• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I need help understanding the roman catholic doctrine of immaculate conception. Please read below and answer the question.  Please refrain from answering if you don't believe or are not roman catholic.

Man was created, fell and subsequently all people born of their procreation are born after their fallen sinful image.

Jesus, the lord from heaven, was in the form of God pre-existing the creation of man yet placed into the womb of Mary and therefore was sinless, untouched by the fall.

Where did Mary come from if she was supposedly sinless?

FOR CLAIRITY: THIS THREAD IS MEANT TO BE AN INVITATION FOR ME TO DIALOG WITH THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION THEORY.  PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DEBATING THE VALIDITY OF SAID DOCTRINE. 

Caps used so as to not be overlooked.  Not yelling :)

Mary was not sinless. Christ was born without a sin nature because the sin nature is passed down through the male and since Christ was created by the Holy Spirit in Mary, He was without sin.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

"Please refrain from answering if you don't believe or are not roman catholic."

Am I reading this right Gary? You only want Catholics to respond or people who believe in the Immaculate Conception.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, gdemoss said:

I need help understanding the roman catholic doctrine of immaculate conception. Please read below and answer the question.  Please refrain from answering if you don't believe or are not roman catholic.

Man was created, fell and subsequently all people born of their procreation are born after their fallen sinful image.

Jesus, the lord from heaven, was in the form of God pre-existing the creation of man yet placed into the womb of Mary and therefore was sinless, untouched by the fall.

I believe the Catholics teach Mary also had the Holy Spirit for her father, like Jesus. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

They also teach that Mary saves as Jesus does. 

Guest BacKaran

As a ex rcc, they teach a different Gospel and Jesus.

It's a cult of massive deceptive proportions.

Guest Teditis

As an ex-Catholic, I can say that they don't teach a different Gospel or Jesus.

Nor do they claim her as someone who can "Save" anyone.

To the OP, as I was taught, Mary was absolved of "original sin" for the express purpose that

she was to be an appropriate vessel for a Sinless Jesus... it's not that she came from somewhere spectacular

or had a lineage that was pure. I do think that this is speculative thinking on the part of the Catholic Church

and leads to some wrong-headed ideas about Mary.

Guest BacKaran

So in other words, if you're born again, you will understand this rcc false Gospel so you don't need to respond since you are discerning enough to tell a lie, the Truth and from a lie with lots of added little truths...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, gdemoss said:

I need help understanding the roman catholic doctrine of immaculate conception.

???  why???   that just allows more propaganda for those who don't know the BIBLE.   (and no correction can be accepted against it; they are required to accept the "inspired" whatchamallits of the bishops in union with the head of the business.....

THere are about (perhaps ) 1000 books of hundreds of pages each defining their practices concerning Mary , and they will go forever explaining it , (they have a 'famous' library/vault that is 54 miles long ... restricted access)

even after it is shown from the BIBLE not to be true ! (from what I've seen on all the forums for many years)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, gdemoss said:

The idea behind the immaculate conception (I started a thread on it the other day) is that Mary was retroactively cleaned from all sin by the blood of Christ at the moment of her conception.