• Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just now, shiloh357 said:

It's called mental illness.

Maybe...but the flip side maybe she just loves him anyway. Maybe shes mentally ill to... doesn't really matter. To me, that's love. I wouldn't do it neither would my wife but if they're happy together, then who am I to knock it?

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Maybe...but the flip side maybe she just loves him anyway. Maybe shes mentally ill to... doesn't really matter. To me, that's love. I wouldn't do it neither would my wife but if they're happy together, then who am I to knock it?

I knock it because it is mental illness that needs to be treated, not normalized or mainstreamed or anything like that.   They need serious help.  And that is not "love"  by an objective measure.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just now, shiloh357 said:

I knock it because it is mental illness that needs to be treated, not normalized or mainstreamed or anything like that.   They need serious help.  And that is not "love"  by an objective measure.

well im going to point something out, some major assumptions that your making. One, that just because someones different, they must be mentally ill. Thats simply, not true. Two, since your not a trained psychiatrist, and you have no idea who they are, whether theyve actually got a mental illness or not, and if they do, no idea how its being treated or not. three, its by far not being normalized, I dont see lots of people bounding down the street dressed as a dog. Regardless of any of those things, those two obviously know people are looking at them-mentally ill or not they do, and they arnt hurting anyone. You can knock them all they want, but in reality you have no idea whether or not they love each other is it weird? yes. are they hurting anyone, including you? not at all. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I can see these issues going to our supreme court and having marriage redefined yet again.  Just sad.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

17 minutes ago, Willa said:

I can see these issues going to our supreme court and having marriage redefined yet again.  Just sad.

That's true.

Guest shiloh357
On 4/6/2017 at 2:57 PM, The_Patriot2017 said:

well im going to point something out, some major assumptions that your making. One, that just because someones different, they must be mentally ill.

This is a guy who thinks he is a dog.  That's not "different" that's mentally ill.   He isn't play a part in some weird sexual fettish.  He thinks he is a dog. 

Thats simply, not true. Two, since your not a trained psychiatrist, and you have no idea who they are, whether theyve actually got a mental illness or not, and if they do, no idea how its being treated or not.

I don't have to be a trained psychiatrist to know that a person who thinks he is dog and expects his girlfriend to relate to him as a dog, is mentally ill. 

three, its by far not being normalized, I dont see lots of people bounding down the street dressed as a dog.

When I say "normalized,"  I don't mean "common."  Normalization is when we start treating things like this as if they  just other valid ways of living and is no different than any other human relationship. 

Regardless of any of those things, those two obviously know people are looking at them-mentally ill or not they do, and they arnt hurting anyone. You can knock them all they want, but in reality you have no idea whether or not they love each other is it weird? yes. are they hurting anyone, including you? not at all. 

But we, as a society, are hurting both of them by doing nothing.   The ones being hurt are the couple and the ones doing the hurting is us if we sit back and simply make them comfortable in their disorder.   That's not fair to either of them.  It's really an unkind thing that society allows this stuff and doesn't seek to help them. By sitting back and letting them go, we are failing them as a culture and as a society. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Patriot

You have made me lol.  However, in the words of a famous tennis player, are you serious?  I actually heard once that another famous tennis player decided that, as they couldn't find "the one" they married him/herself!

I actually have seen a lot of crazy stuff about people in Britain (they probably exist in other places as well) who dress up in all sorts of ways and pretend they are an animal, or whatever.  It is not only weird, it is delusional, and you don't have to be a doctor to come to this conclusion.  Sorry. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

On 24/04/2017 at 6:51 PM, SisterActs2 said:

I actually heard once that another famous tennis player decided that, as they couldn't find "the one" they married him/herself!

As a tennis fanatic, I'd love to know who this is!!!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi HisFirst

Sorry, sis.  Not telling.  It could have been completely fake news.  A long time ago; could have been heresay.  Just something I heard.  Might even have been something the person said in jest.