• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Sorry, but that passage clearly states that... Using your logic, I could say that "x" never sinned as it is not written in the Bible: "x has sinned".

But if "x" is born from a sinner male seed, then it automatically makes "x" a sinner. Because all have sinned:

"And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.
There is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" - Romans 3:22-24

Thank you for your responce 4ldk.  With this being said, could I ask you a question I've asked a few others on this forum?   Do you seek for God? Or have you ever seeked for God?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

16 hours ago, gdemoss said:

What is principally wrong with asking people to refrain from giving input on a subject they have no practical experience?

Because these forums are for everyone and even if you have no personal experience on some subjects they are easy enough to look up online

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, Fidelibus said:

As a former Protestant, I too thought along these same lines Hazard until much study of Scripture and early Church history showed me differently. Insofar as the sin of Adam involved the whole human race in condemnation Mary needed redeeming.  But there are two ways of redeeming.  God could allow one to be born in sin and then purify the soul by subsequent application of the merits of Christ, or He could, by an anticipation of the merits of Christ, exempt a soul from an actual contraction of original sin.  Thus He exempted Mary from any actual inheritance of the sin, and she owes her exemption to the anticipated merits of Christ.  In other words, she was redeemed by Christ by prevention rather than by subsequent purification.

And you know that God exempted Mary from any inheritance of sin, based on... what?   Where in Scripture are "merits" of Jesus imparted in that manner?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 minutes ago, Fidelibus said:

Do you seek for God? Or have you ever seeked for God?

Yes. And I have found Him, through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Guest Teditis
44 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Every time we see a thread where someone decides to inform the members who and who not can post in the thread, we are required to step in and inform people that this is a discussion forum where everyone can respond if they wish, depending on their grouping.  This is not the first thread I have made such a statement and I highly doubt this will be the last.  If this is not enforced, then the members will feel that they have the right to create their own rules pertaining to the threads they start.  I am just nipping the problem in the bud before it gets any worse.  

People can ignore any post they wish if they are seeking a particular group of replies.  If a person wants only certain replies from a certain group of people, would it not be better for the person to go to the site where only those group of people respond?  It was decided not to divide this site up into denomination forums for Christ is not divided, nor is His Body.

I hope this clears this up for you Teditis.  It was not meant to be overbearing in any means, only creating an atmosphere of equality.

Are you suggesting that Worthy doesn't welcome Catholics on this site? Isn't Worthy a place where Catholics can freely discuss and debate their positions?

It seems that you're segregating here at Worthy and controlling their voices in the forums.

Since there are two threads with exactly the same topic being discussed at the same time, I feel that the OP was making a fair request in order to get a

Catholic perspective on the subject... he wasn't trying to enforce new rules on anyone.

Instead of bring any sense of equality, it seems to me that you stifled free exchange of information and derailed a thread that was meant to discover honest

information from a select group of believers.

But if this is the way that Worthy wants things to be here, that's your right and I'll leave it be.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

26 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Yes. And I have found Him, through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Excellent gdemoss, you do see for God. I asked a couple of questions of some folks that too said they were "seeking for God"  but never replied, I am hoping maybe you will. Okay, lets go back to your post where you quoted Rom.3:23.  So, the word "all" means every person who has ever lived, no exception - except for Jesus, correct? Now when I asked you if you were "seeking God." You said you were. Well,with all due respect, that is contrary to the Bible, at least, according to your interpretation of the Bible, because in Romans 3:11, it states the following: "No one seeks for God." If "all have sinned" means that everyone, without human exception, has sinned, then "No one seeks for God," means that no one, without human exception, seeks for God. Yet, you say that you do seek for God. Which means one of the following must be true: 1) You were wrong and you do not seek for God in your life; or 2) You think the Bible is wrong when it says "No one seeks for God." Which is it? Are you not seeking for God in your life, or do you believe the Bible is wrong when it says "No one" seeks for God?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

12 minutes ago, Fidelibus said:

Excellent gdemoss, you do see for God. I asked a couple of questions of some folks that too said they were "seeking for God"  but never replied, I am hoping maybe you will. Okay, lets go back to your post where you quoted Rom.3:23.  So, the word "all" means every person who has ever lived, no exception - except for Jesus, correct? Now when I asked you if you were "seeking God." You said you were. Well,with all due respect, that is contrary to the Bible, at least, according to your interpretation of the Bible, because in Romans 3:11, it states the following: "No one seeks for God." If "all have sinned" means that everyone, without human exception, has sinned, then "No one seeks for God," means that no one, without human exception, seeks for God. Yet, you say that you do seek for God. Which means one of the following must be true: 1) You were wrong and you do not seek for God in your life; or 2) You think the Bible is wrong when it says "No one seeks for God." Which is it? Are you not seeking for God in your life, or do you believe the Bible is wrong when it says "No one" seeks for God?

