "For God didn't give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control." (2 Timothy 1:7). I get not wanting this number, but to avoid it will be difficult, especially is you post a lot.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Everyone on this forum at some point will probably post their six hundred and sixty sixth post, but that doesn't mean anything.

That is so true, and I can truly say that I didn't even notice when I was getting close to it.  As for the employee, the article did mention the his number ended with 666.  That makes some difference at least.  Perhaps his entire # went something like this . . . . . .  734,298,536,66.  Then the 3 sixes wouldn't even be associated together.  I see not reason to leave the job because of the numbers.

Edited by 1x1is1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

1 minute ago, 1x1is1 said:

That is so true, and I can truly say that I didn't even notice when I was getting close to it.  As for the employee, the article did mention the his number ended with 666.  That makes some difference at least.  Perhaps his entire # when something like this . . . . . .  734,298,536,66.  Then the 3 sixes wouldn't even be associated together.  I see not reason to leave the job because of the numbers.

It's fear, and once you let one tiny foot of fear in door, it creeps into your whole life. Hence why "Fear not" is said 366 times in Bible, "that covers a whole year and extra day" (for leap year). :) 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

It's just a shame that this made news too. :(