"I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance." - Luke 5:32

I am a sinner, Jesus called me. I accepted it. I hope you understand what I meant.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

10 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Are you suggesting that Worthy doesn't welcome Catholics on this site? Isn't Worthy a place where Catholics can freely discuss and debate their positions?

It seems that you're segregating here at Worthy and controlling their voices in the forums.

Since there are two threads with exactly the same topic being discussed at the same time, I feel that the OP was making a fair request in order to get a

Catholic perspective on the subject... he wasn't trying to enforce new rules on anyone.

Instead of bring any sense of equality, it seems to me that you stifled free exchange of information and derailed a thread that was meant to discover honest

information from a select group of believers.

But if this is the way that Worthy wants things to be here, that's your right and I'll leave it be.

I never even implied that Catholics are not welcomed here, and in all honesty I have no idea where you would even come up with that from what I posted.  Let me put it to you in a different way.  If I have a computer question, it would be a wise decision to ask people who know about computers.  If I insist that only those who know about computers to reply to a question, it would benefit me more to go to a site that only those who understand computers reply so I know I can receiving information from those who are experienced.  I would not be implying that those who don't know about computers were not welcome at Worthy.  Your logic is illogical.

I informed you of why this is a discussion from and all are welcomed to participate.  This inclusive decision has been passed down from one moderator to the next and is not something I created.

If you have any more reason to discuss what any moderator does, I suggest you use the PM and include all Servants, as the TOS points to, and allow this conversation to remain on focus.

If you have a problem with any of the Moderators or Chat admin, please keep it private.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, Fidelibus said:

As this is completely off topic, and before you posted this reply I wanted to ask these very questions of you when you kept asking people if the seek for God, maybe you would like to open a new thread for this?  I would like to see this discussed.  No need to reply, either you would like your own thread with this topic or you don't, God bless!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Fidelibus said:

Hello Hazard, but I must disagree with you. In the fourth century St. Augustine wrote: “When it is a matter of sin we must except the holy Virgin Mary, concerning whom I will have no question, raised, owing to the honor due to our Lord.” St. Ephrem, also in the 4th century, taught very clearly the Immaculate Conception of Mary, likening her to Eve before the fall. The Oriental Churches celebrated the feast of the Immaculate Conception as early as the seventh century. When Pope Pius IX defined the Catholic doctrine in 1854 he gave, not a new truth to be added to Christian teaching, but merely defined that this doctrine was part of Christian teaching from the very beginning, and that it is to be believed by all as part of Christian revelation.

1. Mary is revealed to be "full of grace" in Luke 1:28.

2. Mary is revealed to be the fulfillment of the prophetic "Daughter of Zion" of Zech. 2:10; Zeph. 3:14-16; Isaiah 12:1-6, etc.

3. Mary is revealed to be "the beginning of the new creation" in fufillment of the prophecy of Jer. 31:22.

4. Mary is revealed to possess a "blessed state" parallel with Christ's in Luke 1:42.

5. Mary is not just called "blessed" among women, but "more blessed than all women" (including Eve) in Luke 1:42.

6. Mary is revealed to be the spotless "Ark of the Covenant" in Luke 1.

7. Mary is revealed to be the "New Eve" in Luke 1:37-38; John 2:4; 19:26-27; Rev. 12, and elsewhere.

8. Mary is revealed to be free from the pangs of labor in fulfillment of Isaiah 66:7-8.

Sorry Hazard, am I missing it, but I don't see where this passage say's that Mary sinned.

What passage are you refurring to that all of humanity is sinful? And I would also like to ask if you seek of God or ever seeked of God?

Try this one, Jesus own words.

Matthew 19:17, And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God:  there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.